Jagr for Tedenby?

#22 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

The key to getting a player from Dallas is to find the best offer and then give less.

#23 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

I would prefer this team to get younger rather then older. We are already one of the oldest (if not the oldest) teams in the NHL.

Someone like a Mike Cammalleri would be a great fit on this team. Young, a beast in the playoffs and could actually fit in our top six (or really on any top six.) Also presumably with the Flames going to be active at the deadline he might be easy to get. (Not sure if cheap but I doubt Cammalleri be an expensive option to be had)

n2eg.jpg

#24 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,269 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Could we trade with Carolina and bring in Rod Brind'Amour?      Get Stevens out there too...    and then turn back the clock to ~1995.

Hold on, I'll post this on B/R and then it will be legit.

'Hot Rod and Great Scott!  Devils deals land time machine'

Edited by aylbert, 25 March 2013 - 01:02 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#25 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

I would prefer this team to get younger rather then older. We are already one of the oldest (if not the oldest) teams in the NHL.

Someone like a Mike Cammalleri would be a great fit on this team. Young, a beast in the playoffs and could actually fit in our top six (or really on any top six.) Also presumably with the Flames going to be active at the deadline he might be easy to get. (Not sure if cheap but I doubt Cammalleri be an expensive option to be had)

Young? He's 31.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#26 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Young? He's 31.

Compared to Jagr, he's barely a fetus. Compared to many on this team he is too, lol.

Edited by ATLL765, 25 March 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#27 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

does anyone really think that age should have anything to do with renting jagr for the stretch run and playoffs. i would have no interest in resigning him. i'm sure that would go into the trade (conditional pick). make it urbom/conditional 3rd if he resigns with the devils.

i like the idea of playoff game 1:

henrique-loktionov-kovalchuk

elias-zajac-jagr

ponikarovski-zubrus-clarkson

d'agostini-carter-bernier

and it's insurance if kovy doesn't come back.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#28 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

does anyone really think that age should have anything to do with renting jagr for the stretch run and playoffs. i would have no interest in resigning him. i'm sure that would go into the trade (conditional pick). make it urbom/conditional 3rd if he resigns with the devils.

i like the idea of playoff game 1:

henrique-loktionov-kovalchuk
elias-zajac-jagr
ponikarovski-zubrus-clarkson
d'agostini-carter-bernier

and it's insurance if kovy doesn't come back.

I agree. If the guy is coming in as a rental and he's still productive then nobody should be concerned with age.

#29 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Young? He's 31.

A 31 year old player has realistically at the least 3 years and at the very most 6.

That's not bad. I mean if you consider Mason Raymond to be a "top six forward" then I'd consider him. He's 26 but he's more of a depth 3rd liner to me (like D'agostini is)

Edited by TheMazz, 25 March 2013 - 02:20 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#30 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,552 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

The Devils don't have the assets for Jagr.  The Stars would want a 1st round pick, which NJ can't afford.  They've got plenty of young D there (morrow, oleksiak, larsen, dillon).  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#31 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

The Devils don't have the assets for Jagr.  The Stars would want a 1st round pick, which NJ can't afford.  They've got plenty of young D there (morrow, oleksiak, larsen, dillon).  

Well, if they had taken the Russian C and the 2 from the Bruins... oh well.

Jagr really shouldn't be worth a 1 but then again Murray shouldn't have been worth two twos.

#32 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

The guy is 41. In what world is he worth a 1st rounder? If the Stars want a 1st for him then Dallas can keep him.

n2eg.jpg

#33 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Nope. We need youth!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#34 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

POWERPLAY help if nothing else!!!!!!!!! cmon guys you saw it tonight. looks very anemic. remember getting an old rental shanahan??? it would be like that but better.

only at the right price obviously.

Edited by oconnellrules, 26 March 2013 - 12:37 AM.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#35 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

If we wanted an old Czech guy we could have had Sykora for cheaper. I'm still curious about Jagr though.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#36 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

The guy is 41. In what world is he worth a 1st rounder? If the Stars want a 1st for him then Dallas can keep him.

If Douglas Murray went for two 2s (albeit a conditional one), Morrow for a recent first rounder and a pick...hell, last year it was first rounders for everything. Gaustad for a first!

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#37 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,552 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Well, if they had taken the Russian C and the 2 from the Bruins... oh well.

Jagr really shouldn't be worth a 1 but then again Murray shouldn't have been worth two twos.

Jagr is worth a 1 because, like Gaustad and the Sabres last year, the Stars are still in the race.  They're going to need to be bowled over with an offer to give up a key player.

Edited by Triumph, 26 March 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#38 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

slightly off-topic...with his next assist Jagr will have 1000 career assists. Quite an accomplishment. In fact it will be at least 5 more seasons before anyone else (Thornton) has even a chance of reaching this milestone, if they even can.

Had Jagr stayed in the NHL those 3 seasons, he would have been near the Top 5 Assists of all time & Top 3 Point scorers.

So that's why he will still command a premium for a playoff run, even at age 41.

Edited by BlueSkirt, 27 March 2013 - 04:58 AM.

#39 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

personally unless it's a no brainer trade for a young promising player that would help us in the future. i'd stay away from anything putting a doubt in our mind.

I don't think it's worth it to risk giving up any assets or picks for a guy that will either retire next season or sign somewhere else, may not bring anything or even if he does we could still miss the playoffs or get knocked off in the first round even with him.

Our future on offence is really not looking that great so if anything i'd try to get assets as much as possible, anything to get rid of bad  / overpaid contracts to make room to resign all our player and maybe sign a decent forward during the summer, also room to slowly insert our young dmen in the team. By the look of it we're still like years away before we have room for any of them.

might be hard to get first rounders but if we could get extra 2nd round picks in that deep draft it could be golden

edit; plus with everyone healthy we have a pretty good group anyway.

Edited by SterioDesign, 27 March 2013 - 07:39 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#40 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,552 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

slightly off-topic...with his next assist Jagr will have 1000 career assists. Quite an accomplishment. In fact it will be at least 5 more seasons before anyone else (Thornton) has even a chance of reaching this milestone, if they even can.

Had Jagr stayed in the NHL those 3 seasons, he would have been near the Top 5 Assists of all time & Top 3 Point scorers.

So that's why he will still command a premium for a playoff run, even at age 41.

There's a pretty strong case for Jagr being the greatest winger of all time.  Seems like he could play another 2-3 years too, if he wanted to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users