132 replies to this topic

#121 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

it was to give it #16 to holik when holik came back.

i doubt there are many josefson jerseys but #9 is available and was already used this year, don't know why they wouldn't go in that direction but whatever. 

i've seen at least 3 and i was leaning towards getting one myself if he stayed on the team this year. a lot of people like the new guys (as proof of the 3 krieder jerseys you saw at Tuesday's game). that's a good point with 9 - would've made more sense to give that one to d'agostini.

although i just checked and he's worn 36 throughout his career. now, i don't know that it has any meaning whatsoever and I'd give it a 2% chance that he spoke with the equipment managers, but perhaps that was considered and so they gave him the 6. i am likely reaching - a lot. but that's the point of jersey numbers and me.

If a guy's position in the organization is not set I don't see why anyone would really care what the guy's uniform number is.  Hell, Marty wore #29 when he came up.  And even recently Fayne went from #34 to #29.

fayne's 34 was from his first year call up as an injury replacement - i don't think the devils expected him to stay at all. and once he became a regular, he had to get under 30 anyway - that's a bit different.

let me put it this way - josefson has played enough over two seasons now where i believe 16 is his until he's out of the organization (unless someone more "senior" comes in that wore 16 previously).

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#122 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Henrique hasn't really been generating anything, he is in the right position for garbage goals but that will be streaky. He needs to get more shots and produce more zone pressure. He had an extra jump last year, hopefully that comes back.

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 March 2013 - 04:20 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#123 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

i've seen at least 3 and i was leaning towards getting one myself if he stayed on the team this year. a lot of people like the new guys (as proof of the 3 krieder jerseys you saw at Tuesday's game). that's a good point with 9 - would've made more sense to give that one to d'agostini.

although i just checked and he's worn 36 throughout his career. now, i don't know that it has any meaning whatsoever and I'd give it a 2% chance that he spoke with the equipment managers, but perhaps that was considered and so they gave him the 6. i am likely reaching - a lot. but that's the point of jersey numbers and me.

fayne's 34 was from his first year call up as an injury replacement - i don't think the devils expected him to stay at all. and once he became a regular, he had to get under 30 anyway - that's a bit different.

let me put it this way - josefson has played enough over two seasons now where i believe 16 is his until he's out of the organization (unless someone more "senior" comes in that wore 16 previously).

Yeah, JJ has played enough games in that number where if he got called up, he'd take it back most likely. I think this is an interesting thought and could mean JJ is being shopped or is seen to be lost for the season at the least.

I think they don't want to give #9 to just anyone, they figured if Butler was gonna work out, he'd keep it and he'd be a scorer, Lou strikes me as an old school guy who might want to reserve the #9 for more of a scorer, as such is sort of the tradition in giving someone Rocket Richard's number. Just a thought.

Edited by ATLL765, 22 March 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#124 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Give him a shot. He didn't exactly play on great Blues or Canadiens teams.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#125 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

If they use him on the 2nd PP unit where they had Butler he will snipe some goals.  He has a great release and can hit either side of the goaltender from his proper wing.  I expect immediate production on that PP unit.

#126 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

love this deal....5th rounder is most likely nothing anyway and we get a solid player to stick on the 4th or 3rd line if needed
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#127 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Lou has been working magic with dealing 5th rounders... Hopefully, D'agostini keeps it going.  I think he's either or going to fit or he's going to be another Butler.  To me, Butler seemed like he was uncoachable and didn't want to take to the Devils style and that was most likely the reason he ended up back in Albany to start the season.  Fingers crossed for D'agostini.

#128 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'm sure line combo ideas have been posted, but I'm imagining something like this if/when we ever ice a fully healthy roster: Ponikarovsky-Loktionov-Kovalchuk Elias-Zajac-Clarkson Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini Carter-Gionta-Bernier Extras: Kostopolous, Barch
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#129 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

I'm sure line combo ideas have been posted, but I'm imagining something like this if/when we ever ice a fully healthy roster: Ponikarovsky-Loktionov-Kovalchuk Elias-Zajac-Clarkson Zubrus-Henrique-D'Agostini Carter-Gionta-Bernier Extras: Kostopolous, Barch

Id swap Zubrus with Poni. Poni was horrible on the first line for a few weeks, he weighed down Lokti and Kovy. Zubrus would be a better fit and Poni is best on the 3rd line.

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 March 2013 - 11:29 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#130 McMullen82

McMullen82

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

I don't know if D'Agostini is the answer but I'm in favor of at least giving him a shot on the wing opposite Elias in place of Clarkson. Why Clarkson remains almost a fixture with Elias is beyond me given how poorly they've fared together of late. The lack of right wingers may have prevented a change there but it shouldn't anymore.

#131 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

Not sure if anyone posted yet or caught it but he was at least listed as #16 on the team website last night..

#132 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Not sure if anyone posted yet or caught it but he was at least listed as #16 on the team website last night..

See ya later Josefson?

#133 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

You guys should go back a page ;)

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users