Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

There's no way somebody else doesn't beat us to him

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#22 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

He's playing Center with CAR this year I thought.

1dun.jpg

#23 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Carolina's looking to shed payroll next year. Taking back Tallinder doesn't help that.

This gives them the cap space to add a contract for next year, though.  Tallinder would be a great fit there, I'd really hate to deal him given that we're currently using 4 guys substantially worse than him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#24 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers...

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#25 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

He's playing Center with CAR this year I thought.

He was, and he was also winning a significant number of his face-offs.

FWIW - His cap hit is only $3 milliion

Edited by jagknife, 26 March 2013 - 11:35 AM.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Claim him. This guy has been haunting my nightmares for years.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#27 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

He was, and he was also winning a significant number of his face-offs.

Is he playing Center or is he just taking faceoffs?

Looks like he's recently been demoted to the 4th line in Carolina with limited special teams time.  

3 mill for a 4th line winger is way too much, for a center it's tolerable I guess if he can move up to the 3rd.  I bet some team takes him.  I think this was a smart proactive move by Rutherford to dump him as some teams are desperate to add talent before the playoff push.  I wonder if he shopped him at all though first?  Maybe teams would only trade for him if Carolina ate cap hit/salary...

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#28 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I think my surround sound needs to be calibrated.

Calibrated.
Put food on my family

#29 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers...

lol!
It's the whiskey talking.

#30 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Damn dude, if you are on a portable device look into tapatalk. The network you are using is sending crazy multiples.

#31 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Damn dude, if you are on a portable device look into tapatalk. The network you are using is sending crazy multiples.

haha I know seriously my bad. I'm struggling over here

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#32 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

No more claims, we're turning into the freaking Islanders.    Even worse, we'll get past the deadline and be stuck with all of these guys.

#33 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

No more claims, we're turning into the freaking Islanders. Even worse, we'll get past the deadline and be stuck with all of these guys.

You make it sound like we've been picking up guys from waivers all season. Unless I'm forgetting someone we have only claimed 1 player; kostopolis. And Jokinen is actually a good player.

#34 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

You make it sound like we've been picking up guys from waivers all season. Unless I'm forgetting someone we have only claimed 1 player; kostopolis. And Jokinen is actually a good player.

Point taken, but the cheap trades aren't that much different.   We're taking on too many players, especially if we can't dispose of any.   Then everyone starts getting healthy and players have to go through waivers.    And we've paid a little bit for most of them.

#35 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Point taken, but the cheap trades aren't that much different.   We're taking on too many players, especially if we can't dispose of any.   Then everyone starts getting healthy and players have to go through waivers.    And we've paid a little bit for most of them.

Eh, you really think we're dropping Loki or Poni on waivers? I doubt it. I doubt we even try to trade either of them. Plus, with the injuries we have now, everyone should be out past the deadline anyways, so it won't matter that much. And don't we get emergency call ups after that, so is there a way we could sneak someone through waivers like that?

#36 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Eh, you really think we're dropping Loki or Poni on waivers? I doubt it. I doubt we even try to trade either of them. Plus, with the injuries we have now, everyone should be out past the deadline anyways, so it won't matter that much. And don't we get emergency call ups after that, so is there a way we could sneak someone through waivers like that?

I could see Poni being waived.    Lokitonov is a keeper and they should be trying to resign him.

If they took on Jokinen, that would be the 5th forward they've taken on this year.   That's alot.

#37 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

I could see Poni being waived.    Lokitonov is a keeper and they should be trying to resign him.

If they took on Jokinen, that would be the 5th forward they've taken on this year.   That's alot.

True, but you can send down Lil' Gio, Barch, Kostopolous, all guys that might not get claimed and wouldn't hurt much if they did, with Gio probably being the most likely to get claimed. Zubes comes back, Kovy, there's your room right there, right?

#38 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Zubes should be back next week, we'll see who goes down. I don't think we would risk Poni, more likely a kid with two way will just be sent down.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#39 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

True, but you can send down Lil' Gio, Barch, Kostopolous, all guys that might not get claimed and wouldn't hurt much if they did, with Gio probably being the most likely to get claimed. Zubes comes back, Kovy, there's your room right there, right?

Let's see.   We've got 8 D so they have 2 of the 3 scratch spots.

Kovy, Elias, Zajac, Henrique, Clarkson, Loki, Zubrus, Carter, Bernier, Gionta, Poni, Barch, D'Agostini, Greek Guy, Hypothetical Jokinen.

I think that's it, everyone else has options or is Sestito.

That's not *that* bad.   2 guys would need to be waived.   Greek Guy obviously, the next one would be a little sketchy.   Gionta doesn't deserve to be waived, he just shouldn't be playing C.

#40 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

I just thought he was going crazy and repeating himself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users