285 replies to this topic

#21 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

What's going on? Sitting arguably our two best defensemen tonight? I wonder if they're putting a couple of these guys on display for a future trade.

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Salvador not sitting is absolutely ridiculous. Was such a fvcking mistake to give him the C, glad i was really vocal about it and not on that bandwagon 

What's going on? Sitting arguably our two best defensemen tonight? I wonder if they're putting a couple of these guys on display for a future trade.

i guess so, to me Fayne and Larsson are the only untouchable Ds that we have. It's like open house for scouts "pick wtv you want on our d tnight"

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

This team is a god damn mess.
Dude why the hell is Poni on the first line?
Whatever. Please fire this coach after next season. 2.5 seasons will be enough.
Can't get any worse.
Stop the fvcking puck or get the hell off the ice Hedberg.
Every game is a MUST WIN FROM HERE ON OUT!

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 07 March 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#24 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

So Fayne is being punished because he couldnt clean up the hot mess sal leaves on the ice?  Larsson Im actually ok with, the kid needs a day off to sit back and watch some NHL INTENSITY, and be reminded he must bring it every shift.  (hopefully one of our pairings can show it to him, or he can watch myers to see what a large young Dman is NOT supposed to do)

#25 Dev in Roch

Dev in Roch

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Tonight would be a hell of a night to break out of this nightmarish slump. I am a bartender in Western, NY and its well known to my patrons that I am a Devils fan....I'd like to avoid the 930ish to 2 am ball busting. More importantly I'd like the Devils to just win a freaking game!

Edited by Dev in Roch, 07 March 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#26 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Can't get any worse.

You want barch or the greek? Kovy better start hitting the back of the net

Tonight would be a hell of a night to break out of this nightmarish slump. I am a bartender in Western, NY and its well known to my patrons that I am a Devils fan....I'd like to avoid the 930ish to 2 am ball busting. More importantly I'd like the Devils to just win a freaking game!

isn't EVERYONE in W NY

#27 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Salvador not sitting is absolutely ridiculous. Was such a fvcking mistake to give him the C, glad i was really vocal about it and not on that bandwagon 

i guess so, to me Fayne and Larsson are the only untouchable Ds that we have. It's like open house for scouts "pick wtv you want on our d tnight"

Who did you want as captain?

This team is a god damn mess.
Can't get any worse.

Ugh, you're the worst. Such a downer, this is what everyone that I really dislike in my section sounds like all game, even during the good stretches of our season.

Edited by DJ Eco, 07 March 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#28 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

i would have went with 3 A

i know the guys respect Bryce and everything. But how can a team really listen to a guy trying to pump his team between periods in the locker room when they are down 3-0 and quite possibly the 3 goals are his fault?

i mean it must be happening all the time, he may not be a vocal captain, then those captain are "lead by example kinda guy".... well.....

www.SterioDesign.com

#29 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Scoremore is over the top for sure, jeez man, smoke a cigarette or something stronger.

#30 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Ugh, you're the worst. Such a downer, this is what everyone that I really dislike in my section sounds like all game, even during the good stretches of our season.

i honestly would've went Kovy/ Zajac or 3A over Sal for sure.  Do you really think Sal was our best option?

I know he's good in the lockeroom, but by giving the C to a player that isn't good, we've put ourselves in an awkward position when we cant sit him for multiple games

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#31 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

whoever said we will win 5-1 just smoked bath salts.  Take it easy there tiger.. I am hoping we just win.. but we havent scored that many goals in decades.. haha

#32 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I haven't started a game thread for a long time since J-Mac was still our head coach. I have a horrible record with GDT and I hope things will be turned around. Stay tune...

Preview
http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2012020340

I love your title - if this doesn't change the mojo nothing we do can!

LGD!!!!

I'm here for the party

#33 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Mark it:  Devils will have a 3-0 lead after two and end up losing 4-3...

...in regulation.

[ducks]

P.S.  Let's go Devils?

Edited by NJCroMag, 07 March 2013 - 11:57 AM.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#34 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

You know -- I'm not saying I know a THING here... I didn't have any obvious favorite - not even Kovalchuk.

but for all the reasons we've come up with for picking Salvadore -- you can make an argument for, and I would have picked, Clarkson.

ESPECIALLY because the guy leading Bryce is gone and the guy leading Clarkson is behind the bench. Sal is mentorless - and the guy meant to mentor him is probably giving him too much leeway. Stevens -- DUDE?  Have you not been following the team these past few years.  I mean watching objectively?  Can ya HELP Sal?  He's NOT you and does NOT need space.  Call Larry -- just cll Larry OK and make him be real with you.  This just  I can't watch this anymore... I just can't...  **sobsob**

I'm here for the party

#35 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Moose hasn't been himself lately but I remember how good he can play. It is important when players, because they all do, go through slumps, to believe in them and make sure they know they are backed. I hope for Moose's sake he plays a hell of a game tonight and New Jersey can score more than 1 goal for him.

So many fans are the "what have you done for me lately?" type of people, and Moose has played well for NJ and been a real team guy since he got here. It seriously pisses me off when people boo him when he is having a tough game(s) just because his jersey doesn't say "Brodeur" on it. Reality check: Brodeur is a future all start that holds records that no one might be able to beat for generations of hockey players. Don't fvcking be surprised when his backup or a young kid doesn't play to his level or step out of a slump as easily as he can. Brodeur is also going to retire soon, so welcome, newer generation NJ fans, to a preview of goalie woes. /rant :soap:

In conclusion, LGD :dizzy:  and Lets Go  :moose: . Anti- :3soow: people can eat dicks. Though I am a fan, shut Ryan Miller's bitch ass up. I'm really disappointed that P. O. S. Kaleta is out on a suspension. 

815631765.gif

#36 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Scoremore is over the top for sure, jeez man, smoke a cigarette or something stronger.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=zT2ae1WkuC0

This about sums up my attitude
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#37 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Why do I have a feeling this will be 4-1 Devils tonight?

IDK just a weird, strange feeling but at least it's for a good outcome!  LGD!

#38 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

i would have went with 3 A

i know the guys respect Bryce and everything. But how can a team really listen to a guy trying to pump his team between periods in the locker room when they are down 3-0 and quite possibly the 3 goals are his fault?

i mean it must be happening all the time, he may not be a vocal captain, then those captain are "lead by example kinda guy".... well.....

3A would've definitely been interesting, maybe a great idea actually. At the time, I still had the memories of the playoffs on my mind, and Salvador was most definitely a leader both with his play and intensity. I was unfortunately on the Salvador bandwagon when it came time to appoint the captain. Unfortunately, it wasn't the right move.

#39 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Fayne hasn't been that good lately, but Larsson? Him and Greene have been WAY better than sal or tallinder. Don't get that

Fayne hasn't been that good lately cause they keep jerking him in and out of the lineup. And he had the Sal anchor around his neck Tuesday. I really don't get why our most reliable defenseman last year has suddenly fallen out of favor this year - and one of our few under 30s to boot.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 March 2013 - 12:28 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#40 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

3A would've definitely been interesting, maybe a great idea actually. At the time, I still had the memories of the playoffs on my mind, and Salvador was most definitely a leader both with his play and intensity. I was unfortunately on the Salvador bandwagon when it came time to appoint the captain. Unfortunately, it wasn't the right move.

I just didn't get it. Why give the C to a guy who's gone in a couple years, we all know if it's 3, it'll be atrociously ugly.  He's too slow, thus why he and Volch are fine on the PK but awful 5on5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users