50 replies to this topic

#21 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

We need Marty's puck handling abilities back. That's one intangible Moose cannot give us. It helps out the defense tremendously.

Also no ridiculous hopeless flopping in shootouts

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#22 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Also no ridiculous hopeless flopping in shootouts

I know Hedberg looks awful in the shootout, but he's strangely one of the most successful goalies in them.  Maybe his awful technique is such a surprise that shooters choke. :lol:

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#23 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Marty's coming soon........Here's to the greatest goalie of all-time :yay:

3308166.jpeg

#24 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I know Hedberg looks awful in the shootout, but he's strangely one of the most successful goalies in them.  Maybe his awful technique is such a surprise that shooters choke. :lol:

Yea I've seen those numbers too...just this year, for us...he's looked awful

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#25 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Msweet had the numbness part, Chico had the pinched nerve part.

From what I remember Chico said it was like a rotator cuff or something, of all the things to go to Chico for, medical advice would probably be the last
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#26 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

From what I remember Chico said it was like a rotator cuff or something, of all the things to go to Chico for, medical advice would probably be the last

Am I understanding you correctly?  Are you saying that a pinched nerve and rotator cuff injuries cannot be concurrent?  The rotator cuff has nerves and tendons. One can pinch a nerve in a rotator cuff.  Chico wasn't off base.  He was stating the area of the injury.

http://www.livestron...e-rotator-cuff/

If I misunderstood you then ignore my post.  Sometimes it is difficult to know what one is conveying. :)

btw this hurts like words cannot describe. :wacko:

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#27 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

We need Marty's puck handling abilities back. That's one intangible Moose cannot give us. It helps out the defense tremendously.

I might be in the minority, but I thought Hedberg's puck handling was excellent in the last 12 games minus one bad clearing attempt. He made all the right plays and the ones I wish Marty made. Brodeur might be a better stick handler but that doesn't mean he's a good decision maker. As much good as he brings with some nice passes out of the zone, he makes a lot of bad plays where he neglects his first outlet trying to get to a winger at the boards. And that pass usually never gets there. 

Hedberg got to a lot of pucks and easily made the smart play.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#28 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Am I understanding you correctly?  Are you saying that a pinched nerve and rotator cuff injuries cannot be concurrent?  The rotator cuff has nerves and tendons. One can pinch a nerve in a rotator cuff.  Chico wasn't off base.  He was stating the area of the injury.

http://www.livestron...e-rotator-cuff/

If I misunderstood you then ignore my post.  Sometimes it is difficult to know what one is conveying. :)

btw this hurts like words cannot describe. :wacko:

Then I am very confused, I'm hearing now there's arm soreness/numbness but I could have sworn that on the onset of the injury it was called a tight back or something
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#29 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Get well soon Marty

Edited by Devs1965, 18 March 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#30 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

maybe you missed the point of the thread, but the point is he is well already and ready to start.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#31 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

looks like marty is high on horse tranquilizers, thats no good.

moose has been great the team is not used to playing for butterfly

Posted Image

#32 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

looks like marty is high on horse tranquilizers, thats no good.

moose has been great the team is not used to playing for butterfly

Moose sh!t has a save % of like .880 since he became the starter, that's pretty much average...in 1986

#33 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

guys are walking in on him taking shots all alone.

all those flop-checks is scrambling on a breakaway cause D is getting caught.

Posted Image

#34 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

The D has not been so great either... Bad goaltending (for the most part) and sloppy D isn't going to help our situation along with the trouble going on not being able to score goals.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#35 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

Sounds like Marty will start on Thursday. I hope he gives the team the lift they need to overcome this dominating the game and getting jack for it funk.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#36 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

He cant come back soon enough.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#37 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,654 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Eh, the first game back may be ugly on only 2 practices. I will keep my expectations low, and my hopes high haha.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#38 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

can't be that much worse than the goals moose gave up. at least he knows how to clear the puck without giving it up to the opposition. 

martyb.jpg

#39 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Brodeur starting tomorrow. Let there be light!

martyb.jpg

#40 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

ah excited for his return tomorrow night! finally lol
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users