610 replies to this topic

#361 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

And then next year when we still can't score enough, what will be your solution then?

we can resign him? lol you know "Zid we're trading you to get better now but.... we might see you again * wink* "

www.SterioDesign.com

#362 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

And then next year when we still can't score enough, what will be your solution then?

Same as always: MOAR TRADES!!!!

#363 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

The fact that the Devils PR said they have no idea whats going on with Zid is a little suspicious.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#364 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

The fact that the Devils PR said they have no idea whats going on with Zid is a little suspicious.

Devils PR team have no clue on how to market and run their own events so this is not surprising.

#365 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Devils PR team have no clue on how to market and run their own events so this is not surprising.

The usual response from them is they wait and see after practice or something along those lines.

Lol

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 2m
Wow so last 2 players traded are currently w/ their wives at the hospital as they give birth! Jokinen & Smithson #TradeTracker #babytracker

Edited by Zubie#8, 03 April 2013 - 12:40 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#366 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

I think this question is largely irrelevant regarding Zidlicky, because I don't think the Devils would resign him anyway.  You're also assuming he doesn't go through a decline in production at 37 years old.

I honestly think you're overvaluing what he brings to the team.  I know he's the PMD savior that fans on this forum have been longing for since Nieds left, but come on.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 03 April 2013 - 12:43 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#367 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 37s

Being told NJD, WPG and maybe CBJ have an interest in Buffalo's Drew Stafford. #TRADETRACKER

believe-zubrus.jpg

#368 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

The usual response from them is they wait and see after practice or something along those lines.

Lol

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 2m
Wow so last 2 players traded are currently w/ their wives at the hospital as they give birth! Jokinen & Smithson #TradeTracker #babytracker

So why is Todd Cordell, a supposed devils beat writer asking the Devils PR knowing this? I am following him on twitter and I swear he is worse at reporting than the NY Post writers

Edited by DevsMan84, 03 April 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#369 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Jerred Smithson from FLA to EDM for a draft pick, believed to be a fourth round pick.

#370 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

I wouldn't mind Zidlicky getting moved for a better piece on offense. From what I can tell, he's not an important presence in the locker room. He's not one of our more solid D-men. He takes a ton of penalties in a year where our penalty kill isn't all that great. He's 36 years old, and his contract's almost up; he's only been here for year so it's not like we'll be upset if he's gone. If moving him can make our offense better, do it.

#371 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think this question is largely irrelevant regarding Zidlicky, because I don't think the Devils would resign him anyway.  You're also assuming he doesn't go through a decline in production at 37 years old.

I honestly think you're overvaluing what he brings to the team.  I know he's the PMD savior that fans on this forum have been longing for since Nieds left, but come on.

So lets say we can resign him for $3-3.5M for 1-2 years, would you sign him? I would. He's slightly overpriced right now, not by much, but a little. For us, that's an acceptable overpayment for a product we've been trying hard to find, so if we could sign him for a bit less, it's even better to me. Then he can help next couple years to teach the young guys a few things that no one else on our D can do.

#372 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

So why is Todd Cordell, a supposed devils beat writer asking the Devils PR knowing this? I am following him on twitter and I swear he is worse at reporting than the NY Post writers

Todd Cordell's a blogger, not a beat writer. He actually has GREAT analysis and insight; as for "news", he kind of deflects what's already been reported, which is okay. But yeah, he has a great handle on stats and our prospects.

#373 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Todd Cordell's a blogger, not a beat writer. He actually has GREAT analysis and insight; as for "news", he kind of deflects what's already been reported, which is okay. But yeah, he has a great handle on stats and our prospects.

His analysis is average at best and insight is nothing except stuff that has already been repeated or reported before.

#374 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Zids can be moved and we can still have a halfway decent, albeit not as good, PMD in Tallinder or we can call up Urbom or one of the other kids.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#375 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

His analysis is average at best and insight is nothing except stuff that has already been repeated or reported before.

haha No one's forcing you to follow him, man. But regardless, I like what he brings to the table regarding our prospects (who I otherwise don't see being reported about anywhere), and odds and ends stats he seems to find. Different strokes for different folks! Maybe I don't follow the right people?

#376 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

haha No one's forcing you to follow him, man. But regardless, I like what he brings to the table regarding our prospects (who I otherwise don't see being reported about anywhere), and odds and ends stats he seems to find. Different strokes for different folks! Maybe I don't follow the right people?

Once in a while he gets on to something, but then again even broken clocks are right twice a day.

We also have a prospect thread here in this forums that is just as good

#377 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

So lets say we can resign him for $3-3.5M for 1-2 years, would you sign him? I would. He's slightly overpriced right now, not by much, but a little. For us, that's an acceptable overpayment for a product we've been trying hard to find, so if we could sign him for a bit less, it's even better to me. Then he can help next couple years to teach the young guys a few things that no one else on our D can do.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I swear, but I wouldn't.  I'd much rather keep the spot open to a Harrold/Fayne type player, or one of the young guns chomping at the bit.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#378 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

i like what he brings too youre not alone

www.SterioDesign.com

#379 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,181 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

DeBoer is going to explain Zid's absence later lol. No trade.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#380 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Ben Bishop to Tampa according to Mckenzie. Two giant goalies in Tampa now.

Edited by Zubie#8, 03 April 2013 - 01:07 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users