703 replies to this topic

#201 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

If you're a Dolphins fan, this is the type of game you'd expect to lose...tough road game against an opponent who clearly looks like it's one of the top teams this season.  Those "reminder we're not quite there YET" games sting sometimes, but this loss shouldn't take away that: 

1) Dolphins still went into Indy and beat them (Colts' only loss), and beat Atlanta (they may be 1-3 but they're still dangerous).   

2) Tannehill is getting better, though last night's performance just killed his season numbers.  Biggest issue is the fumbling...6 this season, 15 career.  That's got to stop.

3) 3-1 with three of your first four games coming on the road is nothing to sneeze at for a team trying to take steps forward.  That's impressive. 

Dolphins have a decent shot to go 5-1, getting Baltimore at home, then getting an extra week to prepare for Buffalo (also at home), before going up to NE.  I'm guessing they'll probably split the Baltimore/Buffalo games, which would still make them a solid 4-2, but it's definitely not like 5-1 is a pipe dream. 

Dolphins' road sched is favorable, from a strength-of-opponent standpoint...only really tough game left on it is @NE (10/27)...it would be a terrific accomplishment if they went in there and won.  After that, the road sched is Tampa Bay (11/11), NY Jets (12/1), Pittsburgh (12/8), and Buffalo (12/22).  The killer could potentially be the elements in those final three games.  Dolphins should split those four road games at the very least, but I think they can find a way to win three of them if the weather's not too rough. 

The most interesting game left on their home schedule is the Pats on 12/15...that's looking way ahead (a lot can happen between now and then), but that game could be the one that potentially decides the AFC East...and Brady hasn't always had an easy time of it in Miami.  Pats haven't lost to the Dolphins since 2009, but I don't make much out of that...there's change from year-to-year, teams fall and rise in the NFL seemingly overnight sometimes...there's just not that much relevance from year-to-year, or even game-to-game sometimes. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 October 2013 - 06:20 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#202 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

If you're a Dolphins fan, this is the type of game you'd expect to lose...tough road game against an opponent who clearly looks like it's one of the top teams this season.  Those "reminder we're not quite there YET" games sting sometimes, but this loss shouldn't take away that: 

1) Dolphins still went into Indy and beat them (Colts' only loss), and beat Atlanta (they may be 1-3 but they're still dangerous).   

2) Tannehill is getting better, though last night's performance just killed his season numbers.  Biggest issue is the fumbling...6 this season, 15 career.  That's got to stop.

3) 3-1 with three of your first four games coming on the road is nothing to sneeze at for a team trying to take steps forward.  That's impressive. 

Dolphins have a decent shot to go 5-1, getting Baltimore at home, then getting an extra week to prepare for Buffalo (also at home), before going up to NE.  I'm guessing they'll probably split the Baltimore/Buffalo games, which would still make them a solid 4-2, but it's definitely not like 5-1 is a pipe dream. 

Dolphins' road sched is favorable, from a strength-of-opponent standpoint...only really tough game left on it is @NE (10/27)...it would be a terrific accomplishment if they went in there and won.  After that, the road sched is Tampa Bay (11/11), NY Jets (12/1), Pittsburgh (12/8), and Buffalo (12/22).  The killer could potentially be the elements in those final three games.  Dolphins should split those four road games at the very least, but I think they can find a way to win three of them if the weather's not too rough. 

The most interesting game left on their home schedule is the Pats on 12/15...that's looking way ahead (a lot can happen between now and then), but that game could be the one that potentially decides the AFC East...and Brady hasn't always had an easy time of it in Miami.  Pats haven't lost to the Dolphins since 2009, but I don't make much out of that...there's change from year-to-year, teams fall and rise in the NFL seemingly overnight sometimes...there's just not that much relevance from year-to-year, or even game-to-game sometimes. 

This game was supposed to be house money, so the loss itself doesn't bother me so much.  What bothers me is that they got absolutely throttled, after what looked to be a promising start.  You couple that with the fact that they have yet to win a game decisively, it tells me the Phins are not ready for prime time, although, to be fair, not many teams are. 

The good news is that the AFC is not very deep, so the playoffs are still a possibility, and actually more than a 50/50 probability if you think the statistics about 3-0 teams have any meaning. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#203 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

This game was supposed to be house money, so the loss itself doesn't bother me so much.  What bothers me is that they got absolutely throttled, after what looked to be a promising start.  You couple that with the fact that they have yet to win a game decisively, it tells me the Phins are not ready for prime time, although, to be fair, not many teams are. 

The good news is that the AFC is not very deep, so the playoffs are still a possibility, and actually more than a 50/50 probability if you think the statistics about 3-0 teams have any meaning. 

Miami was always getting dominated. I would say Vegas got destroyed with this line being only at -7. Primetime game in the dome are a recipe for disaster against I'd say 27 of the other 31 teams. Look at the 3 primetime games the Saints had before last year (when Payton was suspended).

http://www.pro-footb...01110230nor.htm

http://www.pro-footb...01111280nor.htm

http://www.pro-footb...01112260nor.htm

The Giants and Falcons were to very good teams. The Giants ended up winning the SB. But the Saints offense just gets going after slow starts and doesn't stop. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#204 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

the Saints have also been averaging 35 points a game at home in their last 20 games or something sick like that.....knowing you need to match those points is a tall order for almost any offense in the league....this game was not a good matchup anywhere for Miami.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#205 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Just some bad things that set the tone for this game . Can't stop thinking about thigpen getting tripped up, the third and 1/2 inch play , and the tannehill int before the half.

Like maddog said. We're 3-1 which I didn't expect at this point

Can't win them all.....unless your the 72 fins
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#206 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Crap, I hate the fact that we have you guys next week, coming off the Monday trend. Hopefully, we can at least run the ball on the Fins. I still can't get over the third and 1/2 inch debacle. It shifted the momentum of the game.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#207 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Crap, I hate the fact that we have you guys next week, coming off the Monday trend. Hopefully, we can at least run the ball on the Fins.

I still can't get over the third and 1/2 inch debacle. It shifted the momentum of the game.

Yeah that 3rd and a fvcking fingernail play burned me more than anything else the other night. If we score a TD on that drive, it would've been a different game. Doesn't mean we would've won, but it would've definitely been a different game.

Edited by MadDog2020, 02 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#208 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yeah that 3rd and a fvcking fingernail play burned me more than anything else the other night. If we score a TD on that drive, it would've been a different game. Doesn't mean we would've won, but it would've definitely been a different game.

Agree

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#209 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

An embarrassing loss in the making.

Is it too late to call Tim Tebow or perhaps Josh Freeman? Tannehill is a lot like Adam Larsson. We're told they're good based on reputation and draft position, but they both have nothing to show for it.

I think the Tannehill apologists will use the same excuse that we get from the Larsson apologists, he's only in his [fill in the blank] year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Edited by Daniel, 06 October 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#210 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

The consolation here is that at least the Phins are better than Jacksonville. We should be drafting Manziel. I would hope Bridgewater, but we're not that bad, the same way we weren't bad enough to get Luck.

Tannehill apologists on three, two, one ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Edited by Daniel, 06 October 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#211 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Well the loss wasn't quite that emabarassing although it was a game that our overrated QB took from the jaws of victory. He ought to be thanking his lucky stars it wasn't worse if that INT in the first quarter hadn't been reversed. When will people start to realize that Tannehill is not the answer?

Edited by Daniel, 06 October 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image

#212 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Tannehill was the only thing that worked on your offense lol...I mean really, 307 yards and 0 actual INT's?  And your RB's gained 16 yards on 9 carries :P 

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#213 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Well the loss wasn't quite that emabarassing although it was a game that our overrated QB took from the jaws of victory. He ought to be thanking his lucky stars it wasn't worse if that INT in the first quarter hadn't been reversed. When will people start to realize that Tannehill is not the answer?

How many dropped balls were there?

#214 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Tannehill was the only thing that worked on your offense lol...I mean really, 307 yards and 0 actual INT's? And your RB's gained 16 yards on 9 carries :P

He takes a million sacks and does not get rid of the ball. This was a very winnable game, where the defense got us a touchdown.

This is a 7-9 team, if Tannehill is lucky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image

#215 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

How many dropped balls were there?

Every QB deals with dropped passes. That's an excuse for bad QBs. Like Sanchez, like Tannehill.

Posted Image

#216 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

He takes a million sacks and does not get rid of the ball. This was a very winnable game, where the defense got us a touchdown. This is a 7-9 team, if Tannehill is lucky. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To me when you have six sacks AND average < 2 YPC that screams 'bad offensive line' more than QB holding the ball but I don't watch the Dolphins :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#217 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

He takes a million sacks and does not get rid of the ball. This was a very winnable game, where the defense got us a touchdown. This is a 7-9 team, if Tannehill is lucky. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To me when you have six sacks AND average < 2 YPC that screams 'bad offensive line' more than QB holding the ball but I don't watch the Dolphins :P

I watch them. Believe me, Tannehill is not running for his life.

Posted Image

#218 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Gosh, I miss Anquan Boldin every week.   Our offense sucks without that one guy that makes everyone else 10x's better.     Tanny does not have that guy either.  Wallace just SUCKS.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#219 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Lmfao, Daniel. I can't even read your posts about Tannehill without cracking up. Dude is under siege thanks to the worst o-line in the history of organized football, throws for 300 yards and doesn't turn it over at all (even converting an unreal 4th and 10) and its the QB's fault. I mean, I can't even take it seriously, I'm sincerely hoping you're parodying yourself at this point.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#220 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Really impressed by the TE Clay. Where did he come from?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users