703 replies to this topic

#641 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

You seem like a smart guy..but are you fvcking serious?!?!? "Their leadership isn't any better or worse than your average team."

Richie is the leader of the offense because Tanny was only a first and second year QB who probably didn't feel comfortable to step in and tell Richie to shut the fvck up.

Daniel, not sure why you want to diminish this. Because it happened on your favourite team? Who gives a crap. Richie is a fvcking idiot. He was a horrible leader. What happened was awful. Everyone part of it should be gone. No need to lessen it.

..oh no no no no!!! Tanny gets no mulligan here from me DR, sorry.

As a player, I like RT alot, and think he's got a bright future. However, he fvcked up big-time when he tried to sell to the media how Richie was salt of the earth. If he kept his mouth shut throughout the entire fiasco back in November LIKE HE WAS INSTRUCTED TO, I could give him a pass. But he had to go open his big-fat yap along with Brian Hartline & Randy Starks and swoon songs about how wonderful a teammate Incognito was, while making Martin look bad. Now he can eat crow along with the rest of them who are digging their heads in the sand. It's funny how all of the outspoken players\former players that came out 3 months ago to vocalize their support for a d-bag like Incognito, are now nowhere to be found. #FootMeetMouth

Edited by Beezer34, 17 February 2014 - 01:48 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#642 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Anyone who defended Incognito comes off looking pretty fvcking stupid right about now. No doubt about it.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#643 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

To say that their leadahip is nothing worse then the average team is crazy. There's clear issues running throughout that tram right now. And I agree about Pete but he is a hell of a good coach.

#644 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

To say that their leadahip is nothing worse then the average team is crazy. There's clear issues running throughout that tram right now. And I agree about Pete but he is a hell of a good coach.

People say that, but they don't get specific other than to talk about incognito, who again, was voted to the leadership counsel by the other players including Martin. In any event, the same schmucks who talk about Dilphins leadership problems, will get down on their knees to talk about how wonderful Ray Lewis is.

As an aside, I just remembered a plot line from Hard Knocks regarding Michael Egnew. For those who don't remember, he's a TE that was drafted in the third round who has seen limited playing time in two years. Basically, it turned out immediately at training camp that he was an awful blocker, among other problems with his game. Sherman rips into him in front of everyone, saying that if he weren't a third round draft pick he would be cut immediately. You could see Egnew getting humiliated to the point of coming close to tears.

Seeing what's happening now, Egnew could have just as easily leveled the same "bullying" accusations, which the press would have picked up on.

And Maddog, I'm not really defending Incognito. As I've said, he's a big dumb animal. But I will say is that the crap he pulled is probably not much worse than you'll see elsewhere. And the only reason that other players and football personnel are going after him, is because he was a dirty player on the field, kind of like Claude Lemieux. No other players will talk about ostracizing Jon Jerry or Mike Pouncey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#645 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

..oh no no no no!!! Tanny gets no mulligan here from me DR, sorry.
As a player, I like RT alot, and think he's got a bright future. However, he fvcked up big-time when he tried to sell to the media how Richie was salt of the earth. If he kept his mouth shut throughout the entire fiasco back in November LIKE HE WAS INSTRUCTED TO, I could give him a pass. But he had to go open his big-fat yap along with Brian Hartline & Randy Starks and swoon songs about how wonderful a teammate Incognito was, while making Martin look bad. Now he can eat crow along with the rest of them who are digging their heads in the sand. It's funny how all of the outspoken playersformer players that came out 3 months ago to vocalize their support for a d-bag like Incognito, are now nowhere to be found. #FootMeetMouth

Somehow I think you'd be singing a different tune if this were the Jets.

In any event, Tannehill gave fairly stock answers about Incognito when he press first caught wind of this. And he said what virtually all of the other players on the team said, that they liked him as a teammate. The rest of the team was asked questions and they stated how they felt. And guess what, virtually every other player in the league agreed with Hartline, et al.

But as I alluded to before, people that wanted a story could get one whatever happened. Tannehill and te rest of the team gives no comments, they're obviously hiding something. They do speak to the press, they're opening their stupid mouths.

Hell Philbin and Ireland clammed up, and the Wells report confirmed that there was no "code red", which was the serious accusation the press tried to run with when the story broke. At the time everyone assumed it must have been true.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#646 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

Bryant McKinney also just threw cold water on the narrative. He ought to be someone who has more credibility than anyone. He got there a few weeks before Martin left the team, doesn't really expect to be back with the Dolphins, in other words someone that didn't have a dog in the fight one way or the other.

Posted Image

#647 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:43 AM

And the league may not be able to even punish Incognito as it is.

#648 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

And the league may not be able to even punish Incognito as it is.

He was already suspended for half the season, but I don't recall how many games were without pay. Considering that Rothkeisberger got the same amount for suspicions of raping someone, i think time served is appropriate.

Posted Image

#649 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

Marino is out at CBS, now cue the rumors that he'll be joining the front office.  If it's basically for PR, then I guess what's the harm.  Otherwise, I think he'd be a disaster. 

Posted Image

#650 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

Marino is out at CBS, now cue the rumors that he'll be joining the front office.  If it's basically for PR, then I guess what's the harm.  Otherwise, I think he'd be a disaster. 

Its yet another job that John Elway can be better than him at :lol:

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#651 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Its yet another job that John Elway can be better than him at :lol:

Not cool

Posted Image

#652 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

He was already suspended for half the season, but I don't recall how many games were without pay. Considering that Rothkeisberger got the same amount for suspicions of raping someone, i think time served is appropriate.

2 games IIRC.  The remainder were paid.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#653 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

That was a team penalty, the league itself can't come down on him really, because of it.

#654 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

@alexmarvez: Surprising to me after Wells Report release: All signs point toward embattled Dolphins o-line coach Jim Turner accompanying team to #Combine Posted Image

#655 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

@alexmarvez: Surprising to me after Wells Report release: All signs point toward embattled Dolphins o-line coach Jim Turner accompanying team to #Combine Posted Image

I'm just annoyed because he did an awful job last year. The player he supposedly harassed has said in no uncertain terms that he had no problem with Turner.

Posted Image

#656 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

I'm just annoyed because he did an awful job last year. The player he supposedly harassed has said in no uncertain terms that he had no problem with Turner.

They hired John Benton, an accomplished o-line coach, to be the assistant o-line coach- a job he's clearly overqualified for. The o-line was a clusterfvck in franchise record proportions last year. Then the Wells report. There is no reason that Jim Turner should be employed by the Miami Dolphins one day longer. The organization will be embarrassing itself even further (which is incredibly hard to do at this point, but this would do it) if they don't sh!tcan this guy-- not to mention the PR nightmare. Just fire him.

#657 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

They hired John Benton, an accomplished o-line coach, to be the assistant o-line coach- a job he's clearly overqualified for. The o-line was a clusterfvck in franchise record proportions last year. Then the Wells report. There is no reason that Jim Turner should be employed by the Miami Dolphins one day longer. The organization will be embarrassing itself even further (which is incredibly hard to do at this point, but this would do it) if they don't sh!tcan this guy-- not to mention the PR nightmare. Just fire him.

Like I said, I think he should be gone based on the performance of the O-line last year.  But if anything the Wells report unfairly insinuated he was complicit in some systematic "bullying", which just isn't the case unless you believe McDonald is lying.

I think it also shows that Philbin's loyalty has gone too far.  He had to go kicking and screaming to agree to have Sherman fired.  Now you have a guy that they can't cut ties with who was responsible for arguably the worst offensive line in the league, and which hampered the performance of your supposed franchise quarterback. 

Posted Image

#658 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Per twitter: Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 37s
RT @AlbertBreer: Dolphins OL coach Jim Turner will not be going to the scouting combine with the Miami staff, per sources.

Posted Image

#659 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

Per twitter: Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 37s
RT @AlbertBreer: Dolphins OL coach Jim Turner will not be going to the scouting combine with the Miami staff, per sources.

Good. Now relieve Mr. Turner of his duties, promote Benton, and let's get this show on the road already.

#660 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I would argue my OL is worse than yours. I have no idea how Castillo still has a job
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users