124 replies to this topic

#81 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I was just trying to inject some humor in a pretty ba situation lol.

Honestly I think he will be out minimum two weeks but probably closer to four to six.

At this point I'd sign for 2-4 and pray we get Zubrus back fast enough to where we could at least compensate for a month if Marty can stay out of the rocking chair and stop giving us Moose puckhandling flashbacks :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 March 2013 - 09:36 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#82 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Injuries to your best player sometimes gells a team more. Look at Ottawa... 

Sad to see kovy get hurt, sucks, but the world isn't over and we still have hockey to be played 

#83 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Sad to see kovy get hurt, sucks, but the world isn't over and we still have hockey to be played

This is how I feel. I'm at least willing to wait and see a few games before hitting the panic button.

#84 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

I remember earlier this season the Rags Callahan suffered what looked like a very severe shoulder injury during a fight and only missed like 2-3 games. Hopefully we'll be just as fortunate.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#85 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

I know this is off topic but we all root for the same team in the arena lets act like we care for eachother outside of the arena too. Tonight I saw eratic driving by several cars leaving parking lots as I was exiting the arena and I literally saw an old couple who had their young grandchild with them put in serious danger because of stupid teen drivers. A little patience can go a long way. We've already had one tragic accident after a game this year let's all try and prevent another one.

#86 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I know this is off topic but we all root for the same team in the arena lets act like we care for eachother outside of the arena too. Tonight I saw eratic driving by several cars leaving parking lots as I was exiting the arena and I literally saw an old couple who had their young grandchild with them put in serious danger because of stupid teen drivers. A little patience can go a long way. We've already had one tragic accident after a game this year let's all try and prevent another one.

"But I need to answer my text!!!"

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#87 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Or the Penguins without Malkin/Letang.  

Thing is, we were bad without Marty and Zubrus so I'm not sure how optomistic I can be if they're without Kovy for even the rest of the regular season.

#88 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Or the Penguins without Malkin/Letang.  

Thing is, we were bad without Marty and Zubrus so I'm not sure how optomistic I can be if they're without Kovy for even the rest of the regular season.

Our bad play had a lot to do with who was in net. While we'll suffer offensively we've still got some offense.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#89 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Luckily they don't use him right, so it softens the blow.

#90 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Worst day of my life... I went to ottawa this weeked 7 hours of driving having awesome ticket.... And the one i came to see is likely gonna miss the game! I cant tell you how crap i feel. I still hope he an play but i dont like my chance... Hope i can do the warmup anything i just want to see him so badly

#91 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Luckily they don't use him right, so it softens the blow.

I'm sure that him shooting 6% at even strength is because he plays at right wing.  he'd be back up around 17% if they used him right.

It won't hurt NJ at even strength that Kovalchuk is out (besides replacing the minutes which won't be easy), but on special teams, those will both suffer.

Edited by Triumph, 24 March 2013 - 01:14 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#92 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

That was one of the most boring games ive ever watched. Thank god I didn't pay to see that live.

#93 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

I'm sure that him shooting 6% at even strength is because he plays at right wing.  he'd be back up around 17% if they used him right.

It won't hurt NJ at even strength that Kovalchuk is out (besides replacing the minutes which won't be easy), but on special teams, those will both suffer.

RW definitely has an effect on his shooting %.   It's going to be a disaster on the kill because unless there was a recent slump, he was running around even.   Which is remarkable with some of the goaltending/defensively play we've gotten.    He's gotten legitmately good at it.

#94 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

Is that Mattias Tedenby's music?

Oh, no it isn't.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#95 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

I don't understand why you keep downplaying the importance if playing in your natural position. If you'd seen Kovys interviews after the horror-season from hell and what he said about having to play RW... It truly boggles the mind why anyone would sign one of the best snipers in the world, pay him 9-10 million a year, and then make him play out if position.
Posted Image

#96 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

I hope Kovy isn't out for as long time. I won't believe Lou's medical report. If the 5 minute PP is an example of what happens to the PP if Kovy is missing we need new coaches.

#97 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

If Kovy is out, I dont see how we make the playoffs.

The Devils schedule in April is brutal.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#98 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I don't understand why you keep downplaying the importance if playing in your natural position. If you'd seen Kovys interviews after the horror-season from hell and what he said about having to play RW... It truly boggles the mind why anyone would sign one of the best snipers in the world, pay him 9-10 million a year, and then make him play out if position.

He has also said quite the opposite after having a good season on RW (ie last year). He encouraged Ovechkin to stick with it early in the season.

Edited by Marshall, 24 March 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#99 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Iam also as concerned as anyone else I was there as soon as I saw him go down and not get up i almost sh!t my pants... There's no doubt about it that he is a HUGE part of this team with everything he does ... But we are all fans of the "team" he is just one player on it... We survived (kinda)without Marty for the past month they are not going to just call it quits and throw I'm the towel now because kovy is hurt... They're a team everyone else is going to have to step up and play some better hockey. We shouldn't have to be in a situation to where we lose one guy and the entire season is just screwed over it. As I said I know his importance here (obviously) but geesh let's try to have some faith here fellas... Zubrus where are you... :/
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#100 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Iam also as concerned as anyone else I was there as soon as I saw him go down and not get up i almost sh!t my pants... There's no doubt about it that he is a HUGE part of this team with everything he does ... But we are all fans of the "team" he is just one player on it... We survived (kinda)without Marty for the past month they are not going to just call it quits and throw I'm the towel now because kovy is hurt... They're a team everyone else is going to have to step up and play some better hockey. We shouldn't have to be in a situation to where we lose one guy and the entire season is just screwed over it. As I said I know his importance here (obviously) but geesh let's try to have some faith here fellas... Zubrus where are you... :/

This team needs 20 more points (16 games left) to be secure and "surviving" like they did (8 points in 13 games) without Marty would most likely mean missing the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users