703 replies to this topic

#481 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hey Daniel- care to give me your assessment on our franchise QB? I'm curious to hear your analysis today. :P Holy sh!t- What. A. Game. And What. A. Win. I'm not even gonna have to drive to work tomorrow, I'll just float. Now CMON DETROIT!!!!

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#482 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hey Daniel- care to give me your assessment on our franchise QB? I'm curious to hear your analysis today. :P Holy sh!t- What. A. Game. And What. A. Win. I'm not even gonna have to drive to work tomorrow, I'll just float. Now CMON DETROIT!!!!

We'd be undefeated with Henne, lol.

Don't tempt fate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#483 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

http://www.finheaven...79&d=1387147183

#484 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

We'd be undefeated with Henne, lol.

Don't tempt fate.

Two big games to go, but Tannehill became a man today. Outplayed Brady, brought the team back from 10 down, and took the team down for the winning drive late in the 4th quarter. Absolutely a tremendous performance by Ryan Tannehill.

#485 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

Two big games to go, but Tannehill became a man today. Outplayed Brady, brought the team back from 10 down, and took the team down for the winning drive late in the 4th quarter. Absolutely a tremendous performance by Ryan Tannehill.

He has to stomp on Buffalo next week.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#486 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

He has to stomp on Buffalo next week.

Yes he does. They need to go up there next week and not fvck around- take care of business.

#487 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hell fvckin yea !! Another fun game to watch with Dan lol.

And I love Charles clay
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#488 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hell fvckin yea !! Another fun game to watch with Dan lol.

And I love Charles clay

The call on 4th and 5 and the move Clay put on the defender to make him miss were balls to the wall. Biggest play of the game right there.

#489 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

You guys are starting to scare me.

I think we can knock out the Lions pretty easy, but playing Brady after a loss without #52, #20 and #81 makes me worried.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#490 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

Congrats to the Dolphins fans here. Awesome win. Great red zone defense. Well deserved W.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#491 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,531 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

You guys are starting to scare me.

I think we can knock out the Lions pretty easy, but playing Brady after a loss without #52, #20 and #81 makes me worried.

I think you have it reversed.....your dopey safety poking the bear in Calvin Johnson is just asking for it.....New England is VERY beatable now.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#492 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,045 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

I think you have it reversed.....your dopey safety poking the bear in Calvin Johnson is just asking for it.....New England is VERY beatable now.....

I so forgot about this :rofl:  Now I want to watch Calvin destroy the Ravens tomorrow.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 December 2013 - 11:15 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#493 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

Congrats guys...well-earned win, you guys deserved it.  Typical display by the Genius and Matt Puppetricia's D...had a chance to go into the half up 10-0, and of course they don't make a stop, and they had a chance to possibly close out the game on a 4th-and-5, and of course they don't get it done there either.  It's always on Brady and the offense. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#494 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'd also like to thank Pittsburgh, because thanks to them beating Cincinnati last night, the Fins now control their own destiny for the playoffs. Outstanding.

#495 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'd also like to thank Pittsburgh, because thanks to them beating Cincinnati last night, the Fins now control their own destiny for the playoffs. Outstanding.

...don't we still need Detroit's help?

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#496 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

...don't we still need Detroit's help?

Not any more because Cincy and Baltimore play each other again.  So one of them has to lose (or I suppose there can be a tie).  If Baltimore wins that game and its other game, they and Cincy would be 10-6, and Baltimore has that tiebreaker.  Miami would be 10-6 and has the tiebreaker over Cincy. 

Posted Image

#497 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

*goes to ESPN Playoff Machine*

Yep, you're right.

Speaking of fun wastes of work time, check out this playoff scenario I messed around with.  It's extremely unlikely, but basically if NE, Miami, Baltimore, Cincinatti, and Indianapolis all finish 10-6, Miami gets the 2 seed.  This requires a butt-ton of things to fall into place, the least likely of which is Buffalo beating New England in Week 17.  At this point, I'm just happy to be talking about the playoffs with two weeks left in the season, win and in baby.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#498 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

Congrats guys...well-earned win, you guys deserved it.  Typical display by the Genius and Matt Puppetricia's D...had a chance to go into the half up 10-0, and of course they don't make a stop, and they had a chance to possibly close out the game on a 4th-and-5, and of course they don't get it done there either.  It's always on Brady and the offense. 

Come on man. What a joke..the Pats couldn't shutout a team for an entire half on the road..big deal. They gave up a 4th and 5, but that play just looked like some miss tackles. Not going to hate on coaching for that.

I know is tough to count on Brady each week for the miracle drive, and it really seems like that has been the case, but there were the 3 stops in 4 minutes against the Saints, the shutting down of Manning at the end of the 4th and OT (when the Pats offense stopped scoring). There were the 2 consecutive stops against the Texans late in the game to take and preserve the lead. There was a very solid game against the pretty good Bengals team. And the excellent 4-and-out against a very dangerous Falcons offense in the dome to win that one.

Not all bad.

Edited by devilsrule33, 16 December 2013 - 11:43 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#499 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

They damned near blew the game against the Saints, made Brady's job a hell of a lot harder in the Browns game...no, not ALL bad, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.  That bunch has been failing in big spots for YEARS now.  Brady and Co. aren't infalliable, don't want to make sound like they never make mistakes either, but he's picked them up a hell of a lot more than they've picked him up.  I know injuries have definitely affected them, and maybe I'm too hard on them sometimes...but this happens to them a lot.  It would be nice if Brady could give his team a lead with a few minutes left in the 4th and have the D take it home. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#500 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

They damned near blew the game against the Saints, made Brady's job a hell of a lot harder in the Browns game...no, not ALL bad, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.  That bunch has been failing in big spots for YEARS now.  Brady and Co. aren't infalliable, don't want to make sound like they never make mistakes either, but he's picked them up a hell of a lot more than they've picked him up.  I know injuries have definitely affected them, and maybe I'm too hard on them sometimes...but this happens to them a lot.  It would be nice if Brady could give his team a lead with a few minutes left in the 4th and have the D take it home. 

I couldn't go too nuts on BB regarding defensive play if I were a Pats' fan.  Most teams that lose two impact players like Wilfork and Mayo would probably fair a lot worse. 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users