703 replies to this topic

#341 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

It's hardly just Tannehill...your running game had 13 carries for 0 yards.  Your D allowed 150 yards rushing to a bunch of third-string backs.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#342 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

It's hardly just Tannehill...your running game had 13 carries for 0 yards. Your D allowed 150 yards rushing to a bunch of third-string backs.

The D gave up 20 points and got zinged by an awful pass interference call.

Tannehill was given several gifts against the worst team in football and couldn't top that.

It's a QB league as they say, and ours can't win squat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#343 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Maybe having a better line in front of him would help

#344 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Maybe having a better line in front of him would help

Up until that last series, his protection was more or less fine. Or it was good enough for him to win the game. A good QB does that. We don't have one.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#345 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

In fairness to Tanny, his O-line was/still is terrible. No QB can perform with this problem. There is no running game and his receivers suck. Wallace is a One trick pony.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#346 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

In fairness to Tanny, his O-line was/still is terrible. No QB can perform with this problem. There is no running game and his receivers suck. Wallace is a One trick pony.

The O-line was good enough tonight, and it was good enough against Buffalo. It was also probably good enough against NE, but I couldn't watch that game.

The running game is no good because defenses don't fear the passing game.

And Tannehill would make a receiving corps that consists of Megatron, Jerry Rice and Randy Moss look like crap.

Posted Image

#347 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

Did we watch the same game tonight Daniel? RT threw nearly 30 completions, for 220+.. and 2 TD passes. His only interception came on a hail-mary, otherwise no other picks, fumbles or turnovers whatsoever.

I'll give you the fact that his numbers weren't star-studded, but again.. THE GUY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSIVE LINE! They ran for 2 yards the entire game! Who\Where did Tannehill get help from tonight??

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#348 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

The Dolphins are headed for a full rebuild. The GM and HC will be gone (and the Cowher to Miami rumors will ratchet up)

Tannehill may be part of it, he may not be. I think it's 50/50 at this point.

They need new backs, a tight end, and a full offensive line retooling top to bottom.

The defensive line is pretty darn good but you wonder how long they sustain since guys like Starks, Solail, and Wake have some age on them. Wake will be 32 in January.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#349 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Did we watch the same game tonight Daniel? RT threw nearly 30 completions, for 220+.. and 2 TD passes. His only interception came on a hail-mary, otherwise no other picks, fumbles or turnovers whatsoever.

I'll give you the fact that his numbers weren't star-studded, but again.. THE GUY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSIVE LINE! They ran for 2 yards the entire game! WhoWhere did Tannehill get help from tonight??

He missed a wide open Mike Wallace, and couldn't put it in the end zone when given the ball on Tampa's 11. He could have easily thrown a couple of more picks had the Bucs not dropped the ball.

Bottom line is that he was given every opportunity to win a game against the worst team in football. He couldn't do it. And if you can't do that, what are you doing here.

With some people though, Tannehill can't get blamed for anything. They just have to believe that he's a franchise QB. And I get it. Despite my rantings, I actually feel a little optimism at the beginnigng of each game that he's finally going to show us something, and prove the a Skip Bayless's of the world wrong. Even when he manages to win a game, it's done in a style that's about as impressive as Gus Frerotte.

Yet another wasted Miami season. Hopefully they can at least play spoiler to the Jets when I go to the game at MetLife. And if Matt Moore's the QB, they just might manage to do that.

Posted Image

#350 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

The Dolphins are headed for a full rebuild. The GM and HC will be gone (and the Cowher to Miami rumors will ratchet up)

Tannehill may be part of it, he may not be. I think it's 50/50 at this point.

They need new backs, a tight end, and a full offensive line retooling top to bottom.

The defensive line is pretty darn good but you wonder how long they sustain since guys like Starks, Solail, and Wake have some age on them. Wake will be 32 in January.

I doubt Cowher or any established coach takes the job. We'll probably end up with Wade Phillips.

Posted Image

#351 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

When you give up the most sacks in the league you need to retune that o line. No qb can handle it. Wallace is only GOOD when he's open otherwise he's worthless

#352 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

I'll give you the fact that his numbers weren't star-studded, but again.. THE GUY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSIVE LINE! They ran for 2 yards the entire game! Who\Where did Tannehill get help from tonight??

The yards-per-attempt were low (only 5.45). 

But yeah, Tannehill didn't get much help at all. 

All things considered Daniel, Tannehill IS showing improvement in his second year.  His numbers are going to better this season than last.  Granted, it's almost Sanchez-like, in that his second-year numbers were just about guaranteed to be better over his first, but he's probably going to finish with about 3800-3900 passing yards and 23 TD passes.  Not great in today's bloated QB stats NFL, but steps in the right direction.

Yeah, next season, you'd like to see significant progress (and he's not young for a second-year guy...already 25 years old), but for a guy with 25 NFL games under his belt, on a team that clearly has holes and now has this whole other mess to deal with, he's not really doing THAT bad.  Could be a lot worse. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#353 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Fire everyone. Everyone. EVERYONE. FIRE THEM ALL. That's all I have to say after this dumpster fire. Clean fvcking house.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#354 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

I have a friend who is positive the Dolphins tipped every single play with the QB's cadence. As simple as "Go" being a run and "Go Go" being a pass.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#355 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

I have a friend who is positive the Dolphins tipped every single play with the QB's cadence. As simple as "Go" being a run and "Go Go" being a pass.

If that's true, that falls on the coaching staff...they have to be aware of such things.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#356 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

This coaching staff is a fvcking joke. Get the all the fvck away from my franchise. Go ruin some other team you fvckbags. And Jeff Ireland- if I see you crossing the street, I'm putting that sh!t to the floor motherfvcker. My God what a disaster this franchise is. Makes me wanna puke.

#357 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

I've read about that too.  How much it matters from a nuts and bolts standpoint I can't tell you.  I mean, it seems so obvious that a coaching staff that managed to make it to the NFL would do something about it, if it effected the outcome.

Posted Image

#358 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

This coaching staff is a fvcking joke. Get the all the fvck away from my franchise. Go ruin some other team you fvckbags. And Jeff Ireland- if I see you crossing the street, I'm putting that sh!t to the floor motherfvcker. My God what a disaster this franchise is. Makes me wanna puke.

The biggest mistake by far was getting rid of Brandon Marshall.  I couldn't tell you whether that was more of a Philbin or Ireland move, as I've heard both. 

If your passing game is going to be built around short to medium yard attempts, I don't see what Wallace adds to the equation. 

Posted Image

#359 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

It's kind of comical that the best Dolphins have looked the past 10 years is the 6-3 record in 2011 with Matt Moore leading the team. Very easily could finished 8-1. Sparano was not fired after the 0-7 start, but really got this team going in the last 9 games. I thought they were building something, but they went in a different direction with coach and QB.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#360 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

It's kind of comical that the best Dolphins have looked the past 10 years is the 6-3 record in 2011 with Matt Moore leading the team. Very easily could finished 8-1. Sparano was not fired after the 0-7 start, but really got this team going in the last 9 games. I thought they were building something, but they went in a different direction with coach and QB.

Actually the best they've looked in the last 10 years was 2008 with Pennington when we won the division. Nothing that happened in 2011 after 0-7 means jack sh!t. All that did was cost us Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users