Devils claim Tom Kostopoulos

RangersSuck23

I've always been a fan.  4th liner, can put in a few goals, a right handed shot - fits in a lot better on the lower lines than did Bobby Butler, and is definitely better than Cam Janssen.  I don't want to look at his territorial numbers, I fear they're not good.

EDIT:  oh and he kills penalties too.  I know it's too much to ask to get Gionta off that responsibility (and who says Kostopoulos is any better), but here's hoping.

Edited by Triumph

Ooofa....

If you thought Barch was a punching bag.........

The New Jersey Devils might possibly employ the two worst fighters in the National League of Hockey

2007-2008 Canadiens 67 7 6 13       2008-2009 Canadiens 78 8 14 22           2009-2010 Hurricanes 82 8 13 21               2010-2011 Hurricanes 17 1 3 4               2010-2011 Flames 59 7 7 14               2011-2012 Flames 81 4 8 12      

his numbers over last couple of years

not sure what to think of this pickup what you guys think can he really be of much help?

always better than barch or janssen thats for sure he can put some points up there

we couldnt get anyone better off waivers?

Kostopoulos is just a right-handed Mathieu Darche.  Now the Devils can fill out 5 lines at least reasonably, if everyone's healthy:

LW:  Zubrus, Elias, Ponikarovsky, Carter, Matteau

C:  Zajac, Henrique, Loktionov, Gionta, Josefson

RW:  Kovalchuk, Clarkson, Bernier, Kostopoulos, Barch

Well it's a good move because he is better than Barch, Janssen, and Sestito. Hoping he might get in there for Gionta some nights too, but not expecting that.

While I agree with the fact that its a good move and that I prefer him to Barch and Jassen, I also have to say that here it is. This is the THE move Lou will do/have done this year to help us and we are probably idiots if we are still hoping for another move. He won't try to find a top 6 Forward. Tom Kostopoulos is clearly enough to help this team get back to winning and probably carry it in the playoffs...if we get there.

Better than Janssen.  Probably equal to Barch (who has skated and played better than I thought he would coming into this season).  He's on a 2 way contract, so not much of a downside with this pickup, although he is the answer to none of our problems.  Plus, at 34, he probably brings the median age of this roster down a bit.

While I agree with the fact that its a good move and that I prefer him to Barch and Jassen, I also have to say that here it is. This is the THE move Lou will do/have done this year to help us and we are probably idiots if we are still hoping for another move. He won't try to find a top 6 Forward. Tom Kostopoulos is clearly enough to help this team get back to winning and probably carry it in the playoffs...if we get there.

there is a better chance scott gomez scores a goal than this being the move that takes us into the playoffs