610 replies to this topic

#461 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

If we can't score next year, Lou will say the roster we have is sufficient and that we just need to create better chances and that no major changes are necessary. Next question? :whistling:

Because that's what he did this year and last year, right? Are you following the same team as I am?

We added Loktionov, D'Agostini and Ponikarovsky. Last year, we added Foster, Poni, Zid. Do you not see the pattern I do? Because the pattern is: All those guys can score.

#462 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Redden to the Bruins for a pick.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#463 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Matt Lombardi to the Ducks

#464 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

If we can't score next year, Lou will say the roster we have is sufficient and that we just need to create better chances and that no major changes are necessary. Next question? :whistling:
Because that's what he did this year and last year, right? Are you following the same team as I am?
We added Loktionov, D'Agostini and Ponikarovsky. Last year, we added Foster, Poni, Zid. Do you not see the pattern I do? Because the pattern is: All those guys can score.

But they weren't added during the craze and excitement of the deadline! Lou should have held off on those trades so that we could join in the fun.. Who cares if you add scoring pieces before the deadline?
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#465 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

I'm sure the Red Wings' fans are just as flabbergasted as us. After getting killed by Chicago they didn't acquire anyone.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#466 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

It's going to be too late by the time the whole team is healthy again. I hate the excuse well be fine once we are healthy that I have been hearing for weeks. Theres 15 or so games left, we don't have the time for recoveries. I would have to see something added to help w Kovy's absence.

#467 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

we got sullivan from phoenix for a 7th

Edited by SterioDesign, 03 April 2013 - 02:28 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#468 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

I'm sure the Red Wings' fans are just as flabbergasted as us. After getting killed by Chicago they didn't acquire anyone.

Because they're in the same spot we are.   There's really no point.    At least they're not complicated by having to erase a 1st round pick.

I was hoping someone would take a D off our hands for virtually anything, but I guess it didn't happen.    Oh well, on to hoping Marty doesn't retire so we can amnesty one of them.

#469 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Theres your depth pickup

believe-zubrus.jpg

#470 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

@TGfireandice: RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: Steve Sullivan traded to NJ for a 7th rounder
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#471 maniacdevsdude

maniacdevsdude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

we got sullivan from phoenix for a 7th

Sully is coming back to NJ?? Nice.

#472 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

should of guessed it would be an ex-devil

#473 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Lou's biggest blind spot is goaltending and that's the team's biggest problem.  The rest of the team would certainly be helped out by a scoring winger acquisition.

I waffle on this, but I have to admit, there's a part of me that won't be upset if Marty decides to retire at the end of the season.  He has had an awesome career and is among the best to play his position in the history of the sport.  He has nothing to prove and nothing to be ashamed of.  

What does he really have left to play for?  700 wins?  He has a chance to get there, but whether he leaves the game with 670, 680, 690 or 700 wins, won't make any difference to me one bit.  I won't think 700 wins makes him a better goalie than 670 would.

I know he still has vintage Marty moments, but the save%s since '10-'11 are what they are.  As in not very good in today's NHL.  Life after Marty is coming very soon.  I understand why Lou has put that off for as long as possible, and I am glad Marty has played for as long as he has, but I don't think next season should be an automatic anymore, as far as Marty coming back as the #1 guy. 

Steve Sullivan...Lou never could resist bringing back ex-Devils.  Seems like the right kind of move if one had to be made...it ain't sexy, but oh well.  Low risk/low reward move for a team that seems to be kind of meh this season at this point. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#474 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

LOL, that's kind of funny.   He could help out on the PP, I guess, if there's a spot for him.    But he hasn't been injured yet this season which means he should last for about 4 minutes.

#475 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Ex-Devil? Check

Depth forward? Check

Good ole Lou

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#476 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Speculation on my part:

Stafford to Caps for Chimera.

Both have reportedly been traded, but nothing confirmed.

#477 maniacdevsdude

maniacdevsdude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

But they weren't added during the craze and excitement of the deadline! Lou should have held off on those trades so that we could join in the fun.. Who cares if you add scoring pieces before the deadline?

Don't lump me in with the fans who want dramatic trades before the deadline.Lou knows what he's doing and he's the best GM in the league IMO. I guess I was being a little sarcastic in my posting.

#478 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Speculation on my part:

Stafford to Caps for Chimera.

Both have reportedly been traded, but nothing confirmed.

I would have loved to have either of those guys. Chimera brings a lot of speed.

Instead we get the guy who does the infommercials. Oh, that's Anthony Sullivan.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#479 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Id rather see Sullivan then Sestito

#480 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Wondering if the devils are done, who at this point do we send down? 

Meaning trading someone away

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users