172 replies to this topic

#61 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

A lot of envy on the board tonight. If the Penguins don't win it all, they just gave up a lot of future for some rentals. I'm not ready to crown them just yet. They need to win 4 best of 7's like anyone else. 

Agreed, no doubt they are favorites in the East but they'll still have to go through a 2 month battle to win it all. Easier said than done.

Some info on the prospects:

@coreypronman

"Agostino is a hard working forward, has good skill, tough, protects puck well but he's small. Average speed. Projects as a 3L forward."

"Seen a lot of Hanowski recently. Good hockey sense, average skill, great shot, skating is an issue. Ok 2L potential. Good PP guy."

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#62 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Imagine how Bruins fans feel envious AND bitter

#63 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

I just hate the whole "list" thing. You wanna leave fine, but let us get the most for when we trade you. Let us explore all options. Don't just says these 5 teams are the only teams ill go to. Yeah he wants to go to a good team but he is a UFA in a few months anyway. These NTC's and no shows to camp etc are getting out of control

The training camp no-shows is one thing but the teams offer the NTC's so I have no problem with players using them, especially veterans who have families that they don't want to leave or force to move.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#64 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Is it possible for the Flyers to still make it to 8th seed?

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#65 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

So i thought the salary cap was supposed to stop stuff like this?

#66 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

It has...   this team can't exist as a full season team.
We have 11.5mm free in actual cap...  but could add 37.5mm right now, or 47mm on the deadline day.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#67 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Pens fans must be loving this though. I know I would be.
It's the whiskey talking.

#68 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Well this put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.. At least now I don't have to care when we lose this season, cause it doesn't really matter

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#69 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Pens fans must be loving this though. I know I would be.

Yeah, pretty much.  Who knows if they win it all or not (though clearly they're a favorite), but if I'm a Penguins fan, yeah, I'd be pretty excited about it. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#70 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Well this put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.. At least now I don't have to care when we lose this season, cause it doesn't really matter

I wouldn't go that far just YET.  For one, the Devils are at least playing good enough defense that they can keep themselves in games.  They're not a fun team to watch, but when they execute, they can hang in with anyone...of course, the fact that they can't score and now don't have Kovalchuk means that most games are going to be a fight to win...I'm guessing between now and the end of the season, they go right around NHL-.500...hopefully that's enough to get into the playoffs.  It is what it is. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#71 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,399 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

Imagine how Bruins fans feel envious AND bitter

The Bruins can go fvck themselves for leaking all this stuff last night, without having the deal in the bag.  I figured Chiraelli's been around long enough to know you need player approval first when an NTC's involved.  

How long before the Pens get Bouwmeester too?  Or whatever other big name's left on the market?

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 March 2013 - 06:59 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#72 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

I'd like our devs to get a crack at them in the playoffs...Big tree fall hard.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#73 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,113 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

Geez, so sad that most of you are ready to just not even play the rest of the season. Thankfully the rest of the league isn't just gonna pack up their gear and go home. The penguins still won't win the cup.

#74 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

Wait, what are we talking about?

This was when it was said that Boston was getting iginla. I was blaming the isles for being dumb and taking that contract off of the book from Boston. They basically gave them 5m in cap space for nothing. But I guess while I was sleeping iginla went to Pitt instead haha
Edit: and i think this means the other eastern teams need to add a decent piece as well now. Pens added 3 pieces this week (although I don't think Murray is any good) and the rest of the easy hasn't done anything to keep pace yet. Idk if pens win it though cause I really think D and goaltending is their stumbling block and they didnt address that.

Edited by njd3b1ink, 28 March 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#75 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

Devils have done a great job shutting down the pens. I would love to have pens in first round instead of the bruins in the decent chance that we pull off a massive upset and have Shero cry about his all in bet.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#76 peteyvegas51

peteyvegas51

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Maybe the league is supplementing them?  On the hush, of course!! :thumbsup:

#77 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

Lou, see if you can move Bryce to the Pens. They seem to want every captain in the NHL and this could be our chance!

believe-devs.jpg

#78 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Penguin bandwagon fans: Activate!!!

#79 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Depends who the Penguins will face in Rd 1 because Lundqviist's goaltending might upset this team, especially how shaky Fleury has become.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#80 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

It has...   this team can't exist as a full season team.
We have 11.5mm free in actual cap...  but could add 37.5mm right now, or 47mm on the deadline day.

11.5 millimeters?

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users