703 replies to this topic

#261 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

This team blows, and the refs can eat a dick. Biggest fvckjob I've ever been privy to. 'Illegal batting of the ball', fvck you NFL. Seriously, fvck you. And fvck you for all the other garbage penalties (the hold on Patterson, the BULLsh!t PI on Wilson) that kept NE drives alive. Typical garbage. And of course they respond to adversity like a bunch of fvcking losers and the coaches make no adjustments in the second half at all. Tannehill had a great first half, terrible second half. Pretty much the same for the whole team. Looks like another year of missing the playoffs. We did ourselves no favors in the second half, but that officiating was a fvcking JOKE of the highest order today. I was waiting for The Macho Man and the Ultimate Warrior to show up to confirm I was watching fvcking WWE bullsh!t.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#262 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

This team blows, and the refs can eat a dick. Biggest fvckjob I've ever been privy to. 'Illegal batting of the ball', fvck you NFL. Seriously, fvck you. And fvck you for all the other garbage penalties (the hold on Patterson, the BULLsh!t PI on Wilson) that kept NE drives alive. Typical garbage. And of course they respond to adversity like a bunch of fvcking losers and the coaches make no adjustments in the second half at all. Tannehill had a great first half, terrible second half. Pretty much the same for the whole team. Looks like another year of missing the playoffs. We did ourselves no favors in the second half, but that officiating was a fvcking JOKE of the highest order today. I was waiting for The Macho Man and the Ultimate Warrior to show up to confirm I was watching fvcking WWE bullsh!t.

Very tough call for the refs to make on the batted ball. I thought he was trying to corral it live and that's obviously a tough play as you are racing full speed to a moving ball. Best to leave it as a no call since what real reason would he do that? But this game still wasn't decided by the refs. Awful showing by the entire Dolphins team in the 2nd half.

2nd and 2 from NE's 19 to start the 3rd quarter up 17-3. And it became a clusterfvck after that play.

I'm sorry MD2020. I have a good friend who is a Dolphins fan and we usually talk about our miserable teams. And he still wishes he had the success of the Carolina Panthers. It's been a brutal run. They desperately need to bottom out and get their game changing player. Too many years in the middle of the pack. Too many years with false franchise saviours. He had no doubt the Dolphins would lose the game at half, as I usually have felt about any Panthers lead at the half over the last few years. It's probably the only thing that kept me sane is knowing and expecting defeat. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 27 October 2013 - 08:52 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#263 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Very tough call for the refs to make on the batted ball. I thought he was trying to corral it live and that's obviously a tough play as you are racing full speed to a moving ball. Best to leave it as a no call since what real reason would he do that? But this game still wasn't decided by the refs. Awful showing by the entire Dolphins team in the 2nd half.

2nd and 2 from NE's 19 to start the 3rd quarter up 17-3. And it became a clusterfvck after that play.

I'm sorry MD2020. I have a good friend who is a Dolphins fan and we usually talk about our miserable teams. And he still wishes he had the success of the Carolina Panthers. It's been a brutal run. They desperately need to bottom out and get their game changing player. Too many years in the middle of the pack. Too many years with false franchise saviours. He had no doubt the Dolphins would lose the game at half, as I usually have felt about any Panthers lead at the half over the last few years. It's probably the only thing that kept me sane is knowing and expecting defeat.

The game wasn't decided by the refs, but they sure didn't help, that's for sure. I've lived and died with this team since I'm 8 years old and games like last week and today make me realize I will never see this team win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. The players change, the coaches change, the general managers change, the owners change, the logos change, the uniforms change... The results NEVER change.

#264 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

The game wasn't decided by the refs, but they sure didn't help, that's for sure. I've lived and died with this team since I'm 8 years old and games like last week and today make me realize I will never see this team win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. The players change, the coaches change, the general managers change, the owners change, the logos change, the uniforms change... The results NEVER change.

If I was a Dolphin fan, I'm probably feeling much the same as you are MD2020.  That's one of those games where you want to put your fist through every TV you see if your team loses.  I think part of the problem is that it feels like the refs can be very selective with what they enforce and when they enforce it.  Sure, Pats were guilty of the penalty that gave the Jets another chance to kick their game-winning OT field goal, but it seems hard to believe that, of all the FG attempts prior this season, that it didn't happen elsewhere.  All fans want to see is consistency. 

Pats got booed off the field at the half.  Place was like a morgue at that point.  Some fans near me (only a few) actually were wondering if Ryan Mallett should get into the game after the first half.  Momentum just seemed to change after that missed FG...it felt like damned near nothing was going right for the Patriots until that play. 

It's only one game, and I only watch 4-5 Dolphin games a year (twice against the Pats, maybe once or twice against the Jets, then another game, depending on who they're playing), but if this game was any indication, I can understand why Daniel gets so frustrated with Tannehill, even if he's a little over-the-top with his hatred. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#265 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

It's only one game, and I only watch 4-5 Dolphin games a year (twice against the Pats, maybe once or twice against the Jets, then another game, depending on who they're playing), but if this game was any indication, I can understand why Daniel gets so frustrated with Tannehill, even if he's a little over-the-top with his hatred. 

Dolphins fans with QBs since Marino retired is like the Flyers' fans relationship with goalies. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#266 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Dolphins fans with QBs since Marino retired is like the Flyers' fans relationship with goalies.

I actually kinda agree with this. Like the Phailure fans with goalies, we as Fins fans desperately want and need a franchise QB to pin our hopes on. The overall long-term success of the franchise depends on it. I still believe in Tannehill, but I've had enough of the fumbles now. Hold on to the fvcking ball. He needs to be able to feel the rush better and protect the football. He has a lot of really good qualities and he has a chance to be very good, but I've seen enough of the fumbles. You can't fumble every damn time you get hit. So there ya go Daniel, no free pass for Tannehill this week. But I'm certainly not writing him off. I've still seen enough good things that I'm willing to be patient.

#267 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Geez, the soap opera continues with Jonathan Martin of all people. 

http://www.miamihera...n-jonathan.html

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#268 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Can it get any worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#269 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

I wonder if there's been a team worse at blowing leads than this one. Anti-clutch

Posted Image

#270 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

The Phins should seriously look at Mark Sanchez after this 5-11 debacle of a season.

Posted Image

#271 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

The Phins should seriously look at Mark Sanchez after this 5-11 debacle of a season.

crack is wack yo put the pipe down
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#272 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

lol a walk-off safety.  Can't remember the last time I saw THAT.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#273 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

lol a walk-off safety.  Can't remember the last time I saw THAT.

3rd time in NFL history, and a fitting reward for a defense that played nearly 100 plays (maybe more) and almost 13 straight minutes in the 3rd including a 92-yard pick six.  I still have a lot of concerns about our defense...we could have a historicaly bad 3rd and 7+ percentage and it's turned into a problem in getting the defense off the field...and we left 10 points on the field between the Sturgis miss and Miller's fumble...but this win is big time, and we needed it to keep pace with all the other wild card contenders.  

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 31 October 2013 - 11:07 PM.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#274 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

crack is wack yo put the pipe down

Tell me precisely what Tannehill has accomplished. We all know that he had nothing to do with this win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image

#275 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

I wonder if there's been a team worse at blowing leads than this one. Anti-clutch

Not sure what more the defense could've done.  Three picks and a game-deciding safety.  And as we know, with all of the rule changes, it's really hard to shut down an offense for all four quarters, especially when your D is on the field for as many minutes as the Dolphins' D was last night...as as we've seen, though the Bengals' offense is a bit erratic, they CAN put up points.  Miami's D must be gassed today...probably thrilled that they're getting some extra days off. 

And as we're seeing in today's NFL, no lead is safe anymore.  I remember when 1:00 left on the clock, having the ball on your own 10-yard line and no timeouts meant game over.  Not anymore. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#276 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

That was as gigantic a win as a team could have at this point in the season. It was win or we're toast. Well, we saved our season- for now. Defense got the job done (although I think we just missed another tackle on Bernard just now, he's still running). Of course I expect Daniel to bring the Tannehill haterade as per usual- but he didn't turn it over at all this week, he went 20-28 (efficient) and he got the team in position for the tying FG, making some nice throws in the process. Tannehill was fine, in other words and it was a nice recovery from a couple of tough weeks. Just happy to get back in the W column. It's been a while. They better not let down against Tampa next week.

#277 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

. They better not let down against Tampa next week.

That would be so typical though wouldn't it.

Posted Image

#278 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

That would be so typical though wouldn't it.

Yep, it sure would. My fear is that after the Bucs lose this week, they'll fire Schiano, and replace him with Dave Wannschmuck. And Wannschmuck will of course lead the Bucs to their first win of the season over the Dolphins on national television. It would be typical Dolphins if that happened. I called Carpenter beating us with some team this year the minute we cut him. And whadaya know...

#279 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

I agree. Sanchez has a lot to offer a franchise, especially tutoring a younger QB. Provided Miami continues to built their O-line, and develop another WR they already have a much better offensive franchise than the Jets or Bills in their division.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#280 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=9913324

This Martin story's an odd one.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users