Photo

RUMOR: Devils interested in Dany Heatley?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

#41 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

This doesn't sounds Lou like to trade for someone who's career is toast like Heatley's. Makes no sense. It has Rolston 2.0 written all over it. I don't care if the guy was best man at Kovy's wedding, I think he sucks. I'd be VERY upset if we trade anything beyond a bag of pucks for something as bad as Heatley.

Didn't a lot of people say Zid's career was toast before Lou made the move to get him?  IDK about this trade but if it is for spare parts I do not mind it.  Though giving up the 2nd rounder would be a bummer.

#42 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Did anyone actually hear the report on KFAN?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who heard this on KFAN at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#43 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

This doesn't sounds Lou like to trade for someone who's career is toast like Heatley's. Makes no sense. It has Rolston 2.0 written all over it. I don't care if the guy was best man at Kovy's wedding, I think he sucks. I'd be VERY upset if we trade anything beyond a bag of pucks for something as bad as Heatley.

Trade the useless turd, Bryce Salvador, and have the Wild hold a mill or two of Heatley's cap hit.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#44 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,492 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Did anyone actually hear the report on KFAN?

Of course not, because either A: it doesn't exist or B: it's disappeared forever because it's not true.  Part of the joy of reporting radio rumors is that radio stations, imo, tend to be less reputable than print or TV journalists.  The crux of the story is that Heatley is not with his teammates on the plane to Nashville, something which would certainly be out there if it were true, by now.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#45 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Trade the useless turd, Bryce Salvador, and have the Wild hold a mill or two of Heatley's cap hit.

With that... does Minny still pay that salary, or do they just the paper hit?       I don't think we are worried about cap hits this year.

Minny is within 1.2mm of the actual cap;   and could add 2.5mm today or 5.3mm at the deadline.

Meanwhile, NJ is 12mm actual cap free, we could add 23mm right now, or 49.5mm at the deadline.  

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#46 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

With that... does Minny still pay that salary, or do they just the paper hit?       I don't think we are worried about cap hits this year.

Minny is within 1.2mm of the actual cap;   and could add 2.5mm today or 5.3mm at the deadline.

Meanwhile, NJ is 12mm actual cap free, we could add 23mm right now, or 49.5mm at the deadline.  

Malkin and Crosby to NJ for Tallinder and Teddy, mark it down. We got the cap space, it could work.

#47 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

The possibility of this move doesn't seem too far-fetched imo. We'll see what happens.

#48 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

this is completely unwarranted and never happening

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#49 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Didn't a lot of people say Zid's career was toast before Lou made the move to get him?  IDK about this trade but if it is for spare parts I do not mind it.  Though giving up the 2nd rounder would be a bummer.

True, but Zid was someone that was said we tried to acquire earlier and had been following somewhat closely. Lemaire had coached him as well, so that helped our decision and Zidlicky as an offensive d-man, brings something to the table no one else does. Heatley doesn't.

We also didn't trade anything worth as much as either Tallinder or Urbom on their own. Foster might actually have been the best piece in that deal. We gave a 2nd, along with Veilleux and Palmieri. Foster and the 2nd are probably the biggest pieces of that trade.

#50 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

True, but Zid was someone that was said we tried to acquire earlier and had been following somewhat closely. Lemaire had coached him as well, so that helped our decision and Zidlicky as an offensive d-man, brings something to the table no one else does. Heatley doesn't.

We also didn't trade anything worth as much as either Tallinder or Urbom on their own. Foster might actually have been the best piece in that deal. We gave a 2nd, along with Veilleux and Palmieri. Foster and the 2nd are probably the biggest pieces of that trade.

We dont score enough goal... like him or not heatley is a sniper

#51 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Tallinder for Heatley would be a fair swap and I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. Urbom should not be included in that deal. Of course Minny is trying to get us back after we sent them the budding start of Napalm, 

What about Setogucci?

And I totally believe a deal with Tallinder is something we will see by Saturday's game.

#52 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

We dont score enough goal... like him or not heatley is a sniper

I don't think he brings enough goals and I think he's not a good fit in our locker room. Not to mention I think he's getting worse with each passing year.

His last three season's point totals: 82, 64, 53 <- That looks like a decline to me and I wouldn't be surprised to see him only be a 40-50 point guy going forward. Not worth $5M in real money or the $7.5M cap hit.

Tallinder for Heatley would be a fair swap and I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. Urbom should not be included in that deal. Of course Minny is trying to get us back after we sent them the budding start of Napalm, 

What about Setogucci?

And I totally believe a deal with Tallinder is something we will see by Saturday's game.

I'd do a straight swap, maybe and even then it's still borderline not worth it. His cap hit is HUGE. Why are we going to waste our off-season with the most cap space of any team when each team gets a free buyout? We could just buy a better player for cheaper in UFA.

#53 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

I haven't paid much attention to Heatley or his recent career to know whether our forechecking system would work to utilize him well or not but at the same time on paper he is a big skilled forward with a great shot and good passing ability so if he could be persuaded to buy into the system and give it his all on the forecheck and be less of a liability defensively maybe it could work.

The preceding run-on sentence was brought to you by the William Faulkner School of English Writing.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#54 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Don't want Heatley, mainly because I never liked him.  When you offset the savings by including Tallinder in the deal, we will be adding approximately $4 million to our cap, which isn't an issue right now and shouldn't be next year as well.  I wouldn't include Urbom, Gelinas, Merrill or anything higher than a 4th in the deal because, like many have said, he's a rapidly declining star.  However, I wouldn't put it past Lou to make this deal.

Posted Image

#55 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

That's the problem with Twitter- every idiot fan thinks they're an insider.

Should I make this the "Post of the Day" ?

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#56 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I think the key is that Heatley has played with Kovy before in Atlanta, similar to how Zidlicky had been coached before by Lemaire who had organizational ties.
25smul5.png

#57 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Should I make this the "Post of the Day" ?

100%.

#58 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

i saw him play couple of week ago and he impressed me! Anyways we will see what lou will do

#59 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Not sure why this would be so far-fetched? Heatley recently played on a line with Rupp for cryin' out loud.  It wouldn't cost THAT much given the proposal. Is the cap hit a lot? Sure. I think we'd be better off going after a Stafford, Chris Stewart, Tomas Fleischmann or a real bargain piece that really wouldn't cost us anything like a Clarke MacArthur. (Two 20 + goal seasons he'd be a low risk/high reward for NJ. Seems like Clarke Mac wouldn't cost more then a prospect and a 2nd round/3rd round pick)

n2eg.jpg

#60 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Rumor it is at this point, but a great opportunity to say that I've never seen more exciting hockey than Kovy and Dany in Atl.  :koolaid:

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users