610 replies to this topic

#301 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

I'm disapointed in the Clowe return. I expected more. As Tri says earlier 2nd round picks aren't worth that much. The trade was clearly about dumping a player only.

Clowe scouting report: Takes stupid penalties. Hes pressing as a UFA and is not meshing with the team. He's also been very unlucky as he has no goals despite near 50 shots. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suddenly become effective in NY but he'll never recreate his lofty point totals from 2 or 3 years ago. Think Brandon Prust.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#302 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

For the description above they got tons more than what they should have.   Not having Thornton or Marleau to set him up and the fact he will probably hit the UFA market, leaves this a steal for SJ.

Second round picks are only as good as your scouting allows.   Sharks seem to be pretty good at drafting value.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#303 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,622 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

I'm disapointed in the Clowe return. I expected more. As Tri says earlier 2nd round picks aren't worth that much. The trade was clearly about dumping a player only.

Clowe scouting report: Takes stupid penalties. Hes pressing as a UFA and is not meshing with the team. He's also been very unlucky as he has no goals despite near 50 shots. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suddenly become effective in NY but he'll never recreate his lofty point totals from 2 or 3 years ago. Think Brandon Prust.

Getting what sounds like 2 2nds and a 3rd is pretty good, though.  I mean, the guy hasn't scored this year, hard to think he's going to get a 1st.  I also think his best days are behind him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#304 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

what makes it better as a devils fan is there's talk that the framework for an extension is there for clowe but they need to move $ out for next year to afford him.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#305 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

My understanding is the 2014 2nd is conditional on him signing.  Also I do like that it's Florida's 2013 3rd round pick.

I don't like trading somewhat effective forwards for picks in the middle of a playoff push.  Also I don't like it for the Sharks who are built around 3 players that won't be around much longer.  Regardless the Sharks do need to stock up on prospects, and the value's fine.  But I had stars in my eyes after seeing what Murray and Handzus went for.  Also the ridiculous Couturier rumors were fun to think about.  My guess is Niewendyk undercut the market with his Jagr deal, and by that point it was just time to take the best offer.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#306 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

I just read somewhere that Kovy has declared that he wish he was a Ranger... he would have receive better medical treatment...

alala...

I'm here for the party

#307 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

50/50  chance Bishop gets moved.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#308 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

50/50  chance Bishop gets moved.

Kipper now off the block too apparently.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#309 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

what makes it better as a devils fan is there's talk that the framework for an extension is there for clowe but they need to move $ out for next year to afford him.

Clowe for the Rangers is going to be purely a rental. The Rangers brought him in due to how good he is in the playoffs and assuming the Rangers make the playoffs this could be a deal that works out for them. You know...considering they need the depth in the worst way. However if NYR signs Clowe to that massive extension that he is looking for then I wouldn't be shocked if Sather's job suddenly becomes in jeopardy.

Of course I would love that to happen from a fan's perspective.

n2eg.jpg

#310 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

burmistrov is really on the block apparently... i'd really inquiry about him if im Lou... He's young and a 8th pick overall and he's a good playmaker and scorer.

he's not having a good season but he may be part of one of those hockey trade switching players in need of a change of scenery 

just for fun.. a straight swap Burmistrov for Clarkson would you do it?

www.SterioDesign.com

#311 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

burmistrov is really on the block apparently... i'd really inquiry about him if im Lou... He's young and a 8th pick overall and he's a good playmaker and scorer.

he's not having a good season but he may be part of one of those hockey trade switching players in need of a change of scenery 

For Clarkson? LOLNO. But I'd love to have Burmistrov. I am not sure where he would fit given our depth at center...I know PDB isn't that fond of breaking up CBGB's chemistry (even though many aren't fond of Gionta) but Burmy would be a fantastic pickup. I feel he could be had for cheap and it'd be a Lokti esque move. The potential with that kid is amazing.

n2eg.jpg

#312 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yes in a milisecond 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#313 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yes in a milisecond 

The return with Clarkson would be pretty substantial. More so then just a player who has played on the Jets' fourth line. (Although with the potential to be a 20 goal scorer.) This is undervaluing Clarkson in my opinion.

n2eg.jpg

#314 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

The return with Clarkson would be pretty substantial. More so then just a player who has played on the Jets' fourth line. (Although with the potential to be a 20 goal scorer.) This is undervaluing Clarkson in my opinion.

He's still young and has a ton of potential. You're probably not getting a better prospect than him. And let's not forget, Clarkson's been absolutely awful lately 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#315 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

This has to be the worst trade deadline day in years

Edited by SMantzas, 03 April 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#316 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,622 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

The Devils aren't getting Burmistrov.  I'd be in favor of making a move if we didn't already have his clone in Loktionov.

I don't think people around here realize that Clarkson is still on pace for 27 goals and would be our top scorer if the season ended today.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#317 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

This has to be the worst trade deadline day in years

Not true...I just traded half of my sandwich for my co-worker's Yoo-Hoo.

What a steal!

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#318 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

The Devils aren't getting Burmistrov.  I'd be in favor of making a move if we didn't already have his clone in Loktionov.

I don't think people around here realize that Clarkson is still on pace for 27 goals and would be our top scorer if the season ended today.

I've been trying to hammer that into people's heads, but all they see is Clarky hate due to him being forced into a situation in which he's over his head in terms of the players he now has to compete against on the ice.

#319 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Chere reporting Zidlicky isn't practicing. 

Had to throw that out there

#320 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

@RealKyper Keep an eye on #Devils Uncle Lou. Apparently he got his 1st round pick to dangle and he wants a scoring winger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users