23 replies to this topic

#21 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Wow it just speaks volumes when a nationally televised game against a bitter rival needs to have these promotions.

To be fair, the club seats are priced insanely high...it's not surprising they don't sell at a face value of over $250. Is it a great experience? Do I love sitting there? Yes to both, but no way it's worth $250+ per ticket. Personally, I'm just glad the team has decided to make sure those sections are full (which should create a nice environment in the stadium and will look good on TV) rather than letting those tickets go to waste.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#22 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

To be fair, the club seats are priced insanely high...it's not surprising they don't sell at a face value of over $250. Is it a great experience? Do I love sitting there? Yes to both, but no way it's worth $250+ per ticket. Personally, I'm just glad the team has decided to make sure those sections are full (which should create a nice environment in the stadium and will look good on TV) rather than letting those tickets go to waste.

Yeah, I think they want that section that usually looks sparse to look good on national TV.

Posted Image

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, I think they want that section that usually looks sparse to look good on national TV.

They had this same sale for the Winnipeg game and a couple other games earlier this season too. They were even GIVING them away Sunday lol.

The high-end areas were always going to be a problematic sale in a short season.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 stephanericher44

stephanericher44

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

delete

Edited by stephanericher44, 13 March 2013 - 02:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users