703 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

I think Allan is a REACH at 12. Gives me Ginn flashbacks all over again...and Patterson won't be there (although if he somehow is then that would be unreal). I've been hearing Gibson's name popping up too...but it looks like there are a lot more teams interested in him. I'm honestly more worried about our D than our O if we land Wallance. Our secondary needs a lot of help.

I've come to the conclusion that except when you're talking about the elite corners, cornerbacks are interchangeable in the way that relievers in baseball are.  Probably 90 percent of the NFL needs an upgrade in the secondary.  Sometimes corners get hot or lucky in a particular season, but basically, the rules give corners an impossible job.  Unless you're talking about Revis, the marginal return on a corner is pretty low.  I'd rather look for a pass rushing beast in the draft than overpay for someone like Sean Smith. 

For the draft, I'd go with best player available.  While drafting O-linemen seems to be an Ireland fetish, they say Chance Warmack will be a perenial all-pro guard. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Ben Volin
@BenVolinPBP

RT @InsideNFLMedia: On NFL Network, @JeffDarlington: Dolphins have reached an agreement with WR Mike Wallace.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#23 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

NFL.com is also reporting Wallace's agreement.  Final signature is pending physical.

I'm mildly worried that we overpaid for him and his mercurial attitude, especially since we could have thrown that money and a 2nd at Victor Cruz, but he's got the physical goods when healthy.

EDIT: My bet is we're shooting for Dee Milliner from Alabama at #12.  But we ultimately need a tackle, 1-3 corners, and it'd be nice to have a tight end with elite possession stats.  With 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, we can probably address these needs in the draft, but I'd rather see them sign a CB or two.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 12 March 2013 - 03:58 PM.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#24 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Dee Milner won't be around at 12.  We all know that Ireland loves his O-linemen.  Related note, Jake Long is meeting with St. Louis tonight.

Posted Image

#25 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Mike-Wallace.jpg The Newsman cometh. :P. Welcome to Miami Mr. Wallace!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

And we just signed Donnell Ellerbe from the Ravens, which I had no idea would happen!! Holy sh!t is that a great signing by Ireland, that one is really out of left field!! Thanks Flacco lol.

#27 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

And we just signed Donnell Ellerbe from the Ravens, which I had no idea would happen!! Holy sh!t is that a great signing by Ireland, that one is really out of left field!! Thanks Flacco lol.

Also Dansby out. Still gotta get a TE and CB though

#28 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Congrats on stealing Ellerbe. You can have our playoff spot next year. We won't be needing it.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#29 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Darlington had some cryptic tweet that the Dolphins have intriguing plans for the draft. Maybe looking to strike gold on a TE tanden. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image

#30 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Congrats on stealing Ellerbe. You can have our playoff spot next year. We won't be needing it.

We signed Phillip Wheeler from Oakland as well, another very good signing. Ireland revamping the LB's. Didn't expect it really, but I'm liking it a LOT. Especially Ellerbe.

Darlington had some cryptic tweet that the Dolphins have intriguing plans for the draft. Maybe looking to strike gold on a TE tanden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm thinking it could be a trade up for Milliner. We have the ammo.

#31 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'm thinking it could be a trade up for Milliner. We have the ammo.

Don't think so. Would probably have to trade up to 4. Don't think there's enough ammo for that. Also, Ireland's job still ultimately comes down to how well Tannehill performs. So my guess is that they're going to load up on weapons for Tannehill.

Posted Image

#32 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Are you upgrading your running game at??
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#33 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Don't think so. Would probably have to trade up to 4. Don't think there's enough ammo for that. Also, Ireland's job still ultimately comes down to how well Tannehill performs. So my guess is that they're going to load up on weapons for Tannehill.

We're not taking a WR at 12, have to many other needs to fill. So what offensive is left RB, OT, TE? I think we are gonna end up drafting a defensive player, not sure where though

#34 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Are you upgrading your running game at??

. Good question actually. I heard yesterday that we had some interest in Mendenhall, but he seems headed to Denver (good- want nothing to do with him). Maybe they'll take a flier on Ahmad Bradshaw if the price is right? I know Bush isn't coming back, that ship has sailed. And Lamar Miller is going to be expected to be the lead dog regardless. We'll add a vet because Daniel Thomas really can't be relied on and Jonas Grey is still an unknown quantity.

#35 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

Bush is gone? After last year? He did great for you guys.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#36 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

Bush is gone? After last year? He did great for you guys.

He was good, yes. But there were parts of the season where he also disappeared. We have younger, cheaper guys at the position that can be supplemented with a cheaper veteran. Bush is going to get $5 mil a year and he's not really worth that.

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

I don't think his market value is that high. I Detroit he will be a third down back.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

I don't think his market value is that high. I Detroit he will be a third down back.

With that offense and how often they throw it  its 3rd down on first and second down too

I'm intrigued to see where Steven Jackson goes too.....lot of teams could use him......

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#39 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Day 2 . Lets keep it rolling . Fins up!
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#40 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

We'll see. Maybe he winds up taking less because he doesn't wind up having a choice, but Bush's rumored asking price to the Fins was $5 mil per.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users