#441 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

That was fantastic. GREAT win boys!!

Started off horrible, but turned out to be a pretty productive day on both sides of the ball. Alive with a HUGE game @ Pittsburgh next week.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#442 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Big win for the Dolphins indeed.  Next three weeks are toughies:  @Pitt, vs NE, @Buff. 

If you can win two out of three of those, you'll be in great shape (depening.  I think the Jets are now going to lose out the rest of the year...the QB situation has killed them. 

All depends on Baltimore...they look like they could run the table.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#443 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Big win for the Dolphins indeed. Next three weeks are toughies: @Pitt, vs NE, @Buff.

If you can win two out of three of those, you'll be in great shape (depening. I think the Jets are now going to lose out the rest of the year...the QB situation has killed them.

All depends on Baltimore...they look like they could run the table.

I hope Baltimore wins that division- we have the tie-breaker over Cincinnati, but not the Ravens.

#444 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

Not sure if we can win the division. But never count out the Bungles to snatch defeat out of the hands of victory.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#445 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Just got home. That would have been an awful bus ride if we lost. Did you hear us on TV?

Nice game by Tannehill.

I'm about to pass out, so all for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#446 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Nice game by Tannehill.

Who the hell are you and what did you do with Daniel?

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#447 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

Just got home. That would have been an awful bus ride if we lost. Did you hear us on TV?

Nice game by Tannehill.

The second to last line there- did I read that correctly?

#448 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Oh and Daniel- yes I heard you guys on TV, great job by the Fins fans making noise and representing today. Turned out to be a great afternoon.

#449 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Nice game by Tannehill.

Something about this tells me you must have been really really drunk

#450 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

Something about this tells me you must have been really really drunk

Nope, not really, although you wouldn't have wanted me to be driving. Just got virtually no sleep the night before. Was running on adrenaline, caffeine and beer the entire game, but then just zonked out when we got to the bus home, which took about and hour and half to get back into Manhattan.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#451 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

That was fantastic. GREAT win boys!!

Started off horrible, but turned out to be a pretty productive day on both sides of the ball. Alive with a HUGE game @ Pittsburgh next week.

This, a ton of times this.

For all the sh!t that's gone down this year, for us to be in the wild card hunt near the end says a lot to the team's fortitude.  Hopefully we can keep it rolling and rattle off some wins.  I feel a Lamar Miller Breakout game coming soon.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#452 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

The second to last line there- did I read that correctly?

My thoughts with Tannehill remind me of this exchange from Animal House:

Otter: He can't do that to our pledges.

Boon: Only we can do that to our pledges.

So I'm listening to Francessa, responding to a caller's point that Tannehill is similar statistically to Luck, that Tannehill is only an average QB.  Even though Francessa is more generous with Tannehill than I am here, I still find myself getting infuriated. 

I guess it's the same as CR never passing up on an opportunity to bash Belichik, but attacking a non-Patriots fan for saying he cheated in the Super Bowl against the Rams (or at least I'm pretty sure CR would do that). 

Or maybe I just need an army of shrinks to tell me exactly what's going on. 

Posted Image

#453 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

So I'm listening to Francessa, responding to a caller's point that Tannehill is similar statistically to Luck, that Tannehill is only an average QB.  Even though Francessa is more generous with Tannehill than I am here, I still find myself getting infuriated. 

I guess it's the same as CR never passing up on an opportunity to bash Belichik, but attacking a non-Patriots fan for saying he cheated in the Super Bowl against the Rams (or at least I'm pretty sure CR would do that). 

Spygate is what it is.  I don't get caught up in it.  Some people don't think it's a big deal, some people do, some people have let it go, some people haven't, some people have said other teams were doing similar things, some say that doesn't make it right. 

As much as I get on him, do I appreciate what he's done for the Patriots (who had some good runs in the past, but never anything sustained)?  Of course.  Do I wonder what would've happened if Bledsoe had never gotten hurt?  (Belichick's head-coaching career had been pretty shaky to that point, though the Browns moving clearly screwed up his last year in Cleveland.)  You bet.   

#30 FOREVER!

#454 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

So I'm listening to Francessa, responding to a caller's point that Tannehill is similar statistically to Luck, that Tannehill is only an average QB. Even though Francessa is more generous with Tannehill than I am here, I still find myself getting infuriated.

Haha I hear ya. Its like you picking on your little sister or brother, but if someone else picks on them, you unleash hell lol. I heard that caller call in to Francesa to defend Tannehill, and I was annoyed at Francesa's flippant attitude towards Tannehill myself. Francesa says 'oh the Jets let Tannehill come in and throw for 300 and he's not even that good'. Really Mike? That's his fourth 300-yard game this year, so I'd say he's doing something right. Its obvious he needs to work on that deep ball, but if he ever gets that down, watch out. The bottom line is Tannehill has progressed to this point from where he was last year, and even from where he was a month ago (notice less fumbles, taking less sacks, and heightened awareness of when to escape and use his legs recently). All this kid needs to do is work on the deep ball accuracy, and his accuracy on some of the touch throws (the one to Clay on the 4th and 1 in the end zone HAS to be hit every time) and we could have something special. But he needs to work on that stuff EVERY DAY this offseason so he can be ready to take the next step in year 3.

#455 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

I think the Fins need to bolster that O-line so your running game can keep Tanny out of third and long every set of downs
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#456 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Maddog, anywhere fun to go to watch Phins games reasonably close to Short HIlls, since I'll be at my parents' house on Sunday?  I guess there's Miami Mike's in East Hanover, but I was there a while ago and remember not loving it.

Posted Image

#457 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Maddog, anywhere fun to go to watch Phins games reasonably close to Short HIlls, since I'll be at my parents' house on Sunday? I guess there's Miami Mike's in East Hanover, but I was there a while ago and remember not loving it.

I don't know of anywhere off the top of my head in the Short Hills area- I have Directv so I haven't been to a bar to watch a Fins game since 2004 lol. Miami Mike's is probably your best bet, unless anyone else has a suggestion or two.

#458 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

It's not Fin-specific, but Sun Tavern in Roselle Park is a solid football spot.  That's the usual for Crasher and myself. 

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#459 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

It's not Fin-specific, but Sun Tavern in Roselle Park is a solid football spot.  That's the usual for Crasher and myself. 

Thanks.  A little too far to go this time around, but maybe another time.

Posted Image

#460 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,533 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

Truth...we'll watch anything that's not Giant or Jet related :P

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users