703 replies to this topic

#241 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

We tried like heck to motivate the guy (I think he has weight clause in his contract) but I think we just gave up on him. Good luck...with your "pro-bowl" player.

Oh I'm sure he'll be a fvcking gem. What's the over/under on how many snaps it takes for him to give up his first sack? Let's say 3. I'll take the under.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#242 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

The fish haven't tasted victory since Sept. 22nd, and should come out livid as all hell @ the start of this game. Look for players foaming at the mouth here, seriously! A loss would give the Dolphins 4 in-a-row, and push them to the brink of a divided lockerroom. I expect RT to show us his best against the Pats, and once again, prove the doubters wrong.

*Miami wins this; 27-24

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#243 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

The fish haven't tasted victory since Sept. 22nd, and should come out livid as all hell @ the start of this game. Look for players foaming at the mouth here, seriously! A loss would give the Dolphins 4 in-a-row, and push them to the brink of a divided lockerroom. I expect RT to show us his best against the Pats, and once again, prove the doubters wrong.

*Miami wins this; 27-24

The coaching staff damn well better have them ready to play this week, after the horsesh!t they put on tape yesterday. For them to come out so unprepared for a game against Thad fvcking Lewis and the fvcking Bills at home... Just unacceptable, and that falls on the coaches that this team wasn't ready to fvcking eat Buffalo's children out of the gate. Horrible playcalling. Horrible o-line. Great job by Tannehill to recover from the rough start with the 3 TD's and getting the team in a position to win, but ya gotta hold on to the ball there kid. I know Clabo is garbage, but ya gotta hang on to the ball. This was a TEAM loss, soup to nuts. Everyone had culpability. If they beat the Pats, I'd dance the jig of all jigs and then another jig after that.

#244 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

The coaching staff damn well better have them ready to play this week, after the horsesh!t they put on tape yesterday. For them to come out so unprepared for a game against Thad fvcking Lewis and the fvcking Bills at home... Just unacceptable, and that falls on the coaches that this team wasn't ready to fvcking eat Buffalo's children out of the gate. Horrible playcalling. Horrible o-line. Great job by Tannehill to recover from the rough start with the 3 TD's and getting the team in a position to win, but ya gotta hold on to the ball there kid. I know Clabo is garbage, but ya gotta hang on to the ball. This was a TEAM loss, soup to nuts. Everyone had culpability. If they beat the Pats, I'd dance the jig of all jigs and then another jig after that.

Tannehill still gets a free pass. I don't get it. The loss is more on him as it is on the O-line, which was pretty good most of the game. When it's all said and done, the defense was responsible for 13 points. Tannehill was single handedly responsible for 10 lost points (the pick six and the pick in the red zone that cost at least 3 points).

All I can hope for at this point is that the Jets-Fins game on December 1 is meaningful for the Phins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#245 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Tannehill still gets a free pass. I don't get it. The loss is more on him as it is on the O-line, which was pretty good most of the game. When it's all said and done, the defense was responsible for 13 points. Tannehill was single handedly responsible for 10 lost points (the pick six and the pick in the red zone that cost at least 3 points).

All I can hope for at this point is that the Jets-Fins game on December 1 is meaningful for the Phins.

I said everyone had culpability. That includes Tannehill. Just because I don't hate his guts and didn't blame the loss completely on him and him alone doesn't mean he's getting a free pass. I said he needed to hang on to the ball. The picks were both mistakes. But if you can't see the positives as well, then you're just hating to hate. He brought them back and got them the lead, and he showed character to respond from the bad start instead of going into the tank. It was a good response to adversity, which you want in a QB. As hard as I know it is for you to do with Tannehill, look at the whole picture. That said, he had his share of blame in this loss and that is undeniable.

#246 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

nfl.com article

Apparently the Dolphins complained to the NFL about the Ravens pushing a player through the line on their failed game-tying field goal attempt a couple of weeks back.  The league admitted that it was a missed call and vowed to make that a point of emphasis for the rest of the season.

Thanks guys!!  :thumbsup:

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#247 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

What a disaster. I fvcking hate this franchise, they do it to me every time I dare get my hopes up. I should've learned a long time ago. And CR, who are we kidding- 31-10 NE domination and we all know it. No way we're going into Foxboro with the Pats off a loss and beating them after that clusterfvck monstrosity piece of sh!t yesterday.

The Pat D has taken a major hit with the injuries.  They're back to being meh again, after showing signs of FINALLY becoming pretty good. 

And the Pat O keeps showing signs of what could be, but can't find any consistency.  I pointed this out in the Jet thread, but don't be fooled by Gronk's 8 catch, 114-yard "looks good on paper" day.  He was targeted 17 times.  Kinds of tells you how Brady feels about throwing to the rest of his receivers. 

There's the makings of an upset here...especially since the Pats don't seem to be able to pull away from their opponents this season.  Don't be surprised if the Dolphins are in this game in the 4th quarter...not saying they'll win for sure, but they'll have their chances. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#248 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

I said everyone had culpability. That includes Tannehill. Just because I don't hate his guts and didn't blame the loss completely on him and him alone doesn't mean he's getting a free pass. I said he needed to hang on to the ball. The picks were both mistakes. But if you can't see the positives as well, then you're just hating to hate. He brought them back and got them the lead, and he showed character to respond from the bad start instead of going into the tank. It was a good response to adversity, which you want in a QB. As hard as I know it is for you to do with Tannehill, look at the whole picture. That said, he had his share of blame in this loss and that is undeniable.

Much more than a share. If Geno Smith had the same performance it would be "LOL Jets"
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#249 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Much more than a share. If Geno Smith had the same performance it would be "LOL Jets"
Posted Image

#250 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

The Pat D has taken a major hit with the injuries. They're back to being meh again, after showing signs of FINALLY becoming pretty good.

And the Pat O keeps showing signs of what could be, but can't find any consistency. I pointed this out in the Jet thread, but don't be fooled by Gronk's 8 catch, 114-yard "looks good on paper" day. He was targeted 17 times. Kinds of tells you how Brady feels about throwing to the rest of his receivers.

There's the makings of an upset here...especially since the Pats don't seem to be able to pull away from their opponents this season. Don't be surprised if the Dolphins are in this game in the 4th quarter...not saying they'll win for sure, but they'll have their chances.

Dead on
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#251 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

this franchise has made me completely numb, I really walk away from these loses not mad at all. I've become immune to it, its just  what i'm use too

Edited by estreetcrew3, 22 October 2013 - 05:21 PM.

Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#252 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...-london-in-2014 So we're playing the Raiders in London next year. At least we don't lose a home game this time, its a Raider 'home' game.

#253 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...-london-in-2014 So we're playing the Raiders in London next year. At least we don't lose a home game this time, its a Raider 'home' game.

One advantage of rooting for an out of town team is that you don't have to feel as embarassed about bad home attendance.

Posted Image

#254 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

One advantage of rooting for an out of town team is that you don't have to feel as embarassed about bad home attendance.

There will probably be more Fins fans in the stands in London than there usually are in Miami, sadly.

#255 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

There will probably be more Fins fans in the stands in London than there usually are in Miami, sadly.

Very true.  I've seen the Patriots play the Dolphins twice in Miami (in '98 and '99...Pats won in '98 14-12, and Dolphins won in '99 9-6 in OT...both games were about as lame at the scores would indicate).  While the Dolphins are clearly one of the those "national following" kind of teams (along with the Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, etc), the local fans really don't seem to care much in Miami.  The crowd was about 30%-40% Patriot fans at the games I attended.  And during our first game, my friend Jim (huge Dolphins fan) said, "Damn bro, I think there's more friggin' Dolphin fans in NJ than there are in Miami!"  Miami is an odd sports town.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 October 2013 - 06:09 AM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#256 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Very true. I've seen the Patriots play the Dolphins twice in Miami (in '98 and '99...Pats won in '98 14-12, and Dolphins won in '99 9-6 in OT...both games were about as lame at the scores would indicate). While the Dolphins are clearly one of the those "national following" kind of teams (along with the Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, etc), the local fans really don't seem to care much in Miami. The crowd was about 30%-40% Patriot fans at the games I attended. And during our first game, my friend Jim (huge Dolphins fan) said, "Damn bro, I think there's more friggin' Dolphin fans in NJ than there are in Miami!" Miami is an odd sports town.

I saw Fins-Pats in Miami in 2002 and my section was Foxboro south. I was surrounded by Pats fans, I felt like it was a road game. Truth is its just never been the same since they moved out of the OB. Joe Robbie has never really provided much of a home field advantage. Combine that with a horrible decade and a half of football, and this is what you get.

#257 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

I saw Fins-Pats in Miami in 2002 and my section was Foxboro south. I was surrounded by Pats fans, I felt like it was a road game. Truth is its just never been the same since they moved out of the OB. Joe Robbie has never really provided much of a home field advantage. Combine that with a horrible decade and a half of football, and this is what you get.

Yeah, I didn't know what to expect...at that point, the only road Patriot games I'd been to were at the Meadowlands, against the Jets.  I was pretty surprised when there seemed to be more Pats fans in my parking section than Dolphins fans...even more so when I saw the number of Patriot fans in the building itself.  And yeah, Joe Robbie is a very "meh" kind of building.  Even though it's not that old, it's probably already one of the more dated NFL stadiums out there. 

#30 FOREVER!

#258 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

So what's Tannehill's excuse this week?  The Pats gave the Fins every opportunity to take the game, with Brady basically not having a hand to throw the ball.  Tannehill just finds ways to lose.  But he never gets called out on it, so there's no incentive for him to improve, if he were even capable of it.

At this point I don't even know what to say.  There's really no hope for this franchise.  They guessed wrong with Tannehill, and they're not really bad enough to get a true franchise QB.  Hopefully they'll be awful when it's time for the QB from Florida State to enter the draft. 

Posted Image

#259 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

So what's our next move for THIS season? The coaches and players aren't going to pack it In like most fans are
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#260 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

So what's our next move for THIS season? The coaches and players aren't going to pack it In like most fans are

It's sort of like asking what's the next move for the Jags.  It doesn't really matter.  But in our case, it's even worse in that we still haven't hit rock bottom.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users