13 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

In the event that the NHL schedules the Devils game at an alternate venue, there are several options for the reimbursement of the game. etc. 

Sounds to me like the Devils will be playing in the Yankee Stadium, bring out the parade balloons.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#2 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

We need to find out if this has been printed in previous years and we just haven't noticed it...or is printed on all teams tickets...in case arena difficulties force a change of venue, not necessarily a winter classic.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Could be one of the Europe teams as well.

I've never noticed it before, I believe this is the first year it was sent.  In any case they basically gave you the option to do whatever you wanted, so nobody will be screwed over.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

yes, i didnt get one last year so its an exception. 

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#5 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Well if they start the season in europe well probably get some money back for pre-season games and the one regular season game.

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

My guess is the NHL told all teams to disclose this to STH.. The Flyers got sued over something like this so I'm sure they're just covering their bases
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

My guess is the NHL told all teams to disclose this to STH.. The Flyers got sued over something like this so I'm sure they're just covering their bases

Yeah, that sh!t was golden. Good for that guy getting one over on Comcast.

#8 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Man oh man I hope it's games in Europe. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#9 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

Man oh man I hope it's games in Europe. 

I hope it's neither. I'm no fan of extra travel for the team and the winter classic is probably more of a distraction to the players than anything else and I have a sneaking suspicion Lou feels the same way about it, especially given that you automatically get stuck with HBO cameras for a month because of it.

Of course, I'm not a fan living in Europe, so there's that too.

#10 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yeah I don't expect any NA fan to be jumping of joy if they'd play in Europe...but I'd be ecstatic for obvious reasons.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#11 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Yeah, this seems to be the most plausible explanation right now. I just can't see the league picking the Devils for an outdoor game or other special event. Although, if the league wants marquee players, there are few better to market as playing in a Winter Classic or other outdoor game than Brodeur and Kovy.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#12 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

In the event that the NHL schedules the Devils game at an alternate venue, there are several options for the reimbursement of the game. etc. 

Sounds to me like the Devils will be playing in the Yankee Stadium, bring out the parade balloons.

No way this happens.

We won't be playing in Yankee Stadium because two days before the Pinstripe Bowl takes place!

#13 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,003 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, this seems to be the most plausible explanation right now. I just can't see the league picking the Devils for an outdoor game or other special event. Although, if the league wants marquee players, there are few better to market as playing in a Winter Classic or other outdoor game than Brodeur and Kovy.

Not a Winter Classic but they could easily be a pick for a Europe game.  Hell, the Florida Panthers went to Europe a couple years ago, no reason it won't be our turn eventually unless Lou specifically can request not to do it.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#14 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

No way this happens.

We won't be playing in Yankee Stadium because two days before the Pinstripe Bowl takes place!

The game is not a winter classic. Winter classic is in Michigan. Our game would be on a different weekend.

martyb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users