610 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Fayne is a movable asset for a player like Jagr. Urbom and Gelinas could also fetch something pretty good from a team that isn't currently contending. Lou has built a nice reputation with respect to spotting young talent that a lot of GMs seem to buy into. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't see Lou making moves with these guys. He's like hoarding D Men. I don't know if I'd be excited with him moving Fayne.

I mention Fayne only because he's the odd man out, at least for the time being.

Depending on how comfortable I was that at least two of our prospects are second pairing or better defensemen, I would pull the trigger on Fayne for Jagr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

If he could get Jagr for Fayne and probably something else I'd scratch my head a bit, but I wouldn't be screaming to the heavens in anger..

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#23 iceowl14

iceowl14

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

The goalie situation is interesting and I wonder when or if Lou will make a move. I reckon Marty could keep going another season if he wanted to but would it not be worth investing sooner rather than later in an experienced and effective goalie to play backup next season? As well as being able to be a long term starter? Whether this comes before the deadline or in the off-season, it would be worth looking at who could step into the boots now wouldn't it?

Twitter: @IceOwl14

#24 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

I'd expect Lou to look hard at Bouwmeester.  I think he tried to make a move for a core younger (under 32) D man and a older goal scoring forward.

Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#25 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'd expect Lou to look hard at Bouwmeester.  I think he tried to make a move for a core younger (under 32) D man and a older goal scoring forward.

This would be enormous folly if Lou were to trade for Bouwmeester. Setting the contract aside (which is not great to begin with), this is just not something the Devils need. There is a logjam on defense as it is with what's on the NHL roster. That doesn't include Urbom, Gelinas and the eventual debut of Merril. Defense is the last thing the Devils should be trading for. It is an absolute point of strength and would be a mistake in asset management to add more. Just like Salvador's contract was a mistake, regardless of his play.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#26 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

ive always liked j-bouw. too bad his cap hit is so absurd...

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#27 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

I just called the Dallas Stars front office and demanded to speak to Jaromir Jagr so I could get to the bottom of these trade rumors.

The woman told me she couldn't do that, then asked if there was anything else she could help me with today.

It sounds like she's hiding something.  Will call again in another few minutes and pass along information as it becomes available.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#28 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I want the Devils to pick up a definite Top 6 forward, maybe look at Derek Roy from Dallas or Fleischmann from Florida
25smul5.png

#29 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Pass on Jay-Bo.  Makes no sense for us.  Plus I don't think he'd want to come here anyway.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#30 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'd like to see Fleischmann with Kovy and Loktionov.

#31 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

My wish list (dream list)....

Vrbata

Fleischmann

Hemsky

believe-zubrus.jpg

#32 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Tedenby, a seventh rounder, two cases of koolaid, and a full bag of lays chips (since i could never find such a thing) for Malkin.  Make it happen Lou

#33 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Fixed.

Tedenby, a seventh rounder, two cases of koolaid, and a full bag variety pack of lays chips for Malkin.  Make it happen Lou

Now thats a winner.

Edited by Zubie#8, 29 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#34 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Flash would be awesome.

#35 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

I dont expect for Lou to add anyone. He is way too conservative and we dont even need that random depth D trade. sigh.

but it sounds like it will be an active deadline.

#36 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

I dont expect for Lou to add anyone. He is way too conservative and we dont even need that random depth D trade. sigh.

but it sounds like it will be an active deadline.

I agree, not with Lou though! It hard to think like LL, he is thinking about next year and getting all the players signed. If he does dump some players at the end of the season there will be a lot to pick from due to the drop in cap! All these teams like Pitt are doing what their doing for today this season. No way that team will look the same next year.
Off topic how many think Kovy will be back next week? He keeps himself in great shape and can play through a lot of pain just getting him out there is a help because of the crowd he draws. Just a thought!

#37 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Kovy still has many years on his contract. Better to keep him out til he fully recovers.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#38 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

http://flyers.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=64095

The Flyers have acquired defenseman Kent Huskins from Detroit in exchange for a conditional 2014 draft pick.

---------------------------------------

Both sides of PA doing big time deals. :lol:

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#39 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Leopold from Buffalo to St. Louis for picks. Per McKenzie.

#40 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Leopold from Buffalo to St. Louis for picks. Per McKenzie.

very likely picks that will end up in the devils hands for tallinder in the offseason

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users