#61 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Poni might be injured for a while.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#62 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Poni might be injured for a while.

He skated today.  Unless it's some kind of condition that won't fix itself, could get worse, and if it does get worse, would require surgery, this seems unlikely.  The Devils also have not IR'd him, choosing instead to send down Pesonen.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#63 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Devils add another unwanted spare part in D'Agostini now destined for top-six minutes, PP glory and playoff run as per Devils handbook.

#64 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

sure, but you can play a third line of carter-henrique-d'agostini that's capable of playing 11-12 minutes at ES without falling all over itself.  i guess i'm presuming that ponikarovsky would be back for this to happen.

fair enough - but again, i think that CBGB has shown them enough that they want to keep them together and until ponikarovsky is back for sure, henrique has to stay in the top 6.

as was stated earlier, i think current thinking when all healthy:

ponikarovsky-loktionov-kovalchuk

elias-zajac-clarkson

zubrus-henrique-d'agostini

carter-josefson-bernier (getting josefson over gionta is going to be a major hurdle for PDB and Lou to climb mentally)

tallinder-greene

salvador-zidlicky

volchenkov-fayne (i don't know what doghouse fayne is in, but he's gotta get out of it and larsson should sit for a while)

larsson/harrold

Edited by sundstrom, 22 March 2013 - 12:33 PM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#65 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Excellent deal by Lou!  D'Agostini has a great shot and is a solid player

Edited by devlman, 22 March 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#66 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

fair enough - but again, i think that CBGB has shown them enough that they want to keep them together and until ponikarovsky is back for sure, henrique has to stay in the top 6.

as was stated earlier, i think current thinking when all healthy:

ponikarovsky-loktionov-kovalchuk

elias-zajac-clarkson

zubrus-henrique-d'agostini

carter-josefson-bernier (getting josefson over gionta is going to be a major hurdle for PDB and Lou to climb mentally)

greene-tallinder

salvador-zidlicky

volchenkov-fayne (i don't know what doghouse fayne is in, but he's gotta get out of it and larsson should sit for a while)

larsson/harrold

That Carter Josefson Benrier line was really solid late last year before JoJo got breathed on and got hurt. I would like to see that line as well.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#67 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Not having time to look it up, I wonder if someone on the Blues got hurt that year, then D'Agostini got some time on a line that he ordinarily wouldn't have.  His numbers that season were almost a quantum leap over the rest of his career.  SOG per game were up a little that season, but not that much. 

Oshie, McDonald and Perron missed a lot of time that year and before they traded for Stewart & Shattenkirk you have to assume D'Agostini got a lot of ice time. He was pretty steady around 16 minutes per game and got PP time.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#68 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Another deal with little downside by Lou.  Well done, even if it only turns out to be a depth move.

Posted Image

#69 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Devils add another unwanted spare part in D'Agostini now destined for top-six minutes, PP glory and playoff run as per Devils handbook.

ahahaha as bitter as he sounds, he finally admitted that we can replace stars with garbage and somehow make it work.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#70 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Henrique as a 3rd liner?    Right now he's the team's primary scorer.    This is a deck-chair move and nothing more.

Edited by maxpower, 22 March 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#71 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Henrique as a 3rd liner?    Right now he's the team's primary scorer.    This is a deck-chair move and nothing more.

Don't think of it as a "3rd line". Deboer rolls 3 lines at ES and we know Henrique will get PP/PK time

#72 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I can't see them getting over the Gionta hump - healthy, he's in the lineup.  

Yeah I'm sure that 25% shooting percentage is bound to stay where it is.  It's not deck chair re-arranging if you don't give up anything.  

#73 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

I can't see them getting over the Gionta hump - healthy, he's in the lineup.  

Yeah I'm sure that 25% shooting percentage is bound to stay where it is.  It's not deck chair re-arranging if you don't give up anything.  

The majority of them are garbage goals and shooting percentage doesn't count outright misses, which he's had a bunch of this season.   His actual % is lower considering he doesn't take many shots

Edited by maxpower, 22 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#74 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Looking at his stats, I'm pretty encouraged. He has had abysmal luck the last few years and is averaging less than 12 minutes a game on an offensively challenged Blues team. If anything, it gives us another right handed shooter and added depth. He probably won't score 20 again, but if he puts up 12-15 goals and 30ish points, that's a solid player

Edited by SMantzas, 22 March 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#75 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

someone used these lines on fire and ice blog:

henrique-lokti-kovalchuk (awesome)

elias-zajac-clarkson

poni-zub-d'ag

cbgb

Devils.

#76 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

sure, but you can play a third line of carter-henrique-d'agostini that's capable of playing 11-12 minutes at ES without falling all over itself.  i guess i'm presuming that ponikarovsky would be back for this to happen.

I for one thinks it's not insignificant that you considered him, then ruled him out. Or at least didn't have the sack to post him as an option Langue31.gif

BUT - that's why if things dont work out you can let him walk.

Do you think he's OK as a little playoff filler?

I think Tri should become the boards Conte - (then there also the added secret pleasure of some guys mispronouncing your title to make themselves feel better.. silent e.. heh heh get it - because they're mad at you and stuff...  :mellow:

ANYHOW Triumph - you have to post your scouting thoughts before the Devils acquire someone so we can all scream about getting a viable options rather than screaming for Tony Amonte giggle.gif I'm on an old-timer roll!

deck chair re-arranging - good one!  I must be in a Tri mood today or something... :huh:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 22 March 2013 - 01:04 PM.

I'm here for the party

#77 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

The majority of them are garbage goals and shooting percentage doesn't count outright misses, which he's had a bunch of this season.   His actual % is lower considering he doesn't take many shots

Okay, cool.  (And he is being given credit for a lot of misses)  Do you think he can sustain anything like this rate going forward?  Because I don't.  And I don't think he's playing particularly well otherwise.

#78 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

@TGfireandice
Lamoriello said he sees D'Agostini as a 2nd or 3rd line RW, adds to forward depth.

Hopefully it lights a fire under Clarksons butt.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#79 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

This is probably it for trades now until the offseason. I expect some more changes this offseason for obvious reasons and trying to improve the offensive makeup of the lines.

I dont see the Devils keeping the whole slew of UFA/RFA guys as well.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#80 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

I would assume one of the conditions is whether or not the Devils re-sign him this off season...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users