www.SterioDesign.com

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

I think they probably want to give Kincaid playing time.  If Hedberg sh!ts the bed again, my guess is that Kincaid gets called up to start the next game.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#3 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Kin"k"aid!

#4 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

goddamit get the kid's name right for once.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#5 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

They have an oppertunity to see some prospects in the big league without a lot to lose. mine as well kick the tires on all of them

#6 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

I am sick to my stomach... they are on crazy pills right now..

#7 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,308 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

They have an oppertunity to see some prospects in the big league without a lot to lose. mine as well kick the tires on all of them

I posted in the other thread that I didn't think Kinkaid looked all that great, but this is a little mystifying. Kid has been up here for a a couple weeks, if there's going to be another 3rd string start/replacement I think he should get the benefit of the doubt.

#8 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

All I can say is...WTF?!!!!

Posted Image

#9 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Can we by any chance send the entire team down and dress the Albany Devils for the next game? They'd probably get destroyed, but I'm sure it would be more entertaining to watch, at least.

#10 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

haha yes!! That will wake them up

#11 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

I posted in the other thread that I didn't think Kinkaid looked all that great, but this is a little mystifying. Kid has been up here for a a couple weeks, if there's going to be another 3rd string start/replacement I think he should get the benefit of the doubt.

well like you said  he looked a bit shakey, let the other one have a shot if it presents itself

#12 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

lol this is the equivalent of Rex making McElroy inactive after he won a game while Sanchez continued to stink.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#13 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Does someone want to answer me why we signed both Moose and Marty to the same amount of years?? Kinda poor planning.  I would have thought we would have been as proactive as possible having someone under Marty learning from the best.  Instead we are scheduled for disaster when the contracts are up.. Anyone have any thoughts behind that manuver ??

#14 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I am sick to my stomach... they are on crazy pills right now..

Sick to your stomach? An undrafted 23-year-old rookie goaltender is not the answer to our problems. This move is inconsequential, Moose was slated to start on Thursday so what does it matter who is sitting on the bench as his backup?

Not to mention, Frazee has better numbers than Kinkaid this season in Albany, so I'm sure he would fare fine if he was forced into action on Thursday.

Edited by JWomp, 06 March 2013 - 11:05 AM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#15 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,308 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Sick to your stomach? An undrafted 23-year-old rookie goaltender is not the answer to our problems. This move is inconsequential, Moose was slated to start on Thursday so what does it matter who is sitting on the bench as his backup?

Because we have back to backs coming up this weekend and it stands to reason that whomever is sitting shotgun will get one of those games in.

#16 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Because we have back to backs coming up this weekend and it stands to reason that whomever is sitting shotgun will get one of those games in.

Even so...why are people panicking about what third-string goalie is on the roster? Moose is going to play Thursday, and the team can figure out the plan for this weekend from there.

Kinkaid is younger than Frazee, so at this point he's a more realistic NHL prospect than Frazee, but don't forget that Frazee was once a highly regarded prospect, too. It doesn't make a difference which one of them is backing up.

Look at their numbers this year in Albany:

Frazee 2.33 GAA .920 save percentage

Kinkaid 2.69 GAA .905 save percentage

Edited by JWomp, 06 March 2013 - 11:09 AM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#17 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Even so...why are people panicking about what third-string goalie is on the roster? Moose is going to play Thursday, and the team can figure out the plan for this weekend from there.

I am not panicking, just confused over the decisions being made.  Moose needs a break plain and simple.. Give it to him... Allow someone else in the net to give the team a positive thought process.  You can't disagree with me that moose is clearly shook right now and has 0 confidence..

#18 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

lol this is the equivalent of Rex making McElroy inactive after he won a game while Sanchez continued to stink.

and mcelroy proved to be as shakey as KinKaid. his second start was BRUTAL.  Marty where are you!

#19 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

I am not panicking, just confused over the decisions being made.  Moose needs a break plain and simple.. Give it to him... Allow someone else in the net to give the team a positive thought process.  You can't disagree with me that moose is clearly shook right now and has 0 confidence..

Oh, I totally agree. I'm a huge Moose fan, but there's no doubt that he is in a big slump right now. He's not the sole cause of this losing streak, but he's not the solution either. If I was Deboer, I would have started Kinkaid on Thursday to shake things up.

However, given that he already pegged Hedberg as the starter....it doesn't matter who is backing up.

#20 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Oh, I totally agree. I'm a huge Moose fan, but there's no doubt that he is in a big slump right now. He's not the sole cause of this losing streak, but he's not the solution either. If I was Deboer, I would have started Kinkaid on Thursday to shake things up.

However, given that he already pegged Hedberg as the starter....it doesn't matter who is backing up.

Yea the whole team is just a nightmare.. We need to play a conference game and get fired up again.. That might light a fire under their asses..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users