77 replies to this topic

#61 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

As far as trades, I think it's Tally for a third line winger type deal or bust. Not going to get much more than that, and we have a million third line wingers as is.

#62 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

As far as trades, I think it's Tally for a third line winger type deal or bust. Not going to get much more than that, and we have a million third line wingers as is.

Tally for a 3rd line winger will only happen if Lou renews his contract with Satan.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#63 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

We'd be lucky to get a 4th or 5th rounder for Tallinder.  He's an older defenseman on a significant contract for one more year.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#64 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Tremendous loss.  These next few weeks will show exactly what this team is made of.  They can overcome it, but their D and goaltneding better be unbelieveable during this stretch.

Posted Image

#65 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

The thing that really is torturous about this is having such a deep team if everyone was healthy this year. 

What kind of luck does it take to have 8 NHL defensemen and be super thin at forward while continuing to lose forwards to injury? I mean, we were praying a D got hurt so we could at least get some consistency.

#66 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,889 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

The thing that really is torturous about this is having such a deep team if everyone was healthy this year. 

What kind of luck does it take to have 8 NHL defensemen and be super thin at forward while continuing to lose forwards to injury? I mean, we were praying a D got hurt so we could at least get some consistency.

I really can't complain about the team's luck.  Brodeur is 40 years old, it isn't a surprise that he would be injured - he hasn't gotten through a season without an injury since 2010.  Zubrus and Ponikarovsky are well into their 30s, Tallinder too.  All in all, most of the key players have stayed healthy.  And thinking back to last year when the Devils got through the playoffs with only Tallinder and Josefson as players who missed the majority of the postseason - hard to get upset.

Plus there's simply more forwards than defensemen.  It's more likely that they get hurt.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#67 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Lets Go Devils !

3308166.jpeg

#68 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

I was praying they'd trade a D for forward help because of that very problem.  Even after a trade, one injury to a D wouldn't be killer.  Heck, our ninth D option now is probably better than some of what teams are actually icing.  But we were already lacking and without depth at forward as it was.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#69 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Play Harrold or Larsson as a forward. No other choice right now, unless you want to play that stud Cam Janssen.

#70 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,889 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

The Devils picked up an entire 3rd line for basically nothing.  Their depth chart is:

LW:  Elias, Zubrus, Ponikarovsky, Carter, Pesonen

C:  Zajac, Henrique, Loktionov, Gionta, Josefson

RW:  Kovalchuk, Clarkson, D'Agostini, Bernier, Kostopoulos

w/ Matteau as a possible taxi squad sort of guy when his season's over, Barch who's a goon who doesn't fall all over himself, and Sestito for a non-goon who does fall all over himself.  

If they want to trade a defender in the off-season to recoup one of these picks, fine, but I think they've done quite well to avoid having to do that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#71 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

you cant hit on all of your first rounders, especially in the 20s but the unproductivity of JJ and Tedy hurts a bit. you would have hoped to get lucky and have at least one of them turn into a second liner nhl forward.  over all we're doing OK for a rebuilding period!  and who'd a thunk marty would be playing this well 2-1/2 years ago!

#72 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Play Harrold or Larsson as a forward. No other choice right now, unless you want to play that stud Cam Janssen.

Harold or Larsson as a forward? What that wouldnt happen is this a joke?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#73 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

Harold or Larsson as a forward? What that wouldnt happen is this a joke?

Harrold can play forward, he has played forward for us.  Larsson however, could not play forward...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#74 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I stand corrected! I did not know harrold could play both spots. Although sometimes I feel like zidlicky gets confused and doesn't remember he's a Dman he's been pushing the zone alot lately..I like it
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#75 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Harrold can play forward in an emergency, but you don't want him there more than a game or two.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#76 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

He has scored 2 goals from the point. Try to do something like Burns in San Jose, at least for some time, until we get Poni/Zubs/Kovy back.

#77 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

elias on point, i predict a multi goal pp unit.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#78 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Kovy is done for the season.  Take that to the bank.  With that being said, if we can squeak into the playoffs, and get a healthy Kovy, Poni, and Zubes back, we may be in business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users