285 replies to this topic

#41 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,077 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Fayne hasn't been that good lately cause they keep jerking him in and out of the lineup. And he had the Sal anchor around his neck Tuesday. I really don't get why our most reliable defenseman last year has suddenly fallen out of favor this year - and one of our few under 30s to boot.

He hasn't fallen out of favor.  The Devils just have to get all 8 guys in the lineup.  The only people who haven't been a healthy scratch are Salvador, Zidlicky, and Greene.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#42 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Clarkson has the attitude and energy to be a great captain.. But we are, excuse me were a defensive team.. So I usually agree with our captain being a defensivemen.. But who's crazy idea was it to make Bryce our captain.. Overall the decisions made since the Parise exit have blown my mind..

#43 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Clarkson has the attitude and energy to be a great captain.. But we are, excuse me were a defensive team.. So I usually agree with our captain being a defensivemen.. But who's crazy idea was it to make Bryce our captain.. Overall the decisions made since the Parise exit have blown my mind..

Usually the players and coaches pick the captain.  While the Devils still stress defense than a lot of other teams in their philosophy, they still have had Parise, Langs and Elias as the previous three captains.  All of our captains have been forwards since the lockout up until this year.  I really do not think the position of the player makes a big difference or any at all.

#44 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

I understand in hind-sight why people think we should've picked Clarkson as our captain. However, half the people on this board thought his last year's numbers were a fluke, and the other half may have called for him to get traded 2-3 years ago or at some point.

If Lou appointed Clarkson captain, and he doesn't get the points and production during the start of this year that he did, we'd all be arguing that Lou appointed Clarkson captain too impulsively after what was a fluke-ish year. We're seeing right now that everyone's numbers have slowed down to a stand-still. I agree that Salvador has been playing pretty badly, but if anyone but Bernier or Carter were captain right now, he'd be coming under fire during a month like this, especially Kovalchuk or Zajac.

#45 Dev in Roch

Dev in Roch

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm a bartender in western NY

isn't EVERYONE in W NY[/quote]

No more than anywhere else I suppose. We may have more drinkers though

Edited by Dev in Roch, 07 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#46 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

I understand in hind-sight why people think we should've picked Clarkson as our captain. However, half the people on this board thought his last year's numbers were a fluke, and the other half may have called for him to get traded 2-3 years ago or at some point.

If Lou appointed Clarkson captain, and he doesn't get the points and production during the start of this year that he did, we'd all be arguing that Lou appointed Clarkson captain too impulsively after what was a fluke-ish year. We're seeing right now that everyone's numbers have slowed down to a stand-still. I agree that Salvador has been playing pretty badly, but if anyone but Bernier or Carter were captain right now, he'd be coming under fire during a month like this, especially Kovalchuk or Zajac.

Ahhhhh -now that you've put all that thought into rebuking the thought - BUT....I did not say Clarkson should be our Captain... far from it. 

I said that based upon the only criteria we all can collectively come up with for Salvadore's appointment, (aside from not being a defenceman) Clarkson would have been a better choice than Sal.

I'm here for the party

#47 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Enroth in goal tonight.    Devils haven't won in 6 games.    Enroth hasn't won since 2011.

Digging our chances tonight...

LGD!

"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#48 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

and the vote of confidence from the Sabres..  <_<

I'm a bartender in western NY

isn't EVERYONE in W NY[/quote]

No more than anywhere else I suppose. We may have more drinkers though

West NY!  You wrote West New York, not Upstate!!  No one calls
Rochester west NY - unless they are familiar with TRUE upstate NY.  I'm
impressed. 

and:  more snow = more booze.  I lived in Bismarck - I know these things  :wink2:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 07 March 2013 - 02:02 PM.

I'm here for the party

#49 Dev in Roch

Dev in Roch

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

and the vote of confidence from the Sabres.. <_<

West NY! You wrote West New York, not Upstate!! No one calls
Rochester west NY - unless they are familiar with TRUE upstate NY. I'm
impressed.

and: more snow = more booze. I lived in Bismarck - I know these things :wink2:

Did I write "west" NY? Oops. Might have had my phone correct a typo there....anyway I'd love to blame the snow for drinking but for me personally it tends to be the same wherever I go!

Btw- looks like I said western..lived here for 2 years now, originally from the ADKs. Go Devils. Please win!

Edited by Dev in Roch, 07 March 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#50 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

He hasn't fallen out of favor. The Devils just have to get all 8 guys in the lineup. The only people who haven't been a healthy scratch are Salvador, Zidlicky, and Greene.

Fayne's 25 years old give or take a year, and he was the top-pairing defenseman for a playoff team. He's not a guy you bench to get everyone else playing time in a short season when playoff hopes are dying on the vine by the day. This 8-D merry go round continues to be ridiculous.

I love the rationale from the staff about getting fresh legs in the lineup, really? Then why haven't your two oldest defensemen sat yet and why is your 39-year old goalie playing five games in one calendar week?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#51 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Decisions such as? All we've done this year is make a couple very small trades, not sign Darche, lose Butler on waivers and claimed Kostopolous. I mean, if you want to blame our bad play on Deboer's coaching decisions, then maybe you have a point, but I don't see the awful decisions that the org has made since July.

#52 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

@TGfireandice
Larsson said he felt he was playing "good.". "It feels good so far, so it's kind of disappointing (to sit)."

Yea, that sounds like a young kid who just had his confidence shot again. Great job PDB.

#53 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Let's Go Devils! Would love to see a good hard fought 60 minute game with some scoring.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#54 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

@TGfireandice
Larsson said he felt he was playing "good.". "It feels good so far, so it's kind of disappointing (to sit)."

Yea, that sounds like a young kid who just had his confidence shot again. Great job PDB.

He's played fine defensively. Maybe you'd like to see a few more points from him, but I don't get sitting him.

#55 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

:koolaid:  :dizzy:

#56 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

He's played fine defensively. Maybe you'd like to see a few more points from him, but I don't get sitting him.

Larsson doesn't play the PP and he has the fewest O Zone starts of any defenseman in the league. He's fine offensively, just doesnt get a chance to show off his skills. 

Salvador- should be benched, but we know that won't happen because of a certain letter

Zidlicky- whether you like him or not, you cant deny his offensive/PP skill. we saw this vs Toronto

Greene- probably our best overall dman and should stay in 

#57 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Someone needs to make a meme. Goes -4. Two other defensemen get sat instead

#58 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Larsson doesn't play the PP and he has the fewest O Zone starts of any defenseman in the league. He's fine offensively, just doesnt get a chance to show off his skills. 

Salvador- should be benched, but we know that won't happen because of a certain letter

Zidlicky- whether you like him or not, you cant deny his offensive/PP skill. we saw this vs Toronto

Greene- probably our best overall dman and should stay in 

This. ^^

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#59 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Enroth in goal tonight. Devils haven't won in 6 games. Enroth hasn't won since 2011.

Digging our chances tonight...

LGD!

Wow.
We're that bad where teams are starting their backups against us again.
2011 all over again.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 07 March 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#60 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

When I said Clarkson before for captain I am basing on his pure energy.  Forget the goals scored or not scored.. He is always full of energy, not putting up with peoples sh!t.. People look up to that and feed off it, vs the non verbal leader we have now.. We should just paint his face white and call him Salvador the Mime..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users