#21 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Much of this is on Lou

We lost 50+ goals in not resigning Sykora and Parise. Those goals need to be made up...they weren't. Half assed attempt with Butler...we needed to re rign Sykora and signed someone like Semin, or SOMEONE that could make up the offense

Salvador on the idiotic thank you contract. He should've been let go

This is exactly how I feel, too. I really wanted Lou to go hard after Semin also, and look how he's doing now in Carolina. Maybe we can get lucky in the next offseason if he doesn't re-sign, but who knows what kind of contract he will get.

An already mediocre offense was significantly downgraded this offseason and everyone on the team was expected to be better to make up for it. I won't be so quick to say Lou screwed the team over yet, since he has a way of making things work, but it sure looks like the team is in trouble at the moment. How much longer will it be before our major issues are addressed?

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

OK DEVILS ARMY- I'VE JUST BEEN NOTIFIED OF MY TERMINATION. SO STAAAAAAAAAND UP- AND WAVE. GOOOOODBYYYYYYYYE!!!! AND DON'T FORGET TO GET PUMPED WITH PFIIIIIIISTER ENNNNNEEERGY!!!!

WHO...WANTS...AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION!!???!!

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

But how else will I know when to wave my towel?

OK DEVILS ARMY- I'VE JUST BEEN NOTIFIED OF MY TERMINATION. SO STAAAAAAAAAND UP- AND WAVE. GOOOOODBYYYYYYYYE!!!! AND DON'T FORGET TO GET PUMPED WITH PFIIIIIIISTER ENNNNNEEERGY!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Exactly the kind of replies I was hoping for, love it

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Trade Salvador. Trading the captain sends a message and Salvador shouldn't be in NJ anyway. Win Win.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#25 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Lou's lost his touch. It's been evident for a while. It's definitely debatable, but I always thought he should have given Brylin and Madden at least another year.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#26 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about celebrity apprentice :(

Devils.

#27 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

i highly doubt lou will make any decent tt=rade or any trades at all..

Posted Image

#28 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Trade Salvador. Trading the captain sends a message and Salvador shouldn't be in NJ anyway. Win Win.

...this...this would actually solve a couple problems...

GENIUS I SAY, GENIUS 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#29 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

i highly doubt lou will make any decent tt=rade or any trades at all..

I unfortunately agree. Lou's about as oblivious as those on this board that still believe we're in a slump.

#30 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

WHO...WANTS...AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION!!???!!

GET LOUD DEVILS ARMY, BECAUSE N.J. IS SHOOTING APPLICATIONS TO THE LOUUUUUDEST SECTION!!! BUT MAKE SURE YOU FLUSH YOUR SYSTEM, BEEEECAUSE YOU MAAAY BE ASKED TO TAKE A DRUG SCREENING!!!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#31 The Beaver

The Beaver

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

The Devils really don't have the assets to even make a trade that would make a difference. The prospects aren't the greatest and actually are a shallow group. (Aside from a couple of defensemen). So what is there to do. And yes this is Lou's fault as hard as it is to admit.

#32 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

I don't see why not. We did it with Langebrunner.

#33 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

You guys are full of sh!t.

3 weeks ago we had the best goalies in the league with articles written about how great Moose is in his role;  we had a no-name defense coming together and chipping in for points, and our lines were looking good.    

Now, we should fire everyone and reboot?   It's a damn slump, they happen.     The biggest slump is with Hedberg who is a great backup, but has never been labeled 'the guy' in nets...   we need to have our #1 goalie back so we don't get deflated and uninspired when we drop easy goals.  When we aren't playing scared, and get the cycle going, we get our bounces...  and we win.   Simple.

Fire no one, ride out the storm, emerge stronger.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#34 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

So, sh!ts not going right. Keep on mucking and everything will be fine, a tweak here and there. Zubrus and Marty will hopefully be back soon, and this team can get back on the throttle. I understand that in a shortened season there is no time for lapses, but there is still plenty of time.

#35 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Worst record in the league in the last 10 games. COOL. I don't think firing anyone is the answer. I think we've been bad in the last 10 games or so for sure, but the fact that we've also been very unlucky has made it look even worse than we've been. With decent goaltending and some more luck offensively, I think we COULD have played .500 hockey the past few weeks. But we can't dwell on those. We've used up all of our point cushion on the Rags and Failures, which sucks, but now we need to start playing again. Both of those teams are heating up and we're plummeting. Not good. Even the Islanders aren't that far behind. A few more games like this and we'll find ourselves at the bottom of the Atlantic division barrel. Let's not do that. I still believe in DeBoer as a coach and while I don't think our team is fantastic, I know we're better than this. Pete will find a way to turn it around.

I hope.

#36 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

I think Brodeur will be back sooner than later. He was sitting their in the luxury box very comfortably yukking it up. Thursday will be Hedbergs last start and Brodeur takes it the rest of the way. I just think they were being super cautious with him

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#37 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

You guys are full of sh!t.

3 weeks ago we had the best goalies in the league with articles written about how great Moose is in his role;  we had a no-name defense coming together and chipping in for points, and our lines were looking good.    

Now, we should fire everyone and reboot?   It's a damn slump, they happen.     The biggest slump is with Hedberg who is a great backup, but has never been labeled 'the guy' in nets...   we need to have our #1 goalie back so we don't get deflated and uninspired when we drop easy goals.  When we aren't playing scared, and get the cycle going, we get our bounces...  and we win.   Simple.

Fire no one, ride out the storm, emerge stronger.

THANK YOU. A team doesn't lose one player and become the new edmonton. And we added Loktionov so when we're fully healthy, that offsets at least some of parise's loss. Hopefully Marty's back soon and even if he's just league average, the team immediately at least would be ok if we get any offensive luck 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#38 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

New blood !

3308166.jpeg

#39 peteyvegas51

peteyvegas51

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

The defense.  I've seen nothing but 2 on 1's with the Dman covering NO ONE.  At least pick a man and trust your goalie.

#40 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

We should give this Zubrus kid a shot in a couple of weeks. I think he can spark us and get back to winning.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users