703 replies to this topic

#681 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Aponte is a reprehensible human being, that much is and has been clear to me. If I worked with her and knew which car she drove, I'd slash her tires.

She could be reprehensible if she were actually good at her job. Can any Jets fans tell us if she did anything of note there?

In the end, we'll see if this drama matters all that much when it comes to the win-loss record. O'Neill is a trainer, and Turner was a very average O-line coach if he even had an effect one way or the other. Even a lunatic like Al Davis could sometimes manage to put very good teams together, even after he started losing his marbles. The Jets also had some very good teams, even if they never made it far enough.

Where it might matter is when it comes to attracting front office, head coaching and maybe free agent talent. With a snake like Aponte whispering in the ear of a weak willed owner, you never know if or when the organization is going to throw you to the wolves, or even who you answer to in the first place. It's probably why the team bad to scrape the bottom of the barrel when it came to getting a new GM.

The Hyde article quotes a source that says that O'Neill was fired based on pressure from the league. Would you want to work for a company like that if you had any other choice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#682 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

She could be reprehensible if she were actually good at her job. Can any Jets fans tell us if she did anything of note there?

In the end, we'll see if this drama matters all that much when it comes to the win-loss record. O'Neill is a trainer, and Turner was a very average O-line coach if he even had an effect one way or the other. Even a lunatic like Al Davis could sometimes manage to put very good teams together, even after he started losing his marbles. The Jets also had some very good teams, even if they never made it far enough.

Where it might matter is when it comes to attracting front office, head coaching and maybe free agent talent. With a snake like Aponte whispering in the ear of a weak willed owner, you never know if or when the organization is going to throw you to the wolves, or even who you answer to in the first place. It's probably why the team bad to scrape the bottom of the barrel when it came to getting a new GM.

The Hyde article quotes a source that says that O'Neill was fired based on pressure from the league. Would you want to work for a company like that if you had any other choice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When Dawn Aponte was with the Jets no Jet fan would be able to pick her out of a lineup. 90% of us to this day have no idea she was employed by the Jets and in what capacity

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#683 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Yeah I literally never heard of that person until I think she was mentioned in that whole Phibin-Ireland palace intrigue article somewhere here a month ago.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 22 February 2014 - 11:32 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#684 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

More context to the narrative (or maybe the narrative is garbage and Ted Wells is a joke):

http://www.bostonglo...j0wI/story.html

One team source said that attorney Ted Wells, whose 144-page report on the situation was released nine days ago, was fairly dismissive of any team employee who showed support toward Incognito in their interviews with Wells. Assistant trainer Naohisa Inoue insisted repeatedly with Wells that he didn’t feel like he was the victim of bullying and racism. The much-publicized incident of Incognito, Mike Pouncey, and others wearing traditional Japanese headbands on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor was overblown, the source insisted — it was Inoue who gave the players those headbands that very morning.

Team officials never knew how much the pranks bothered Martin, as he was a willing participant in many of them, as well.

The tipping point for Martin allegedly was a cafeteria prank in which several players stood up from the table when Martin sat down. He slammed his tray on the ground, left the facility, and checked into a hospital for psychological treatment shortly thereafter.

Sources tell us that Martin not only often participated in that prank himself — he once did it to Philbin.

I'll give credit to some people in the press that are actually interested in getting the whole story.  They're few and far between though. 

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#685 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 1m

MIA has been gauging trade value for '13 1st round pick Dion Jordan, league sources said, after trading up to 3rd overall for him last year

Lovely.

Posted Image

#686 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Incognito checked himself into a mental hospital in Arizona. This after he took a baseball bat to his $300,000 Ferrari. His parents apparently just got divorced as well. Dude has just mentally maxed out. He may be an a$$hole, but I hope he gets the help he needs. And your parents divorcing at any age is a very tough thing to deal with, I've been through it.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#687 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
MIA has been gauging trade value for '13 1st round pick Dion Jordan, league sources said, after trading up to 3rd overall for him last year

Lovely.

Yeah there was some buzz about this a couple months ago too. Apparently Philly loves Jordan and wanted to draft him last year (and of course Chip Kelly was Jordan's college coach at Oregon). So I wouldn't be shocked if something happens there with the Eagles.

#688 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Yeah there was some buzz about this a couple months ago too. Apparently Philly loves Jordan and wanted to draft him last year (and of course Chip Kelly was Jordan's college coach at Oregon). So I wouldn't be shocked if something happens there with the Eagles.

Glad our new GM is right on board with the Jeff Ireland school of buy high, sell low.

Posted Image

#689 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Think the Eagles will swap Lane Johnson for him?  Jordan WAS a higher draft pick after all, right?  :icon23:

On a more serious note, the buzz is that the Fins are working out deals with Grimes and Soliai right now, with the intent to let Starks test free agency.  There's also a report per ProFootballRumors.com that our new GM is publicly backing Pouncey, so it sounds like he's not going anywhere.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#690 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yeah I read earlier Pouncey's club option for 2015 will be exercised. He's going nowhere. In fact, he was informed by the NFLPA he's 'not likely' to be suspended. He still may be, but the PA believes he won't be based on the info they have gathered. Salguero had that in the Miami Herald today. Re: Jordan for Johnson- I think they would do it. I don't know if I would do it from our perspective, but I think Philly would pull the trigger on that deal if offered it straight up.

#691 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Good news.

Miami Dolphins @MiamiDolphins 6m

Official | The Dolphins have re-signed CB Brent Grimes.

Posted Image

#692 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

It's a 4 year deal with no money released yet, but the guess is that the AAV will be around 8 Million.  Edit: Adam Scheff confirms 4/32/16

I'm not thrilled to give out four years unless all the guaranteed money is in the front end of the deal, but for now we have our top DB back in the fold and can address other needs through free agency, as well as deciding on re-signing Starks/Soliai.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 03 March 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that

#693 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hey positive Dolphins news- for once! Great signing, Grimes was a must to lock up.

#694 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Someone is pissed off, and I suspect Miami's gonna pay:

Kevin O'Neill's lawyer releases statement

On the football-related matters, it looks like Starks and Soliai are both hitting free agency, as well as Nolan Carroll (who the Vikings are apparently looking hard at).

#695 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

According to NFL.com, Dolphins' interest in Jarius Byrd is "very real", along with their interest in Brandon Albert.

I know we need a new safety with Clemons gone, but couldn't we use some of our money to address, I dunno, both our guard positions? 

#696 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

According to NFL.com, Dolphins' interest in Jarius Byrd is "very real", along with their interest in Brandon Albert.

I know we need a new safety with Clemons gone, but couldn't we use some of our money to address, I dunno, both our guard positions? 

Is there enough cap space to get Byrd, Albert and a guard (maybe Zane Beadles)?  In the end though, you can't really put a whole o-line together with top price free agents in one offseason. 

And it always seemed to me that O-line could be fluky from year to year both for better and worse.  So I don't know how inclined I would be to put all eggs in that basket. 

Posted Image

#697 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

Plenty of cap space for Byrd and a couple of top-flight o-linemen. Doubt we nab Byrd though, probably wind up with Delmas.

#698 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Dolphins add Louis Delmas at 1/3

#699 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

Isn't changing much and it's 3.5 mill

#700 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Dolphins add Louis Delmas at 1/3

I like that's its a one-year deal. Worked out with Grimes last year, hope it'll work out with Delmas too. In other news, Ross is gonna pick up the $400 million tab for the stadium renovations: http://www.miamihera...fe-stadium.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users