71 replies to this topic

#21 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

The UFA market is pretty interesting actually, especially in the PF division. Perry, Horton, Clarkson, Clowe, and MacArthur are all UFAs. A lot of other interesting UFA forwards too, and every team's cap space is getting cut by like six million dollars. Add to that the fact that teams can't go over 7-8 years and we could see some interesting contracts.

I bet Clarkson returns to the Devils for like 8 years / 4 million per or something like that.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#22 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

I would not pay over $5mill/year for Clarky.  I love the guy, but if I was going to overpay for somebody next year, it would be Perry

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#23 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

4 millions for me...

#24 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I would not pay over $5mill/year for Clarky.  I love the guy, but if I was going to overpay for somebody next year, it would be Perry

Yep, would rather have Perry @ $7-7.5M per than Clarky at $5M per. I would give Clarky anything between $3.75-4.75M, anything beyond that and forget it.

#25 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

like i said i dont like Clarkson, mostly cause he's a whiner and a diver but losing him for our system would be horrible. I have to give credits where its due and he may not always produce but when he has the puck in the offensive zone he can usually keep it for awhile, so the longer we spend in their zone, the longer they are not in ours. He's really strong behind the net to knock off the puck

www.SterioDesign.com

#26 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

like i said i dont like Clarkson, mostly cause he's a whiner and a diver but losing him for our system would be horrible. I have to give credits where its due and he may not always produce but when he has the puck in the offensive zone he can usually keep it for awhile, so the longer we spend in their zone, the longer they are not in ours. He's really strong behind the net to knock off the puck

His diving has been worse this year too. I've noticed it and I've been embarrassed for him a couple times now. I don't like it. I'm hoping it's just a side effect of all the penalties being called this year.

#27 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

you guys are generous...I would not give him more than 2.5-3m

hes not worth anything more than that

Edited by Devilsrock01, 05 March 2013 - 02:12 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

For what it's worth, unless something has changed very recently, Clarky's Kids is based in Kitchener, Ontario and is run through the Kitchener Rangers.  Doesn't mean he doesn't do anything in the NJ area but I don't think his personal charity is going to make or break whether he remains a Devil.

Yes, he also has part of his charity started in Jersey too. They mentioned it during the intermission  when they were doing the bit on him. I know it started there and has always been there...they said last night he brought Clarky's Kids to Jersey

1dun.jpg

#29 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm pretty sure he gets at least 5m in the UFA market if he gets there.

I hope he signs at 4/16 or something like that with the Devils.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#30 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

5 mil you guys are cracked.. make him sign somewhere else for that price..

Posted Image

#31 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

For what it's worth, unless something has changed very recently, Clarky's Kids is based in Kitchener, Ontario and is run through the Kitchener Rangers. Doesn't mean he doesn't do anything in the NJ area but I don't think his personal charity is going to make or break whether he remains a Devil.

Clarkson to sign with the rangers. e5

#32 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

But on the other hand Clarkson seems incredibly selfish at time and i wouldnt be surprised if he'd like to get paid a lot and see what's out there especially since Toronto is starting to get something decent going, who knows.

Wow, "incredibly selfish."  If you are going to make such a statement I have to ask you to back it up. So examples please.

#33 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

you guys are generous...I would not give him more than 2.5-3m

hes not worth anything more than that

So you're telling me that you're going to find another guy who scored 20+ goals, has 100+PIMS, hustles, hits and plays the system right for $2.5-3M?

You're nuts.

Find me an example of a better player than Clarkson for $2.5-3M per. No one on a 2nd contract they signed before breaking out, that doesn't count, as the contract they have isn't a good indicator of what they will get on their next contract.

Edited by ATLL765, 05 March 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#34 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Wow, "incredibly selfish."  If you are going to make such a statement I have to ask you to back it up. So examples please.

really ? lol tell me you never screamed at your tv for clarkson to pass the puck to an open man instead of trying to hold on to it until he can get a shot? or some selfish penalties he took that comes to mind

www.SterioDesign.com

#35 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

He's a must sign IMO. Just don't want them to break the bank on him. In any event I think he stays. He's comfortable here, he's active in the community here, the fans love him, his teammates love him, he's got a great relationship with the coach, and I think he's grateful to Lou for giving him the chance. I really think clarky is a guy that just wants to be a devil

#36 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

really ? lol tell me you never screamed at your tv for clarkson to pass the puck to an open man instead of trying to hold on to it until he can get a shot? or some selfish penalties he took that comes to mind

That has more to do with his confidence in his passing ability than any character trait, imo.

#37 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

His value is drastically falling as we speak

#38 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

His value is drastically falling as we speak

true that.

he cant do it on a reglaur basis. he has his moments when he can score.

Posted Image

#39 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yep, would rather have Perry @ $7-7.5M per than Clarky at $5M per. I would give Clarky anything between $3.75-4.75M, anything beyond that and forget it.

EXACTLY

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#40 The Beaver

The Beaver

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

As fans we would all love to get a Corey Perry. But as fans let's honestly try to imagine Lou making that type of signing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users