610 replies to this topic

#501 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

i thought pomminville's deal was alright... until we learn there was a 1st and 2nd added to that... thats crazy

www.SterioDesign.com

#502 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Minny overpaid big time for Pominville 

#503 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, NSH trades Michael Latta and Martin Erat to WSH for Filip Forsberg.

www.SterioDesign.com

#504 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Minny overpaid big time for Pominville 

interesting lou said that he was in other trade discussions, but didn't want to sacrifice the future.  perhaps an indication that he inquired into pominville and buffalo was asking too much

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#505 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,181 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

interesting lou said that he was in other trade discussions, but didn't want to sacrifice the future.  perhaps an indication that he inquired into pominville and buffalo was asking too much

And got too much.  But boy, Minnesota is starting to worry me now regardless.  

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 April 2013 - 04:00 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#506 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

To try to equate it to our prospects.... Boucher, Wedgewood 1st + 2nd. The difference between us and Minnesota is that they have more to spare like Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, etc. 

#507 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,545 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

And got too much.  But boy, Minnesota is starting to worry me now regardless.  

They play in the other Conference.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#508 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,997 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

They play in the other Conference.  

But if one is fixated on the Minnesota Parise's and how they measure up against the Devils moving forward....and maybe Parise actually making a good hockey decision too, one could be worried.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#509 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

The difference between us and Minnesota is that they have more to spare like Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, etc.

Because they've been perennial losers.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#510 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

so when healthy...

Henrique  Zajac Kovalchuk

Elias Loktionov Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Zubrus D'Agostini

Carter Josefson Bernier

Sullivan Gionta Tedenby

if all those guys could play at thei rpotential "at the same time" it could be good, but we havents seen that yet

www.SterioDesign.com

#511 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

But if one is fixated on the Minnesota Parise's and how they measure up against the Devils moving forward....and maybe Parise actually making a good hockey decision too, one could be worried.

C'mon. You can't tell me you don't want to see the Wild and/or Parise to fall flat on their face

#512 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,181 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Or I just don't want Parise's team to do well, irrespective of where the Devils are as a team :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#513 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,545 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

C'mon. You can't tell me you don't want to see the Wild and/or Parise to fall flat on their face

It would be nice but I don't really care either way.  I'd prefer if he didn't win a Stanley Cup there, and actually I think this is a decent move in that direction (I don't think the Wild are that good right now, and they gave up quite a bit for Pominville and are in cap trouble next year)

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#514 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

i can be 100% honest and say I wish the worst for the wild for the next 11 years. Butthurt? yup.

www.SterioDesign.com

#515 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Welcome back to Sully, I've always liked him. Can anyone give me some insight on the guys the Rags got for Gaborik? Not familiar with them really. Hoping they suck.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#516 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

so when healthy...

Henrique  Zajac Kovalchuk

Elias Loktionov Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Zubrus D'Agostini

Carter Josefson Bernier

Sullivan Gionta Tedenby

if all those guys could play at thei rpotential "at the same time" it could be good, but we havents seen that yet

How do we now have 5 lines of forwards, not even counting Barch and Popodopolous?  I doubt we see Teddy or Josefson back up this season, which still leaves us with too many forwards.  And it doesn't even begin to take into account the cluster F on defense.

Lou is like those extreme coupon shoppers this season...they will buy anything in bulk so long as it's cheap, regardless of the fact that they can't possibly use 123,000 boxes of Ajax in their lifetime.

Posted Image

#517 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,477 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

How do we now have 5 lines of forwards, not even counting Barch and Popodopolous?  I doubt we see Teddy or Josefson back up this season, which still leaves us with too many forwards.  And it doesn't even begin to take into account the cluster F on defense.

Lou is like those extreme coupon shoppers this season...they will buy anything in bulk so long as it's cheap, regardless of the fact that they can't possibly use 123,000 boxes of Ajax in their lifetime.

Chere said the Devils are going to call Josefson up, we'll see if he's correct.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#518 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

It would be nice but I don't really care either way.  I'd prefer if he didn't win a Stanley Cup there, and actually I think this is a decent move in that direction (I don't think the Wild are that good right now, and they gave up quite a bit for Pominville and are in cap trouble next year)

they wont have a huge cap trouble next year but they'll have to make decisions, they'll likely buy out Heatley and let a few UFA walk but they can afford it with their prospects

cause i think goons are useless so i tend to ignore that they exist lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#519 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Welcome back to Sully, I've always liked him. Can anyone give me some insight on the guys the Rags got for Gaborik? Not familiar with them really. Hoping they suck.

Dorset is just a fighter who likes to see over 200 min a season. Brassard is pretty decent offensively. Columbus is pretty good before this and they continue to get Beter, they have a big fan base and those fans deserve it

#520 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Lol what an awful trade by the Caps. What is McPhee doing. Erat is aging and getting a lot of injuries, Foresberg is one hell of a prospect.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users