Photo

Devils Enjoying Surge in Attendance (NYT article)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Im always nervous about parking blocms from the arena and walking at night... I dont know what the surrounding area is really like but me and about 7 buddys went to a game a few years ago somehow someone managed to get us lost and next thing i knew we were in the ghetto.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#22 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Im always nervous about parking blocms from the arena and walking at night... I dont know what the surrounding area is really like but me and about 7 buddys went to a game a few years ago somehow someone managed to get us lost and next thing i knew we were in the ghetto.

#23 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't mess around trying to save twenty bucks on parking for risk that you're car gets busted up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#24 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

You'd have to walk so far out of the way to be in a really bad area. So long as you stay from Halsey to the ironbound, you're fine. Don't walk past Lincoln Park either. Other than that and even then, it's not THAT bad. Past Halsey it heads towards the University Center and the path towards that area is fine, I would avoid anything beyond Norfolk just past NJIT or, like I said, towards Clinton and Elizabeth Ave by Lincoln Park and even then, you're probably fine until you get to the Exxon over there, then it gets sketchy toward Irvine Turner and the 78 on-ramp.

If you want to be close to the arena, but not pay a ton to park, go for the lot on the side street next to the TD between Market and Raymond or look around between Broad and Halsey or just further down on Mulberry. Any of these places you cannot really get lost walking to or from.

#25 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

thanks for the help fellas i will keep all this in mind the next time i drive in.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#26 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

I always park a few blocks down Mulberry for the $15 parking.  There are always a ton of other people making the same walk from the arena so it's safe.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#27 Drifter77

Drifter77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

I always park a few blocks down Mulberry for the $15 parking.  There are always a ton of other people making the same walk from the arena so it's safe.

If you're talking about the lot at 299 Mulberry (next to that court building or whatever it is), you can prepay online for $11.99 at www.parkwhiz.com.  That's what I do and that's where I park.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users