610 replies to this topic

#541 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'm disapointed in the Clowe return. I expected more. As Tri says earlier 2nd round picks aren't worth that much. The trade was clearly about dumping a player only.

Clowe scouting report: Takes stupid penalties. Hes pressing as a UFA and is not meshing with the team. He's also been very unlucky as he has no goals despite near 50 shots. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suddenly become effective in NY but he'll never recreate his lofty point totals from 2 or 3 years ago. Think Brandon Prust.

Clowe, 3 points already(1 goal 2 assists) in the first 12 minutes of the PENS vs RAGS game tonight.

#542 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Let me just recap.... Rangers traded dubinsky + anisimov + erixon + 1st for Nash... Then traded Gaborik for brassard + dorsett + moore + 6th.... Dubinsky > dorsett, anisomov > brassard, erixon > moore... 1st > 6th.... So they traded their depth to get a top scorer... Struggle with their depth and then traded their 2nd best scorers to get worst depth than they had... They could have just fired Tortz and they would have been fine

www.SterioDesign.com

#543 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Clowe now has a goal and three assists.  Brassard also has a goal.  Rangers have a lot of energy tonight from the new guys.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#544 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Clowe now has a goal and three assists.  Brassard also has a goal.  Rangers have a lot of energy tonight from the new guys.

They took one of his assists away. but still a 3 pt night.

Edited by Zubie#8, 03 April 2013 - 07:44 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#545 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Let me just recap.... Rangers traded dubinsky + anisimov + erixon + 1st for Nash... Then traded Gaborik for brassard + dorsett + moore + 6th.... Dubinsky > dorsett, anisomov > brassard, erixon > moore... 1st > 6th.... So they traded their depth to get a top scorer... Struggle with their depth and then traded their 2nd best scorers to get worst depth than they had... They could have just fired Tortz and they would have been fine

Keep this handy when they end up firing Torts.

Sather must have dirt on people.

#546 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Now 2 goals 1 assists for clowe....

www.SterioDesign.com

#547 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,570 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

I am going to end it with this...I was commenting on proposed lines of another poster and stated that we had 5 lines without counting 2 players that he had left out.  I then said I didn't think Teddy and Josefson would be called back up because of the # of F's we currently have (not knowing the roster limit can exceed 23 after the deadline). 

If you don't think that's too many forwards, even without a roster limit, that's fine.  It's your opinion, but it doesn't automatically make my statement "absurd."  The reason people jump down your throat all the time is the absolute air of superiority you seem to feel you have when communicating your opinion.   

You didn't know the rule, you didn't mention the normal rule in the post so that I didn't know what you were talking about, and now I'm the one who has the problem.  Gotcha.  

I'm tired of being told what my problem is. I figured you knew that rule, and I was wrong.  Mea culpa on that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#548 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm tired of being told what my problem is. I figured you knew that rule, and I was wrong.  Mea culpa on that.

At the risk of repeating myself and im saying this absolutely peacefully i swear....

But if you keep on getting called out on a specific matter and that youre tired of being told what your problem is..........

Wellllll maybe its time to look yourself in a mirror and change it....

I repeat, this is a peaceful message for the sake of everyones involved in those useless fights fueld by that specific matter.

www.SterioDesign.com

#549 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Now 2 goals 1 assists for clowe....

Brassard and Moore scored too. I still think Lou should scour the NHL for ex-Devils and sign as many as he can. He's so predictable it's comical.

#550 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

At the risk of repeating myself and im saying this absolutely peacefully i swear....

But if you keep on getting called out on a specific matter and that youre tired of being told what your problem is..........

I repeat, this is a peaceful message for the sake of everyones involved in those useless fights fueld by that specific matter.

You should try out your own advice. I say this absolutely peacefully, I swear.

#551 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,570 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

No, look.  Chuck made a post.  I responded, perhaps too brusquely, but there it is.  He defended his point.  I explained to him that he didn't know a rule and that's why he was confused about what Lou was doing - everything's cool.  Then he got all bent out of shape and called me self-righteous.  He could've just left it there.  But he, like everyone else now, feels compelled to lecture me.

I'm not changing.  If DM wants to throw me off the board, fine, I'll go.  I like this board and the posters on it and I think there's a lot of hockey knowledge and passion here.  There are people who I've disagreed with for years.  One day you'll understand that you're a lot like me in this respect and that's why we fight.

#552 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

I sense a trolling attempt a lot more than someone really trying to help here. Lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#553 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

In triumph's defense I was close to explaining the roster rule as well. It didnt seem like chuck knew that there wasnt a roster limit anymore. 

#554 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

+1

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#555 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

I sense a trolling attempt a lot more than someone really trying to help here. Lol

Not trolling, just (a bit snarkily) pointing out that you rub a lot of people the wrong way similar to how Triumph does, so maybe you're not the best person to be condescendingly lecturing others about how to act around here.

But I shouldn't have said anything because I really have no involvement in this argument. Carry on.

#556 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,570 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

There is no argument - it's an argument about a past argument.  Now let's get back to the 4 trades that are still pending...

#557 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

No, look.  Chuck made a post.  I responded, perhaps too brusquely, but there it is.  He defended his point.  I explained to him that he didn't know a rule and that's why he was confused about what Lou was doing - everything's cool.  Then he got all bent out of shape and called me self-righteous.  He could've just left it there.  But he, like everyone else now, feels compelled to lecture me.

I'm not changing.  If DM wants to throw me off the board, fine, I'll go.  I like this board and the posters on it and I think there's a lot of hockey knowledge and passion here.  There are people who I've disagreed with for years.  One day you'll understand that you're a lot like me in this respect and that's why we fight.

Well i understand the situation that happened of course and its not about fighting for your own opinion like you said im the same way im gonna fight hard to make my point. I'd never tell you or suggest (or to anyone by that matter) to stop being opiniated and argue to prove a point... With you its about the attitude and arrogance that youre doing it with. You can bring the same points and knowledge without being arrogant and trying to make the other guy feels like a retard every time. Just my 2 cents

www.SterioDesign.com

#558 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

:blahblah:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#559 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Not trolling, just (a bit snarkily) pointing out that you rub a lot of people the wrong way similar to how Triumph does, so maybe you're not the best person to be condescendingly lecturing others about how to act around here.

But I shouldn't have said anything because I really have no involvement in this argument. Carry on.

Well i can totally agree that i can piss people off with some of my arguments that im throwing here and there but my arguments are pissing people off, its never about my way of interacting with others as if im disrespecting others.

www.SterioDesign.com

#560 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

:blahblah:

Really
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users