30 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Michigan was eliminated (once again Feisty you're doing yeomans work) hopefully Lou gets him signed. Any chance he would get a few games at the end of the year? Probably not because he's missed so much time, but an interesting thought.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

I definitely want to see this kid locked up already
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

With all his prior issues that very well may happen.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

With all his prior issues that very well may happen.

Lol I meant signed
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,546 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

If NJ signed Merrill, I imagine the contract would start in 2013-14 - can't remember the last time they signed a contract where this wasn't the case.  He would be eligible to play for the Albany Devils.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#6 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Aren't we at 50 after we claimed the Greek guy and signed Boucher?

#7 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

If NJ signed Merrill, I imagine the contract would start in 2013-14 - can't remember the last time they signed a contract where this wasn't the case.  He would be eligible to play for the Albany Devils.

True.  But I think they could bring him in on  a "tryout contract" for the remainder of the AHL season.  I think they will do the same with Boucher once his CHL season ends.

Posted Image

#8 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,546 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Aren't we at 50 after we claimed the Greek guy and signed Boucher?

Boucher's not there this year.  Neither would Merrill be.  Surprised NJ is at 48, though, I guess they did acquire 4 guys + Matteau's deal didn't slide..

Edited by Triumph, 24 March 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#9 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Boucher's not there this year.  Neither would Merrill be.  Surprised NJ is at 48, though, I guess they did acquire 4 guys + Matteau's deal didn't slide..

Okay, in that case.   They're at 37 if they retain every RFA.   Which they probably won't.

#10 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,213 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

https://twitter.com/...239890331365376

"David Conte, vice president of the #NJDevils, told me today the ball is in Jon Merrill's court now. The Devils expect decision soon."

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#11 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

did the Devils made an offer to Merrill ? what is that guy talking about?

per Matt Slovin

David Conte, vice president of the #NJDevils, told me today the ball is in Jon Merrill's court now. The Devils expect decision soon.

i dont know who Matt Slovin is either.

www.SterioDesign.com

#12 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Devils said last year and this that if Merrill wanted to go pro, they would offer him the contract. So that's the ball in his court. Once he shows interest in turning pro, they will give him a contract to sign.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#13 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,546 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

matt slovin is the michigan university beat writer.  i forget how the process works because of the lol NCAA but i think merrill has to declare he's going pro, then the devils can offer him a contract.

michigan is a sinking ship anyway, trouba is probably leaving, doesn't seem like that good of a team right now.

#14 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

matt slovin is the michigan university beat writer. i forget how the process works because of the lol NCAA but i think merrill has to declare he's going pro, then the devils can offer him a contract.

michigan is a sinking ship anyway, trouba is probably leaving, doesn't seem like that good of a team right now.

The fact that Michigan sucked and probably will suck next year bodes well for us.

#15 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

FWIW if you go to the conversation that Feisty retweeted, another Michigan beat writer says 80 percent Merrill is leaving. Another guy claims to have spoken to Merrill's father and concluded the same thing. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#16 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

how the heck did the wolverines beat western Mich and Miami???  they looked horrible this year

what happened to the great Slubowski??!!

#17 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

He really doesn't gain anything by staying at this point.  He's physically ready to play pro hockey and shouldn't risk a career ending injury (which could have happened to him this season had the neck injury been slightly worse) by remaining in school. 

Posted Image

#18 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Per Bob McKenzie

NJD prospect Jon Merrill, also a Univ of Michigan D, is also taking a couple of days to decide on his immediate future. Merrill is a Junior.

nothing new really he's just reporting it too

www.SterioDesign.com

#19 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

He really doesn't gain anything by staying at this point.  He's physically ready to play pro hockey and shouldn't risk a career ending injury (which could have happened to him this season had the neck injury been slightly worse) by remaining in school. 

He gains plenty if he doesn't want to be a Devil and/or wants to pick where he can go.  One more year and he can pull a Justin Schultz. 

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#20 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

He gains plenty if he doesn't want to be a Devil and/or wants to pick where he can go.  One more year and he can pull a Justin Schultz. 

I'm so tired of hearing this crap. Explain to me how that is a likely scenario given the number of prospects relative to the total number of players drafted, who chose that route over signing with the team that drafted them. If you can't do that and have the results show that it's a not only a possible outcome, but a plausible one, then please, put a lid on it.

Edited by ATLL765, 25 March 2013 - 03:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users