46 replies to this topic

#41 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

thats not my point.  my point was addressing the fact that you said it makes sense because, "Bringing up Frazee gets him a few games of an NHL pay check, which is a great reward for a guy." that pay check should not even be in the discussion.

“It’s very simplistic,” Lamoriello said in explaining that move. “They’ve both played equally well and we took Kinkaid up (first). Jeff had a great weekend (with Albany). We had three games. We got five out of six points. Jeff got four points and (Maxime) Clermont got the other (point). Jeff deserved to be here. Kinkaid did fine, but they’ve been equal. Kinkaid got his feet wet as far as being around with the experience and this was our plan all along.”

There ya go. They wanted each of them to have a chance to be around an NHL team. It wasn't for the pay, but it was for the experience. 

They did the same switch with Clermont and Kinkaid, sending Clermont back to the ECHL and calling Wedge to Albany.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#42 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

lol this is the equivalent of Rex making McElroy inactive after he won a game while Sanchez continued to stink.

Oh NO you don't! Even though I'm a Jets fan I am way too proud of a Devils fan to have those two teams discussed together in a single sentence, let alone actively compared! That's too close for comfort. My beloved Jets are a bonafide laughingstock..... They are the Colorado Rockies of the NFL!

Oh.... Wait..... Never mind....
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#43 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

We didn't know how long Marty was gonna be out for. Kinkaid needs work if he's going to get better (which we hope, on the offchance he could be a bona fide starter some day). You can't make the kid ride the pine/come in to mop up in a beat down for much longer without fvcking up this season from a development standpoint. It makes more sense to get him back in games and let Frazee ride the pine with the big boys for a week or so (hopefully less). If Frazee gets some money out of it, that's an added bonus, and I'm sure it came up in discussion when they were deciding to make the switch. Unless DeBo is going to start one of them, in which case you want the better player in NJ, I like the move.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#44 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

We didn't know how long Marty was gonna be out for. Kinkaid needs work if he's going to get better (which we hope, on the offchance he could be a bona fide starter some day). You can't make the kid ride the pine/come in to mop up in a beat down for much longer without fvcking up this season from a development standpoint. It makes more sense to get him back in games and let Frazee ride the pine with the big boys for a week or so (hopefully less). If Frazee gets some money out of it, that's an added bonus, and I'm sure it came up in discussion when they were deciding to make the switch. Unless DeBo is going to start one of them, in which case you want the better player in NJ, I like the move.

I don't think there is bewilderment in terms of swapping back ups in general, but rather as you said, you can't make the kid ride the pine for ever. So when there was an upcoming opportunity for him to get an actual game in it's puzzling to see him get sent down right before that opportunity.

Of course is Moose plays both games this weekend then it's moot.

#45 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

I think he does.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#46 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

I don't think there is bewilderment in terms of swapping back ups in general, but rather as you said, you can't make the kid ride the pine for ever. So when there was an upcoming opportunity for him to get an actual game in it's puzzling to see him get sent down right before that opportunity.

That opportunity didn't exist though. They were never planning on playing either of them. The idea was that if you had to choose between guy a and guy b for a spot as "non playing goalie" it doesn't matter much which one is marginally better. And if the thought that extra pay isn't used to reward people in sports is ridiculous. Ever heard of a performance bonus? Well, here's a way you can get one if you're a prospect. To say that the money isn't thought of at all, is silly.

#47 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

He's up against dipietro tonight Lol. Go kinkaid show him up.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users