703 replies to this topic

#521 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

We play the Bungles on Sunday, but with Flacco hurt, we don't have much of a chance.

Cincy doesn't really have anything to play for.

And Rex might be playing for his job.  And the Jets pass rush is just as good as Buffalo's and Geno is starting to look competent. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#522 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,743 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

And Rex might be playing for his job.  And the Jets pass rush is just as good as Buffalo's and Geno is starting to look competent. 

Not true, re:  Cincy...they have a shot at the #2 seed and a week off. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#523 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

And Rex might be playing for his job. And the Jets pass rush is just as good as Buffalo's and Geno is starting to look competent.

Cincy is playing for the 2 seed and a first-round bye. And the NE-Buffalo game was moved to 4 so they have to play their starters the whole game.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#524 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

Cincy is playing for the 2 seed and a first-round bye. And the NE-Buffalo game was moved to 4 so they have to play their starters the whole game.

Yeah, I stand correct on the Cincy issue.  Whatever happens, I'm hoping for someone other than New England to have that 3 seed.  If the Phins somehow manage to get in, the Patriots will probably destroy the Phins in a first round match-up. 

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#525 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, I stand correct on the Cincy issue. Whatever happens, I'm hoping for someone other than New England to have that 3 seed. If the Phins somehow manage to get in, the Patriots will probably destroy the Phins in a first round match-up.

New England isn't losing to Buffalo at home, no chance of that happening. But Cincy doesn't know that for sure, so they'll play to win, which is good for us. But everyone knows the Pats aren't losing to Buffalo. Yesterday was Buffalo's Super Bowl, they won't even show up for this game.

#526 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Geno is starting to look competent. 

Geno looked awesome yesterday……… in 67° weather. :P  If there’s one thing analysts have noticed in Smith’s game, it’s that he doesn’t perform well in windy\cold elements. This is the #1 reason I believe the Dolphins are going to see a much different game out of Geno on Sunday, than the first time we played eachother. The second biggest reason I believe the outcome will be different is HOW the Jets are using Smith. He’s rushed for 142 yrds over the last 3 games.. and as a result, has 6 TD’s to show for it. Throughout the entire year, the Jets were trying to mold Geno into a pocket passer. --the same as what they tried with Sanchez. (remember Joe Girardi even being brought in, dissuading Sanchez from running with the ball) Yet, something happened after the first Miami game with the Jets, and MM and the coordinators decided to utilize Geno’s legs almost as much as his arm. The results have been fantastic over the past 3 weeks, as the Jets are now suddenly averaging 27 points per game. I wish they would’ve went to this train-of-thought sooner. If Geno’s game is going to be running for 50 yrds a week, that’s an 800 yrd season with just his legs. Under those perimeters (and some more talented players being brought in) maybe, just maybe, the Jets can win with Geno Smith.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#527 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

I fully expect the Jets to go balls to the wall to knock us out. We better be ready. No excuses.

#528 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Last game for candlestick tonight..

#529 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Should be a good night for the Niners
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#530 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Boldin eclipses 1,000 yards tonight

Should be a good night for the Niners

#531 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

Boldin eclipses 1,000 yards tonight

You are making me weep. I will be wearing my new SF Boldin jersey through the playoff when he gets another ring this year.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#532 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

And this is likely:)

You are making me weep. I will be wearing my new SF Boldin jersey through the playoff when he gets another ring this year.

#533 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

I fully expect the Jets to go balls to the wall to knock us out. We better be ready. No excuses.

And while his job is safe at least for next year, it will tell you a lot about Philbin if the Phins lay another egg in a must win game against a non-playoff team. 

Posted Image

#534 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Agree.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#535 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

How is this an issue with an NFL team. I mentioned this months ago after a good friend was telling me he charted every play.

Ryan Tannehill was sacked seven times Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. Aside from facing the NFL's leading sack unit, left tackle Bryant McKinnie thinks he knows why the Bills were able to get great pressure.

"They got in a rhythm with our cadence," he said, per the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

McKinnie, who was brought in midway through the season, didn't previously mention the trouble to coaches because he didn't believe another team had caught on.

"I always used to wonder like, 'Dang, I wonder why nobody's actually ever keyed in,'" he said. "If you watch film, I could probably [figure] it out a little bit after a while.

"But the change I suggested would definitely work. It'll keep them honest now. I think they were taking a little risk here and there and it just so happened it was being accurate."

This isn't the first time the Dolphins' snap count has been in question in the past two seasons. The Houston TexansJ.J. Watt last year discussed picking up the Dolphins' snap count from watching HBO's "Hard Knocks." Earlier this season, left guard Nate Garner said he thought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers knew the calls. And many Dolphins fans claim they can guess the snap as well.

http://www.nfl.com/n...nehills-cadence

Edited by devilsrule33, 25 December 2013 - 11:34 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#536 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

How is this an issue with an NFL team. I mentioned this months ago after a good friend was telling me he charted every play.

http://www.nfl.com/n...nehills-cadence

Yeah, I don't get it either. Couldn't tell you whether it's too late to change it at this point. Who knows, McKinney just saying they should change the snap count might be enough to keep other teams honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#537 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Pound the FISH right out of the playoffs.

Snuff their hopes.

Come on JETS

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#538 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm only following online since I can't watch the game. But it looks like another crap effort.

fvck Tanehill. Just admit it fanboys, he blows.

fvck Philbin. Maybe make the team just a tad less predictable.

fvck Ireland and fvck Ross.

Posted Image

#539 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,707 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Oh boy, if Daniel ever saw that feet-first slide from Tannehill his TV wouldn't have survived it.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#540 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Oh boy, if Daniel ever saw that feet-first slide from Tannehill his TV wouldn't have survived it.

I saw a tweet from one of the Phins beat writers about it, but it sounds even worse.

It sure looks like another one of Tannehill's problems is that he absolutely does not care.

One more year of this clown.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users