26 replies to this topic

#1 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Have the Devils officially announced they are having Retro Night this year?  I know myself and a lot of others are assuming it is the March 16th game, but has there been any official announcement or references to it from the Devils?  I might have missed it if there was one.

#2 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

I asked the same question yesterday in the 2013 Devils Schedule thread. No one seemed to be able to verify it. Now I'm thinking hardly anyone here read my post. I guess I should've started a new thread for it.

(Not that I was going to go to the game anyway -- I'm still boycotting)

Edited by 95Crash, 11 March 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#3 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

TG doesnt even know. I cant see why they wouldnt wear them.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#4 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

TG doesnt even know. I cant see why they wouldnt wear them.

Earlier in the year, TG posted something about March 16 being retro night, but the team never confirmed it. It doesn't make sense. If they WERE going to wear the retro red and green on Saturday, shouldn't they be marketing the crap out of that by now? What are they waiting for?

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#5 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Earlier in the year, TG posted something about March 16 being retro night, but the team never confirmed it. It doesn't make sense. If they WERE going to wear the retro red and green on Saturday, shouldn't they be marketing the crap out of that by now? What are they waiting for?

If I remember right, the Devils didn't really promote Retro Night last year until only about a week before the actual game.  This year I have not even heard a peep about it and we are about 5 days away from it.

#6 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

I haven't see anything about retro night either.  I'm surprised they would let this tradition die because the fans clearly love it.  Plus, the St. Patty's day/eve game is a perfect setting for it.

Posted Image

#7 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Wow, I just assumed it was going to be on Sat vs MTL.  It doesn't make sense that they would just stop this short tradition they've started.  I plan on wearing my red and green regardless and I'd suspect a lot of fans will too.  Whether the players actually do or not is a great question.

Posted Image

#8 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I don't know why they're keeping this secret, either say it is or it isn't.  Do they think they're going to surprise anyone?  Everyone knows this would be Retro Night although maybe they're scared the building will be half-filled with Habs fans like it usually is on a weekend.

#9 McMullen82

McMullen82

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

TG just tweeted that Devils are NOT wearing the retro jerseys on Saturday

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Odd, but it's not like they 'need' that promo to sell this game out.  Still, it was a nice tradition and should continue.  Maybe Lou's too superstitious and doesn't want to do it now that we lost the last couple retro nights bad :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Well that blows.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#12 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Devils genius marketing strikes again

#13 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Looks like nordiques nation will be invading Saturday ......
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#14 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thats fine, I assume they will root against Montreal and they will be spread out throughout the arena. We have enough season ticket holders throughout the top two levels so there wont be pockets of blue.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#15 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

How?!  Usually the darn building has a ****load of Habs fans as it is on weekends.  This might wind up being a 'neutral-site' game anyway :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#16 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

I will be a nordique on saturday to support the kids. i got my vintage jersey with the tie down to premiere.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#17 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

I guess that guarantees another "sellout" on Saturday.  With the reno's at MSG decreasing their capacity, this might be the first season our average attendance is greater than the Rags .

Posted Image

#18 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

I guess that guarantees another "sellout" on Saturday.  With the reno's at MSG decreasing their capacity, this might be the first season our average attendance is greater than the Rags .

I think it is more the Devils have finally started calculating their attendance numbers the same way the Rags have been doing for years with phantom sellouts.  The game on Sunday was announced as a sellout but there were more than enough empty seats to account for people just not showing up.

#19 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

It really isn't even a matter of seats. The fans embraced the retronight/St Pattys combo with open arms and the tradition should have continued. I was there last year and it was rocking..until of course the reality of the scoreboard kicked in and marty changed his mask.

#20 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'd really like to know why the Devs aren't wearing their retros this season. It's such a simple thing to do, and most of the fans love it.

ZGF, are you really going to wear a Nordique jersey to the game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users