60 replies to this topic

#21 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Well it's a good move because he is better than Barch, Janssen, and Sestito. Hoping he might get in there for Gionta some nights too, but not expecting that.

While I agree with the fact that its a good move and that I prefer him to Barch and Jassen, I also have to say that here it is. This is the THE move Lou will do/have done this year to help us and we are probably idiots if we are still hoping for another move. He won't try to find a top 6 Forward. Tom Kostopoulos is clearly enough to help this team get back to winning and probably carry it in the playoffs...if we get there.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#22 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Better than Janssen.  Probably equal to Barch (who has skated and played better than I thought he would coming into this season).  He's on a 2 way contract, so not much of a downside with this pickup, although he is the answer to none of our problems.  Plus, at 34, he probably brings the median age of this roster down a bit.

Posted Image

#23 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

While I agree with the fact that its a good move and that I prefer him to Barch and Jassen, I also have to say that here it is. This is the THE move Lou will do/have done this year to help us and we are probably idiots if we are still hoping for another move. He won't try to find a top 6 Forward. Tom Kostopoulos is clearly enough to help this team get back to winning and probably carry it in the playoffs...if we get there.

there is a better chance scott gomez scores a goal than this being the move that takes us into the playoffs

#24 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

there is a better chance scott gomez scores a goal than this being the move that takes us into the playoffs

he scored last night.

www.SterioDesign.com

#25 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Lou's trollin' again.

oKCiNj.jpg

#26 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Our scoring woes are solved.

n2eg.jpg

#27 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Oh, great.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#28 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

I was being sarcastic haha
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#29 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Is this the It's pointless to claim Ryan Carter thread part 2?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#30 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Cup=ours.

CUP HERE WE COME!

Our scoring woes are solved.

You guys are all so hilarious and original.

#31 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

You guys are all so hilarious and original.

thatsthejoke.jpg

#32 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Better than Janssen.  Probably equal to Barch (who has skated and played better than I thought he would coming into this season).  He's on a 2 way contract, so not much of a downside with this pickup, although he is the answer to none of our problems.  Plus, at 34, he probably brings the median age of this roster down a bit.

He's much better than Krys Barch, although at 34 he might be done.  Still, he's way better than Krys Barch.  If he can play like he did last year, Kostopoulos can at least fill in on the 3rd line if there's injuries. 

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#33 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

thatsthejoke.jpg

The joke is that you're not funny, original, or adding anything worthwhile to the discussion? Oh. Ok. Good one, then. You sure nailed it.

#34 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

tumblr_m4v1rzZD1p1rw850po1_500.png

Jesse Katsopolis?

RD's heart leapt -- not Jesse - the other blond dude. OK I ruined the whole thing because I dont know my Full House actors or characters. 

Edited by Pepperkorn, 06 March 2013 - 02:23 PM.

I'm here for the party

#35 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

The joke is that you're not funny, original, or adding anything worthwhile to the discussion? Oh. Ok. Good one, then. You sure nailed it.

SOMEONE's riding the cotton pony :unsure:

or has sand in his foreskin is you prefer something more masculine :)

Edited by Pepperkorn, 06 March 2013 - 02:28 PM.

I'm here for the party

#36 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Great a Bandaid for a gapping wound, Lou wake up

#37 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

u-mad17cc_1867.jpg

#38 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

u-mad17cc_1867.jpg

:troll1:

I apologize for being a stick-in-the-mud, but I'm frustrated with the Devils and I would much prefer to see some kind of intelligent discussion about how the team can start winning again, instead of a bunch of lame old jokes that aren't even relevant to what's going on being posted again and again. I mean, every single time there's a minor signing, trade, or waiver pick up, a bunch of people have to say some form of "Cup is ours now LOLOL". I'm just sick of it, is all. It's not funny, and it doesn't add to the discussion at all. But for calling people out for repeating this tired joke again and again, now I'm the bad guy. Sigh. Whatever.

Back to what I wanted to say earlier:

Oh, great.

I really don't think this is as bad of a hit as the Detroit commentators are making it out to be. The one guy (sorry, don't know their names) keeps saying that Stuart was "vulnerable and defenseless". Okay, so anybody who is swinging at a loose puck can't be touched now? I think Kostopolous deserved a minor penalty for coming in as hard as he did, but I don't see any malicious intent nor do I think he was targeting the head. It looked like he hit him primarily in the chest to me. Stuart has to be a little more aware of his surroundings there. If he had braced for the hit he probably wouldn't have been injured. An unfortunate play for sure, but I agree with the decision to not give him any supplemental discipline for it.*

I don't know much about Kostopolous, but it seems like he can be an upgrade over some of our current 4th liners, so it can't hurt. If he stinks we can always put him right up for waivers again. I don't think he'll spark the team towards victory or anything, but any improvement is welcome at this point.

*Disregard - he was indeed suspended.

Edited by iamtheprodigy, 06 March 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#39 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Quick Lou trade him!

#40 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Kostopoulos can actually play hockey! way better than janssen... Cant be worse anyways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users