#1 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

http://www.nj.com/de...tart_thurs.html

Did he consider giving rookie Keith Kinkaid, who stopped 12 of 13 shots in his NHL debut, the start?

"No. We're going to go back to Heddy," DeBoer said.

I thought this deserved it's own thread.

Edited by NewarkDevil5, 05 March 2013 - 11:33 PM.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#2 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,051 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

I get why. But I get why it'll get criticized. They better win Thursday. That's all I know.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

I haven't missed a game yet this year, but as it stands right now I'd rather shoot myself in the face than go to the game Thursday. I seriously don't get this.

oKCiNj.jpg

#4 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

#5 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Its not all Hedbergs fault but we need a shot in the arm. Give the kid a chance. What's the worst that can happen? We give up 5 goals? Big sh!t, its already been happening with Hedberg

#6 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

I haven't missed a game yet this year, but as it stands right now I'd rather shoot myself in the face than go to the game Thursday. I seriously don't get this.

I'm kind of hoping Thursday's another 15,000 game with empty pockets that I can move in and get the **** away from 120.  That section was an embarassment tonight.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#7 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Pete's giving Hedberg his trust; might be his last shot. They need a win.

I understand why he's doing it, Hedberg's a locker room favorite. But this is it...

I'm kind of hoping Thursday's another 15,000 game with empty pockets that I can move in and get the **** away from 120.  That section was an embarassment tonight.

What happened in 120?

I was in 214 and thought things would get really bad, but everyone was pretty subdued, except for the one or two drunk asshat around. A few more games like this, and the The Rock is gonna start being really not fun to go to.

#8 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Luckily it wasn't bad over near me in 117. I was having a blast watching the team be terrible actually haha. In fact, at one point I tried to start a one-man wave and stood up about a second before Henrique scored. When everyone around me jumped up and cheered I felt like a god.

Edited by PWW, 05 March 2013 - 11:48 PM.

oKCiNj.jpg

#9 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

What happened?

#10 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

I was in sec 116 and saw some kind of commotion going on in 120 but couldn't tell what it was.

#11 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

What happened?

Some season ticket holders in that section are unbearable. I moved to 209 after the 2nd.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#12 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Some season ticket holders in that section are unbearable. I moved to 209 after the 2nd.

I high-tailed it out after the fourth goal too.  I mostly stood in the back of the Diablos section, then started walking around the arena aimlessly till we scored, then I ducked into the lower bowl and watched the last few minutes from there.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#13 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

Sounds like Pete wants to get fired.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#14 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Pete's giving Hedberg his trust; might be his last shot. They need a win.

I understand why he's doing it, Hedberg's a locker room favorite. But this is it...

What happened in 120?

I was in 214 and thought things would get really bad, but everyone was pretty subdued, except for the one or two drunk asshat around. A few more games like this, and the The Rock is gonna start being really not fun to go to.

Section 120 was ridiculous.  They were talking about soccer and who was benched basically the entire 2nd period and saying we want Marty and Kinkaid, and booed Moose.  Went to a different section.  But don't know about any commotion.  It was just ridiculous last night.  The section I went to was soooo much more quieter.

Edited by enjoythesilence, 06 March 2013 - 07:36 AM.

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#15 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Sounds like Pete wants to get fired.

Could be I guess.

Section 120 was ridiculous.  They were talking about soccer and who was benched basically the entire 2nd period and saying we want Marty and Kinkaid, and booed Moose.  Went to a different section.  But don't know about any commotion.  It was just ridiculous last night.  The section I went to was soooo much more quieter.

Not moose fault that he sucks, they should boo deboer.

Remember 3 weeks ago when someone made a "pete deboer in early talks for jack adams" How the mighty have fallen straight to the gutter.

Edited by Sneax, 06 March 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#16 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

hey kinkaid, use your glove more kid!  pancaking into the blocker will get old fast

moose found a new wrap around technique, throw the stick away and dive with the blocker. or give him a Jr stick, he cant handle an adult one

seriously, when is marty getting back? if its more than 5 or 6 games we can kiss the season goodbye. 

#17 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Kinkaid deserves a shot to start here.  I like Moose and wish he'd get out of this, but it is clear that he is lost right now.  In reality though, our defense has been atrocious, we don't possess the puck in the offensive zone, can't create chances off the rush, and do nothing with our PP.  That has nothing to do with Hedberg, but his struggles are just compounding the problems right now.

Posted Image

#18 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I didn't think Kinkaid looked all that sharp. I'm sure part of that is nerves, or coming in relief mid game, or whatever and he made a few nice saves but he seemed to be out of position quite a bit. My guess is he will start Saturday if Marty isn't back yet.

Edited by squishyx, 06 March 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#19 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,077 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Kinkaid deserves a shot to start here.  I like Moose and wish he'd get out of this, but it is clear that he is lost right now.  In reality though, our defense has been atrocious, we don't possess the puck in the offensive zone, can't create chances off the rush, and do nothing with our PP.  That has nothing to do with Hedberg, but his struggles are just compounding the problems right now.

What?  The Devils possess the puck in the offensive zone all the time.  They've dominated the first period of their last 3 games.  It's just they are always trailing because their goalie can't make a stop.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#20 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

What?  The Devils possess the puck in the offensive zone all the time.  They've dominated the first period of their last 3 games.  It's just they are always trailing because their goalie can't make a stop.

it's not cause you're pinning the puck and keeping it in your skate against the boards and go back and forth behind the red line in the offensive zone that you're necessarily dominating a hockey game.

especially when all you rely on is point shots and that the dmen can't hit the net

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users