703 replies to this topic

#321 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

It's remarkable how this story has evolved from the poor character\morals\decency of Incognito, -to- the entire Dolphins team..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9946248/richie-incognito-held-offensive-line-meetings-strip-club

"The National Football Post, citing two sources, reports that Incognito made the linemen attend the Dolphins meetings at strip-clubs. If they failed to show up, Incognito would fine them, and mock them for not being part of the group. “Richie wanted to set up Richie's world as a way for everybody to act. He [Incognito] thinks everybody should act that way. He doesn't get that some guys aren't into that behavior. Some guys don't want to constantly explain to their wife or girlfriend why they have to go to a strip-club."

..are we beginning to understand why he was voted to the Leadership Council by his teammates?

Would not surprise me in the least to see Stephen Ross step in here before the investigation even begins, in the form of releasing players, and\or firing someone. They're taking a beating in the court of public opinion with no end in site. The NFL looks embarrassingly bad here, and needs to stop the bleeding.

might be a dumb question, but if he was fining the players was he pocketing there money

#322 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

..truth be told, this Martin stuff concerns me as a Jets fan. To say that the players for the Dolphins will be galvanized by all of this is an excellent point.
The organization has now been labeled Enemy #1 in the eyes of the public, and that can go one of two ways for the fish. They can either crack under the pressure of this distraction.. or embrace it, and use it as a rallying cry. I'm betting on the later, because now they have newfound motivation to not only win, but to stick a gigantic middle finger at the world.

They may be galvanized, but they also lost the entire left side of an offensive line that wasn't that great to begin with.

..also a fair point.

If the Dolphins lose to Tampa on Monday, there will be a full blown mutiny brewing down there. They've got; San Diego, Carolina, Jets, Pittsburgh, New England over the next 5 games.. so only time will tell how this effects them on the field.

In a way it helps that we play them January 1st the second game, because I really believe that Clabo & Pouncey are both going to be pulled into this too. By then the legal team will have released 75% their case, and by December you should find out who said\did what. If the Dolphins organization suspended Incognito for a voicemail.. I expect them to act just as harsh to anyone else once the details leak.

But of course, knowing the Jets luck, even with our beast front seven.. we'll still lose to an o-line without Martin, Incognito, Clabo & Pouncey! :P

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#323 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,309 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

might be a dumb question, but if he was fining the players was he pocketing there money

Starting to understand why some Dolphin players are backing or feigning ignorance about Incognito; they are all intimidated by him. No wonder they a middling team.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#324 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,910 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Mike Silver is reporting neither Philbin or Ireland will survive this

http://www.cbssports...cognito-scandal

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#325 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

No one wants a incognito on there team. Proven. Dolphins give up the most sacks in the league. They need to fix that

#326 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

No one wants a incognito on there team. Proven. Dolphins give up the most sacks in the league. They need to fix that

Jonathan Martin was a big part of that problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#327 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

Yeah both were problems but i rather a martin over a incognito. Players said they wouldn't want an incognito on there team.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 11 November 2013 - 02:55 AM.

#328 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Mike Silver is reporting neither Philbin or Ireland will survive this..
http://www.cbssports...cognito-scandal

..either Ross is just saying all the right things to keep up public perception at a respectable level.. or he is so disgusted with the shame in all of this, that there will be a clean sweep after this season. If he's texting Martin, then there seems to be some level of legitimacy to his concerns.

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=9959235
"Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross texted Jonathan Martin offering his support through the Richie Incognito controversy. Ross texted Martin expressing that he is committed to creating a professional environment for all members of his organization. Ross also has spoke to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about the mess in Miami, as well as with other league officials. The NFL's independent investigator, Ted Wells, is expected to begin his diligence with the Dolphins officials, who potentially had pertinent knowledge of the situation."

Ireland's done.. no question about it. The fact that he was made aware and did nothing is enough of a smoking gun.. but the response in what his suggested resolution was, that's the final nail in the coffin. Philbin is on borrowed time too imo. He had to have known this was taking place, and if he tries to throw other coaches under the bus in an attempt to save his own neck, it's going to look even worse. Coaches talk to eachother constantly. If one coach knew, they all knew. Moreover, if you're a Dolphins fan.. why would you even want him to come back for a 3rd year? The guys done nothing.
His departure may be addition by subtraction.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#329 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

Yeah both were problems but i rather a martin over a incognito. Players said they wouldn't want an incognito on there team.

Martin was awful on the field, and got benched.  Incognito was always overrated in my mind, but he's a better football player.  The rest of the team is supporting Incognito, and Martin's story seems to get flimsier by the day.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#330 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

..either Ross is just saying all the right things to keep up public perception at a respectable level.. or he is so disgusted with the shame in all of this, that there will be a clean sweep after this season. If he's texting Martin, then there seems to be some level of legitimacy to his concerns.

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=9959235
"Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross texted Jonathan Martin offering his support through the Richie Incognito controversy. Ross texted Martin expressing that he is committed to creating a professional environment for all members of his organization. Ross also has spoke to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about the mess in Miami, as well as with other league officials. The NFL's independent investigator, Ted Wells, is expected to begin his diligence with the Dolphins officials, who potentially had pertinent knowledge of the situation."

Ireland's done.. no question about it. The fact that he was made aware and did nothing is enough of a smoking gun.. but the response in what his suggested resolution was, that's the final nail in the coffin. Philbin is on borrowed time too imo. He had to have known this was taking place, and if he tries to throw other coaches under the bus in an attempt to save his own neck, it's going to look even worse. Coaches talk to eachother constantly. If one coach knew, they all knew. Moreover, if you're a Dolphins fan.. why would you even want him to come back for a 3rd year? The guys done nothing.
His departure may be addition by subtraction.

I think it's the former.  I think he's waiting to see how the season goes.  If the team makes the playoffs, even if Martin's story holds up more than I think it will, Ireland will stay.  If they don't though, Ireland's definitely gone, but probably would have been without the scandal.

I think Ross is otherwise in CYA mode re the Martin allegations.  Again, Ireland was "made aware" basically after the fact.  If Ross wants to be fair to all sides, it shouldn't play into whether Ireland stays or goes. 

Also, FWIW, Icognito went on the air and gave an interview.  Martin is giving a prepared video statement, even though, if he did a sitdown interview, he'd likely face the most softball questions imaginable. Something really stinks here.

Posted Image

#331 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,309 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Martin was awful on the field, and got benched. Incognito was always overrated in my mind, but he's a better football player. The rest of the team is supporting Incognito, and Martin's story seems to get flimsier by the day.

The team is supporting Incognito because they fear him.

I think the Fins are cleaning house regardless of how they finish
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#332 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

The team is supporting Incognito because they fear him.

I think the Fins are cleaning house regardless of how they finish

No one else on the team fears him.  And even if they did, it's clear to everyone that he isn't coming back, so there are no reprisals to face.  

If the team makes the playoffs, maybe Ireland still goes.  He's expendable.  No way Philbin would.   

Posted Image

#333 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,309 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Based on the interviews I have seen, I have no doubt that Incognito intimidated his teammates in Miami.

It was interesting to hear the former GM of the Rams comment on the Incognito interview and his insincerity. Didn't realize the Rams got rid of him too because of his conduct.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#334 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,523 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

If I was a player and Martin sued the NFL over this I could never embrace him as a teammate.....or frankly a man....this is NOT how a grown adult handles this kinda stuff....especially one of this guy's size....

plus the garbage this guy is gonna hear in the trenches now....he gonna sue the defensive players on the other team too???

(and yes Incognito is a lunatic.....always has been)

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#335 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,309 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

I don't think Martin is coming back to the NFL. If he does it will be an under the radar type of transaction. Would not be surprised if he goes to Indy. But I don't see him starting.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#336 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Wow, I thought they would show something.

This has all the looks of an absolute implosion. The defense is not even trying.

I think Ireland might get fired tonight,

Posted Image

#337 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,523 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

I don't think Martin is coming back to the NFL. If he does it will be an under the radar type of transaction. Would not be surprised if he goes to Indy. But I don't see him starting.

Impossible...at this point the second he signs anywhere, the media swarms it......

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#338 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,309 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

If it happens it will be on off season under the radar move. The American public has a short attention span. Martin will be forgotten, Incognito will be a different story. He is the poster child for this mess.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#339 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

The whole thing needs to be torn apart. Tannehill needs to be benched, and released, but he won't considering his daddy is the offensive coordinator. The entire coaching staff ought to be embarassed. Edit.. That botched pass to Wallace tells you all you need to know about Tannehill. I fail to see how anyone could defend this joke of a QB at this point. He's Josh Freeman bad, and probably worse. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel, 11 November 2013 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image

#340 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Losing to an 0-8 team. This loss falls squarely on Tannehill, yet again. Misses a wide open Wallace. Can't score a touchdown when given the ball on the 11 yard line.

The sad thing is, we're stuck with this joke for at least another year.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users