23 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,722 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Pete wasn't involved with the Pando fiasco, and Lou did him a favor buying him out.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Pete wasn't involved with the Pando fiasco, and Lou did him a favor buying him out.

I was more referring to Lou and that is what I said about the buyout, it was a favor to Pando.

My point is that there is no thoughts in this whole org about feelings being hurt or egos cracking, this org doesn't care. You either find joy and happiness from the team's success or gtfo. Lou and ANY coach, PDB or a sack of potatos, is not going to play Hedberg over a young guy just for the sake of Hedberg's, supposed, fragile ego.

Edited by ATLL765, 22 March 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,722 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

It had nothing to do with Hedberg's 'ego' and everything to do with the fact he's still signed through next year, the fact he's well-respected by the rest of the team and the fact that Pete believed a 39-year old vet playing every day gave him a better chance to win than some no-name rookie.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

my personal opinion is the players thought too highly of Hedberg and didnt play as hard for him as they should have. Remember when Clemmonson came in to replace an injured Marty and it seemed the defense played extra hard cause they seemed to know he wasn't the best goalie around and thus made him better. Hedbergs great in a game here or there but not for the long haul. I think one of the rookies being in would have made them play harder and feel more responsibility. Thats what i think is lacking, whoever is in goal, from begining of season when they were winning til now where they seem to be in a cluster-f*** of not working together. Anyone else see that or get what im saying?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users