169 replies to this topic

#121 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

well im kinda eating my words here... henrique's attempt wasn't even close.

fvck, 34-14 in SOG, favoring the Devs and we STILL cant get a win? are you kidding me??

nice game, but why the fvck aren't we putting the puck in the net

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#122 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Kept pace with Toronto for 6th and added a point to the margin over the Rags in 8th.  So that's good...extra point floated away on Henrique's OT whiff, that wasn't good.

#123 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

The Devils are a scary bad team without Kovalchuk. They were lucky to get a point.

That wasn't a bad game at all for the last 51 minutes.  They outshot Ottawa by 20 in their building - okay that might be a little dubious counting but the fact is they had plenty of chances to win.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 March 2013 - 09:20 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#124 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

The Devils are a scary bad team without Kovalchuk. They were lucky to get a point.

this is bullsh!t, did you watch?? Ottawa never dominated this game, i don't know why you would say that.. look at the shots if you need a stat. 34-14

#125 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

cant tell if youre serious or not. we outplayed them 2 outta 3 periods and was pretty even in OT. Like you said before you might be watching a different game. it was on MSG+

#126 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

There were no specials in this game, the first time you noticed Kovy was missing was in the first 90 seconds of OT... and it was apparent pretty quick

Edited by maxpower, 25 March 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#127 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

By Pete's own admission they never practice the shootout, and didn't practice the shootout last year when they were godly at it. They probably should practice the shootout now that they don't have Kovy and Parise to save their ***es in it.

Well their record and the devils shooters feeble attempts should have clicked with the coaching staff long ago that they should practice at least a little bit. Just skating head on towards the goalie and taking a shot without forcing the goalie to move isn't gonna win many shootouts.

#128 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

:doh1:  :doh1:  :doh1: :doh1:  

#129 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

super impressed with Zid tonight though, he looked like a forward out there

#130 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Well their record and the devils shooters feeble attempts should have clicked with the coaching staff long ago that they should practice at least a little bit. Just skating head on towards the goalie and taking a shot without forcing the goalie to move isn't gonna win many shootouts.

Their goalies are relics.   Practicing on Marty and Moose would do nothing against this gigantic overpadded monster.   Still logic should kick in and 3 of the 4 guys shouldn't be walking in to shoot.

#131 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

I see a lot of you guys are pulling out the shots on goal stat.. But frankly, we're not seeing many quality chances.

Posted Image

#132 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Too bad we lost, Devils deserved better... We've been the better team both games against Ottawa. If we were playing like Sens all you'd hear is trap trap trap. They barely left their own zone the whole game. Not that I blame them with all the injuries.

Posted Image

#133 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Practicing the shootout won't do anything. These guys have done breakaways their whole lives. You aren't really going to get bishop out of position. They were looking holes in his stance before he had time to go butterfly.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#134 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Disappointed after that shoot out ...not over getting the extra point but because we didnt catch a win after playing what I would consider a much better game then to be expected, really thought we were the better of the two teams threw periods 2/3 ... Oh well atleast we got one point I guess.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#135 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,758 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

I see a lot of you guys are pulling out the shots on goal stat.. But frankly, we're not seeing many quality chances.

Neither was Ottawa.  And that's the point.  Devils controlled the game for long stretches, forced their D into all sorts of turnovers.  Clarkson had hands for feet tonight otherwise he mighta had a couple of goals.  Devils were just fine without Kovalchuk and like max said, the OT was much different without him, but this game was played almost entirely 5 on 5 and he wasn't missed.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#136 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hard to look past that SOG statistic, but I think we all knew how difficult this game would be... glad they got a point. If they could come on down to Florida and wreak havoc, that'd be much appreciated.

#137 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Neither was Ottawa. And that's the point. Devils controlled the game for long stretches, forced their D into all sorts of turnovers. Clarkson had hands for feet tonight otherwise he mighta had a couple of goals. Devils were just fine without Kovalchuk and like max said, the OT was much different without him, but this game was played almost entirely 5 on 5 and he wasn't missed.

Or maybe he would have gotten us that third goal at ES. Or maybe he would have had a brain fart and given up a break away and we would have lost in regulation. There is no way of knowing.

But, if it's a choice between having or not having our most skilled forward who gets the most ice time a game for a forward by far, I'd rather have him at even strength, on the powerplay, short handed, or 4 on 4. They're a worse team without him in whatever situation you want to choose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#138 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,758 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Or maybe he would have gotten us that third goal at ES. Or maybe he would have had a brain fart and given up a break away and we would have lost in regulation. There is no way of knowing. But, if it's a choice between having or not having our most skilled forward who gets the most ice time a game for a forward by far, I'd rather have him at even strength, on the powerplay, short handed, or 4 on 4. They're a worse team without him in whatever situation you want to choose. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They're not substantially worse 5 on 5, if they're worse at all.  Losing Salvador and Gionta was certainly a boost to the team too.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#139 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

They're not substantially worse 5 on 5, if they're worse at all.  Losing Salvador and Gionta was certainly a boost to the team too.

Definitely noticed that. It took a few shifts but the team adjusted and played a lot better as a whole without those two.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#140 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Or maybe he would have gotten us that third goal at ES. Or maybe he would have had a brain fart and given up a break away and we would have lost in regulation. There is no way of knowing. But, if it's a choice between having or not having our most skilled forward who gets the most ice time a game for a forward by far, I'd rather have him at even strength, on the powerplay, short handed, or 4 on 4. They're a worse team without him in whatever situation you want to choose. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They're not substantially worse 5 on 5, if they're worse at all. Losing Salvador and Gionta was certainly a boost to the team too.

Until you can recreate the game with a particular player who wasn't there you or I just don't know. Hell, he might be out for the rest of the year and we'll win the Cup, but I can say we would have won the Cup in 16 games had we had him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users