303 replies to this topic

#281 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,067 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Those last two penalties against the leafs were garbage. I absolutely hate when sh!tty refs try to make their sh!tty game look less bias with late calls to even up the numbers when the game is out of reach.

And just 16pps in the last 5 games is horse sh!t

They could have had 40 PP chances, it wouldn't matter.  The 5-on-4 PP is awful, especially when they line Kovy up at the right side where he can only pass.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#282 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

CAN LOU OPEN HIS fvckING EYES AND START MAKING SOME TRADES. GET OFF YOUR fvckING ASS LOU!!

Posted Image

#283 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,067 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Well he has made two already, although I wonder how many more games with this bad forward core we have to go before people realize maybe having healthy scratch d-men sitting in the press box while we had an immediate need up front is costing this team games.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#284 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Well he has made two already, although I wonder how many more games with this bad forward core we have to go before people realize maybe having healthy scratch d-men sitting in the press box while we had an immediate need up front is costing this team games.

ding ding ding

addition by subtraction 

and yes that first goal was not on moose

Posted Image

#285 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

WOW JUST SAW THE HIGHLIGHTS HEDBURG WAS SCRAP.

PLZ DONT PUT HIM IN NETS TOMRROW.

Posted Image

#286 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Deboer NEEDS to get Kovy going at even strength. Put Patty on the other side.

Elias Loktionov Kovalchuk

Henrique Zajac Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Josefson Matteau

CBGB

believe-zubrus.jpg

#287 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

CAN LOU OPEN HIS fvckING EYES AND START MAKING SOME TRADES. GET OFF YOUR fvckING ASS LOU!!

Caps lock makes your point more valid. If you had opened your eyes, you may have noticed that Lou did make 2 trades, pulling in Loktionov and Ponikarovsky for nothing. What panic trade would you suggest? Tallinder for bobby Ryan?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#288 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Is it just me or does Kovy's skating look a little slower?

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#289 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,280 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

.849 save% for Hedberg in his last six.  Doesn't get much worse than that.  Doesn't help that the Devils have completely stopped scoring as well.   

Not sure what Lou can really do...like some have already pointed out, it's not like Lou has done nothing...he's made two moves already.  Maybe Kinkaid could get a game, but I trust DeBoer, and if he thinks Hedberg gives the Devils the best shot to win, I gotta go with DeBoer on that one.   

Lou has always been patient...I would expect a few more losses (of course hopefully that doesn't happen) before Lou would think about doing anything drastic.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#290 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

Deboer NEEDS to get Kovy going at even strength. Put Patty on the other side.

Elias Loktionov Kovalchuk

Henrique Zajac Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Josefson Matteau

CBGB

Kovy is attracting WAY too much attention now,  throw the kovalchuk zajac elias line back together for a game. we have nothing to lose now

as scary as zid is in the D end he needs a 2nd pairing. behind greenes first

but if hedberg cant find a solution to his stick and 5 hole issues its all moot! we just can't overcome that ineptitude in net

Is it just me or does Kovy's skating look a little slower?

maybe a bit, but he's getting triple coverage at the blueline

could be kovy has lost a bit of confidence in his shot too, he's had some big misses lately. but I cant tell how much he's missing by

Edited by EdgeControl, 05 March 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#291 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

i like articles like "Kessel finally delivers on home ice as Leafs explode in third to beat Devils"

lol good way to feel good about yourself i guess but the Leafs didnt explode, the Devils implode. thats different

www.SterioDesign.com

#292 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

I'm still not worried with average goaltending we win at least 3 of these games. 

#293 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Clarkson having one assist and no goals in the last 8 games is also not too great

www.SterioDesign.com

#294 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,280 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'm still not worried with average goaltending we win at least 3 of these games. 

Problem is you don't know if the Devils will get average goaltending going forward.  One guy is 40 and the other is 39, and as we all know the first guy has played more games in net than anyone ever has in the NHL.  Even if he's effective, his body might not be able to handle it much longer. 

As for Hedberg and ANY goalie who's 39, who knows?  He did a nice job the last couple of seasons, but he's no guarantee either.

Not saying Brodeur can't recover and Hedberg won't snap out of this slump, but let's face it, both guys are question marks going forward, especially given their ages.  No one knows if this is just a rough patch, or a sign of things to come.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#295 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Clarkson has 24 shots in the last 8 games - I'm not worried about him.  He's not going to score 30 goals in this shortened season.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#296 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

After clearing my head and thinking about the game I think something to take away from this game, and the sabers game is that they seem to be trending upward. With average/good goaltending we win those games. It's annoying that moose is blowing games but I'm glad that they are executing their system better and just playing a better all around game compared to a week ago. Lets get a win tonight LGD

#297 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

After clearing my head and thinking about the game I think something to take away from this game, and the sabers game is that they seem to be trending upward. With average/good goaltending we win those games. It's annoying that moose is blowing games but I'm glad that they are executing their system better and just playing a better all around game compared to a week ago. Lets get a win tonight LGD

problem is eventually they will get frustrated and not even manage to do that, daboer is a great coach so we have that going for us, but it's hard to continue to believe in a system if you aren't winning.

#298 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

yeah this. still not convinced they played that well in buffalo but the first 2 periods yesterday we're certainly more Devilish in term of effort and pressure.

www.SterioDesign.com

#299 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Rally behind Kinkaid tonight. However, PDB will most likely go with Hedberg.

#300 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

They need to give Hedberg a rest...    we won't get much worse in nets than we have been with another body in nets; but we could see what we have in Kinkaid.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users