50 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Sure we have a snow storm coming, but the sky is parting and the sun is shining over Newark:

Expect Martin Brodeur (back) to participate in at least part of the Devils' practice later this morning.

BREAKING: #Brodeur confirms he will start tomorrow night against #Carolina.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 20 March 2013 - 01:38 PM.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#2 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Don't expect him to PLAY any time soon -- but expect him to practice  start in at the Canes - he'll be hurling some great Quebecois insults form the bench - just you wait!  :uni:

"uhhnnn uhnn uhnn -- osti d'kalisse de pourris! huunh huunnh!"

"pute a cinq cennes!  Oui!  Oui vous, ma jolie jeune fille-homme"

Edited by Pepperkorn, 20 March 2013 - 01:57 PM.

I'm here for the party

#3 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hey, if he's practicing today, i expect him to play on Saturday.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#4 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Don't expect him to PLAY any time soon -- but expect him to practice  :uni:

Not even that...expect him to "participate" (exact quote) in the practice.

He may be out there building a fort out of ice shavings or something, for all we know.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#5 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

hahahah guys guys check out what i made. that's great marty, kinda busy here.

if there is one thing i know about the devils, it's that if a person is day to day, we are fvcked for a month, and if brodeur is going to try out for practice, he's good to go and can even start tomorrow night. 

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 18 March 2013 - 09:59 AM.

martyb.jpg

#6 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Great news. I would think if he starts practicing today, we're targeting the Florida game Saturday for the return.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#7 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Marty on the ice with Frazee and Moose.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#8 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Great news. I would think if he starts practicing today, we're targeting the Florida game Saturday for the return.

Probably an accurate timetable...with someone his age though I still worry about a re-tweak or a setback. That's why I think they've babied him so much to this point. Marty of 10 or even 6-7 years ago probably misses 3-4 games max

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

funny thing is, lately - moose hasn't been the problem.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Probably an accurate timetable...with someone his age though I still worry about a re-tweak or a setback. That's why I think they've babied him so much to this point. Marty of 10 or even 6-7 years ago probably misses 3-4 games max

Yeah they've been overly cautious, no doubt, and rightfully so. But there's always a chance of a setback with someone Marty's age, especially with the back. We just have to hope for the best.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#11 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

He had a full practice and said he's not playing tomorrow. I'm guessing Saturday sounds pretty likely.

martyb.jpg

#12 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

So he did officially have a pinched nerve.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#13 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

He had a full practice and said he's not playing tomorrow. I'm guessing Saturday sounds pretty likely.

At long as he plays next monday! i'll drive 6 hours to see my second nhl game live ;)

Next step, a trip a the pru center

#14 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

He said he had a pinched nerve that was causing him to lose feeling in his neck and arm. Pretty sure Msweet said that and someone else scoffed at his source haha

#15 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Not even that...expect him to "participate" (exact quote) in the practice.

He may be out there building a fort out of ice shavings or something, for all we know.

Does Clarkson stumble over it?

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#16 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Msweet had the numbness part, Chico had the pinched nerve part.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#17 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

funny thing is, lately - moose hasn't been the problem.

.926 save% in his last four, no more than two goals allowed in those games.  Crazy to ask any more than that from a 39-year-old who wasn't expected to play nearly as often as he has.

Great that Brodeur may be coming back, but sadly, I'm now viewing this season and next as his farewell tour, where we'll get some memorable games and runs, coupled with some injuries and some tough moments too.  I know he keeps himself in phenomenal shape, no way he could have played for so damned long and for so many games if he didn't, but even the Brodeurs can outrun time for only so long.  Hopefully, he finds a way to win 36 games or more before his deal's up (getting to 700), looks reasonably good doing it, keeps the sad moments to a minimum, then calls it quits.  Then Ranger fans can point out that of the 700 or so wins, 300 of them came by shootout, and in the other 400, Brodeur only faced 12 shots or less per game, because of da trap.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#18 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

funny interview. he seems 100% just needs the conditioning to get the timing right. i'd say thursday but i'm guessing more like saturday.

martyb.jpg

#19 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

atleast hes pretty much back now only have to go through a couple more games with out him.. although i agree moose seems to be doing ok the past few games for the most part.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#20 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

We need Marty's puck handling abilities back. That's one intangible Moose cannot give us. It helps out the defense tremendously.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users