703 replies to this topic

#461 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

God I hate sports so much. It could have been worse, and of course, I would have blamed Tannehill, lol. Maybe I should take up knitting. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel, 08 December 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#462 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Absolutely GINORMOUS HUMONGOUS BIG win!!! Although until I saw Brown had stepped out of bounds, I nearly just keeled over and died. I mean if they actually lost on that my brain would've exploded lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#463 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

How come NO ONE has mentioned the last pitch that Ben threw went FORWARD.....I was livid and screaming at that when it happened!! Least the football Gods stepped in and he was out of bounds (maybe a lil karma for Tomlin's garbage last week too :P )

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#464 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

Absolutely GINORMOUS HUMONGOUS BIG win!!! Although until I saw Brown had stepped out of bounds, I nearly just keeled over and died. I mean if they actually lost on that my brain would've exploded lol.

At Slatterys I was lying on the floor before they said he went out of bounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#465 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

How come NO ONE has mentioned the last pitch that Ben threw went FORWARD.....I was livid and screaming at that when it happened!! Least the football Gods stepped in and he was out of bounds (maybe a lil karma for Tomlin's garbage last week too :P )

I'm guessing if Brown hadn't stepped out, they would've reviewed that (they review all scoring plays anyway) and they would've seen the forward lateral by Roethlisberger, but I know I missed it live because I was too busy yelling at anyone in a whit jersey to tackle the guy with the ball. Then when Brown got loose, well, I lost all color in my face and almost puked lol.

#466 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Was it a no doubt about it forward pass? I honestly don't even want to watch a replay.

Posted Image

#467 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

it looked very very close, but by the way they were calling the game it wouldnt of went our way. Im just so happy he stepped out 

Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#468 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Was it a no doubt about it forward pass? I honestly don't even want to watch a replay.

I just watched a replay and it was a pretty clear forward lateral.

#469 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

I just watched a replay and it was a pretty clear forward lateral.

I just watched it. I think the play would have stood.

Posted Image

#470 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

According to Mando, Ross told Ireland his job is safe, and also Incognito made his first tweet since he was suspended (tweeted #finsup).

Interesting that this comes on the heels of Wells meeting with Incognito and Martin for the second time each, and after a game was an inch of close to an meltdown of epic proportions. Add to that the season is far from over and could still be a disaster, when Ross would have full cover to clean house.

I'm guessing that Ross sniffs that Martin's story is horsesh!t, and may very well have been told that Wells feels the same. That, and I think the past couple of weeks has convinced Ross he has a franchise QB, which, if you believe that, you have to credit Ireland for drafting him.

Of course, Mando has been wrong before, but this is one you look really stupid being wrong about. We'll see.

Posted Image

#471 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

According to Mando, Ross told Ireland his job is safe, and also Incognito made his first tweet since he was suspended (tweeted #finsup).

Interesting that this comes on the heels of Wells meeting with Incognito and Martin for the second time each, and after a game was an inch of close to an meltdown of epic proportions. Add to that the season is far from over and could still be a disaster, when Ross would have full cover to clean house.

I'm guessing that Ross sniffs that Martin's story is horsesh!t, and may very well have been told that Wells feels the same. That, and I think the past couple of weeks has convinced Ross he has a franchise QB, which, if you believe that, you have to credit Ireland for drafting him.

Of course, Mando has been wrong before, but this is one you look really stupid being wrong about. We'll see.

Yeah I don't see what's to gain by assuring Ireland his job is safe with 3 games still to go and help needed. Even if Ross intends to bring Ireland back regardless of what happens in those 3 games, there's nothing whatsoever to gain at all by telling that to anyone.

#472 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

I just watched it. I think the play would have stood.

Knowing they type of breaks we get with officiating, (I still remember that disaster against Pittsburgh in 2010 where we strip-sacked Roethlisberger and recovered the fumble for a TD, only to have it ruled not a fumble upon video review... Cost us big-time that year, fvcking Gene Steratore) it wouldn't have shocked me if it did- which is why I'm so grateful Brown stepped out of bounds. But it was pretty plain to see, to me anyway, that Ben threw that ball forward.

#473 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Dungy thinks you guys are going to take the wildcard spot from us. Should be interesting. I was cheering for Pitt on that final play.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#474 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Dungy thinks you guys are going to take the wildcard spot from us. Should be interesting. I was cheering for Pitt on that final play.

Our schedule is certainly easier the remainder of the season, especially since Gronk went down with that injury.

Of course, the Dolphins just can't help themselves but to choke marvelously.

Posted Image

#475 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,754 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

Pats-Dolphins will probably come down to the 4th quarter, at which point, really depends what Brady & Co are able to do...all but 2 of the Pats' games this year were decided by 10 points or less, and I would expect the same this week.  The defense, which is back to getting sliced and diced by Jason Campbell-types, can't be counted on to hold the game when needed, so the guess here is that the Pats will have to put 30+ on the board to have a chance.  Dolphins scored over 30 points for the first time in the 2013 season yesterday, but I'm expecting them to do it again. 

If the Dolphins win, call me crazy, but I think they have a legit shot at the division title...Pats are going to lose in Baltimore, and though I think the Pats SHOULD beat Buffalo at home, if they lose two in a row, I can't rule out a loss there.  It will be tough, bit it COULD happen.  Pats really need to find a way to get this done...at they very least, it should wrap up the #3 seed, and keep them in the hunt for the #2 (Bengals sched is a bitch...at Pitt and Balt at home in two of their remaining three...Balt has to show it can actually win a big road game this year though (1-5 so far), instead of being a home-field wonder). 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#476 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

I always worry about the refs when we play New England. You always seemingly have to beat two teams whenever you play them. If its close in the 4th, I fully expect some bullsh!t call to go against us.

#477 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,754 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

I always worry about the refs when we play New England. You always seemingly have to beat two teams whenever you play them. If its close in the 4th, I fully expect some bullsh!t call to go against us.

I've seen BS calls go against NE too.  It's a league-wide problem, everywhere...no consistency and too many judgment calls.  Non-call against Carolina to end the game (should've been a hold) was a joke, but so was the PI call against the Browns yesterday.  Refs simply get in the way of too many games, and like Boomer said on the WFAN this morning, it seems like there's controversial calls every single week now in the NFL, to the point where some (a very small number, but some) even think games are fixed, either from a covering the spread or flat out win-loss standpoint.  I don't know what the solution is. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#478 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

I've seen BS calls go against NE too. It's a league-wide problem, everywhere...no consistency and too many judgment calls. Non-call against Carolina to end the game (should've been a hold) was a joke, but so was the PI call against the Browns yesterday. Refs simply get in the way of too many games, and like Boomer said on the WFAN this morning, it seems like there's controversial calls every single week now in the NFL, to the point where some (a very small number, but some) even think games are fixed, either from a covering the spread or flat out win-loss standpoint. I don't know what the solution is.

It really has gotten ridiculous. I don't know what the solution is either, other than making NFL official a full-time, year-round job- which isn't really feasible. And the league has been lacking a clear definition on PI for years. All the PI calls are judgement calls, and the worst blown PI calls always seem to come in the last couple minutes of games.

#479 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

It really has gotten ridiculous. I don't know what the solution is either, other than making NFL official a full-time, year-round job- which isn't really feasible. And the league has been lacking a clear definition on PI for years. All the PI calls are judgement calls, and the worst blown PI calls always seem to come in the last couple minutes of games.

PI either needs to be challengeable or it should only be a 10 or 15 yard penalty regardless where it happens. That's the rule in college and receivers aren't getting tackled on deep routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#480 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

PI either needs to be challengeable or it should only be a 10 or 15 yard penalty regardless where it happens. That's the rule in college and receivers aren't getting tackled on deep routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically they do have "minor" calls on PI....it's defensive holding or illegal contact.....it just NEVER gets called as such on those long pass plays which is absurd....

they need a "running into the QB" penalty a LOT more....getting 15 yards and an auto first down for getting blocked into the QB is a much bigger joke....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users