4 replies to this topic

#1 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Y'all who keep saying the Devils are slumping do realize that we're bad throughout right. Top to bottom. I just don't get how the whole team can keep fvcking up, but it's just a slump.

Even if it's a slump we have about a cushion of 10 games we can lose before our playoff hopes are pretty much dashed.

I keep reading that we'll be fine when Marty or Zubrus are back in the lineup, but we are playing a lion's share of games in March and probably without Marty and Zubrus. So Lou needs to do something, the team needs to get their sh!t together because we can't wait around for Marty or Zubs if we want a shot at the playoffs.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#2 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Ah... I'm not sure if you know this -- but "playoff hopes dashed" isn't what I'd call a slump. :uni:

I'm here for the party

#3 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Ah... I'm not sure if you know this -- but "playoff hopes dashed" isn't what I'd call a slump. :uni:

harpo_marx_5.jpg

I totally agree.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#4 The Beaver

The Beaver

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

I agree that this is more than a slump. But I've said before what assets can we realistically trade to actually have significant improvement to the roster. I just don't see any. Unfortunately.

#5 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Worst case scenario we miss the playoffs and have a chance to win the lottery.

All you need is a dollar and a dream and we're pretty lucky at winning the top pick.

Too bad this rule that everyone who misses the playoffs can win the first pick just came to be this year. The real question is would Lou have picked Larsson at #1 or would RNH, Landeskog, or Huberdeau be a Devil if they got to keep the first pick that year?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users