164 replies to this topic

#121 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

People keep crying about luck, the Devils were lucky to win tonight.  Only Moose and a couple others really deserved the two points.

Not really, the Jets were luckier.   I mean if you're 2-2 and you've only scored 1 goal, you can't get much luckier than that.    Not to mention, the ref picking up Zid's blade when the Jets took a "must call" penalty that led to a chance with about a minute left.

At least the goaltending has been alot better 2 out of the last 3.

#122 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

A win, thank you

Thanks Hedberg

#123 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Pavel Bure?......Oh that's just you Stephen Gionta!

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#124 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Im 2-0 with 3:2 win predictions! :)

#125 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

People keep crying about luck, the Devils were lucky to win tonight.  Only Moose and a couple others really deserved the two points.

Well I don't know, the Devils got the better of the chances. They hit I think two posts and had that crazy deflected shot by Salvador that I have no idea how didn't end up in the net.

and look at the 1st Jets goal. Pure luck. Even Kane's goal just barely snuck in.

Edited by '7', 10 March 2013 - 08:56 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#126 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Good job good win

#127 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Well I don't know, the Devils got the better of the chances. They hit I think two posts and had that crazy deflected shot by Salvador that I have no idea how didn't end up in the net.

that goal off greenes stick was a lucky break  if anything was lucky

#128 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Would've liked a regulation win, but I am not gonna complain with how we've been playing as late. Devils definitely carried the play and had the better chances.  I think Moose deserves some praise here. He really shined in OT and the shootout and allowed us to get that extra point. We'eve won 2 out of 3, but Im not gonna be convinced this slump is over if we dont win Wednesday

#129 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

It has come to my attention via FB that I was shown on TV for 2 or so seconds in the 3rd during the game. Anyone saw me? haha. plaid shirt/gray t shirt under that and my GF was dancing with a jersey on. During whenever that Hendrix song played in the 3rd before faceoff...not sure of time.

Also this game hopefully ups Moose's confeidence. CBGB is still our strongest line.

n2eg.jpg

#130 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

We are coming out of this slump. Should have won by more, but we couldn't capitalize on alot of opportunities. Still, they controlled the majority of this game. Moose came up big in the shootout. And I really liked volchenkov's game today. It's been while since I've said that.

#131 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

We are coming out of this slump. Should have won by more, but we couldn't capitalize on alot of opportunities. Still, they controlled the majority of this game. Moose came up big in the shootout. And I really liked volchenkov's game today. It's been while since I've said that.

Agreed regarding Volchenkov.

#132 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Looks like my hope for a favorable result in the New Jersey Devils versus Winnipeg Jets hockey competition has come to fruition. Huzzah!

#133 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

we have to be the most unlucky team in the NHL right now when it comes to scoring goals. If we get marty and zubs back this team has playoff hoeps for sure though. They are starting to play with a big chip on their shoulder, thats the main positive I take from this lossing stretch.

#134 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

and look at the 1st Jets goal. Pure luck. Even Kane's goal just barely snuck in.

And how about the bounce off the boards that went right to Zajac on our first goal?  People don't look at the breaks when they go for us.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#135 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

And how about the bounce off the boards that went right to Zajac on our first goal?  People don't look at the breaks when they go for us.

That was lucky, but in all honesty there were a few robberies before then anyway. Devils created alot of amazing chances tonight, especially early. It is lucky that those didn't go in.

#136 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Fair, but we hit a ton of posts, and the one post they hit went in. Throw in a weird play by Greenie, and we had more than our fair share of bad luck.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#137 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

starting to look better thank god! hopefully we can pull out another win wednesday night against philly

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#138 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Not sure what you're talking about. Winnipeg was lucky to escape the game not 5-1. A lot of lucky saves by Pavelec and a ridiculously lucky first goal. There were 3-4 very close scoring chances around the crease per period that just didn't find their way into the net.

#139 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Another big crowd at the Rock tonight.

Very good game by the boys tonight, should have been up 4-1, 5-1 in the first, they were that dominant.

Salvador had a strong game, Zidlicky was great, and Bernier is impressive in every game.

Thought Clarkson was terrible once again, I dont know whats going on with him.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#140 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Think Clarky, maybe nicked up some...

3308166.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users