132 replies to this topic

#41 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

good deal, once everyone is healthy cbgb is our 4th line again.

#42 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Top News

Devils trade the entire 2013 draft to Buffalo in exchange for a conditional outdoor game. More to follow

But seriously, will we have any picks this year?!? Lol

Edit: All picks are for 2015. Sounds good to me

Edited by Colin226, 22 March 2013 - 11:42 AM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#43 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Idk, you are overreaching with that complaint. Throwing 5th rounders around for NHL ready players is not bad at all.

and i was talking in general too not specifically about this trade. Im okay with this trade personally

www.SterioDesign.com

#44 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

well i watched him play a lot cause he was playing for montreal... he had good moments and bad moments... more bad ones though

And the year after he left he put in 21 goals. But you're so terribly quick on making up your mind on how good a young, developing player is that you'll ignore that nugget of truth.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#45 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

I prefer whole foods

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#46 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Poni-Loktionov-Kovalchuk

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson

Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini

Carter-Gio/JJ-Bernier

How sweet is that?

#47 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Great move imo. Very low risk and it's not for any of this year's picks. Hell, it's not even for any of next year's picks haha. Could turn into another steal for us and even if it doesn't, oh well.

oKCiNj.jpg

#48 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Poni-Loktionov-Kovalchuk

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson

Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini

Carter-Gio/JJ-Bernier

How sweet is that?

Swap Zubrus with Poni and I like it! Poni destroyed that first line for the last few weeks.

EDIT: I just hope this trade wasnt meant for replacing Poni, hopefully hes healthy soon.

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 March 2013 - 11:46 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#49 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Swap Zubrus with Poni and I like it! Poni destroyed that first line for the last few weeks.

EDIT: I just hope this trade wasnt meant for replacing Poni, hopefully hes healthy soon.

He's out on the ice for practice 

Devils just starting to take ice for practice. Alexei Ponikarovsky (lower-body) back on the ice today after missing last night's game.

#50 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

He's out on the ice for practice 

Devils just starting to take ice for practice. Alexei Ponikarovsky (lower-body) back on the ice today after missing last night's game.

Beautiful!

believe-zubrus.jpg

#51 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Andy Strickland
@andystrickland

#Devils fans should know they're getting a quality person and player in Matt D'agostini. Very popular guy in the dressing room #stlblues

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 March 2013 - 12:02 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#52 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm not a fan of D'Agostini's but this is a guy who's basically another Bobby Butler, albeit more expensive.  I also don't like that Pesonen was the guy sent down instead of clown-shoes Sestito.  Also to qualify D'Agostini the Devils would have to send him a QO of almost $2M, which seems incomprehensible.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#53 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I prefer whole foods

:doh1:  O's Ohhhhhh's not i

but anyhow ... so... :unsure:  is the Cup really ours now? :huh:

I'm here for the party

#54 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Lou stikes again

I think who is trying to see how many contracts he needs to hand out this off season. 

We have 11 RFA/UFA on the NHL roster right now.

Then there is Joferson / Teds / Kinkaid / frazee plus more in the minors. Bust off season for lou

Edited by socbrian, 22 March 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#55 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Andy Strickland
@andystrickland

#Devils fans should know they're getting a quality person and player in Matt D'agostini. Very popular guy in the dressing room #stlblues

I've been told I'm very personable as well.  Hopefully we'll be getting Ted Ginn's family as a throw in.

Edited by Daniel, 22 March 2013 - 12:10 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#56 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

And the year after he left he put in 21 goals. But you're so terribly quick on making up your mind on how good a young, developing player is that you'll ignore that nugget of truth.

Not having time to look it up, I wonder if someone on the Blues got hurt that year, then D'Agostini got some time on a line that he ordinarily wouldn't have.  His numbers that season were almost a quantum leap over the rest of his career.  SOG per game were up a little that season, but not that much. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#57 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Well at least he has some speed and Blues fans are saying he has a very good shot. Hopefully he sticks unlike Butler.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#58 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm not a fan of D'Agostini's but this is a guy who's basically another Bobby Butler, albeit more expensive.  I also don't like that Pesonen was the guy sent down instead of clown-shoes Sestito.  Also to qualify D'Agostini the Devils would have to send him a QO of almost $2M, which seems incomprehensible.

clown shoes plays center and josefson is hurt. i think that's all you need to know there. they don't want elias/zajac/loktionov/henrique out of the top 6.

I've been told I'm very personable as well.  Hopefully we'll be getting Ted Ginn's family as a throw in.

haha! bitter dolphins fan strikes again.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#59 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

He's faster and has proven to be more productive than Butler

#60 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

clown shoes plays center and josefson is hurt. i think that's all you need to know there. they don't want elias/zajac/loktionov/henrique out of the top 6.

sure, but you can play a third line of carter-henrique-d'agostini that's capable of playing 11-12 minutes at ES without falling all over itself.  i guess i'm presuming that ponikarovsky would be back for this to happen.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users