610 replies to this topic

#61 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

I hope Clarkson is on the trade list by 4/3. Why let him leave for nothing?

How much money is he really going to make if he goes free agent?? He's crashed down to earth and his value low. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#62 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

How much money is he really going to make if he goes free agent?? He's crashed down to earth and his value low. 

He'll ask for $6 M probably get $4.5 making $3 now.

#63 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

I just heard on the pre game that he probably lost some teeth, atleast its nothing too serious.. Not that I like the guy but you never wana see this type of stuff happen to players makes me grunge thinking about it

And for all your grunge related news and notes be sure to check out GrungeReport.net. (This post might get deleted for advertsting but I am the head reporter there and this was timely haha)

Also I don't think we are getting another roster player at this point...if we trade a defenseman its gonna be for picks. Which could be best considering we gave up a bunch of draft picks to get Lokti, D'Agostini and Poni. As far as Clarkson goes...I wouldn't be worried until he gets an extension and plays like this. I think at this point this is all money related. Invisble until he gets an extension and then Clarky will perform like we are used to seeing last year and earlier this year

Edited by TheMazz, 31 March 2013 - 10:50 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#64 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

I just heard on the pre game that he probably lost some teeth, atleast its nothing too serious.. Not that I like the guy but you never wana see this type of stuff happen to players makes me grunge thinking about it

I just got an alert from ESPN that Crosby is out due to a broken jaw.

If you haven't seen it, it was a hard slap shot right to the face, no deflection or anything. Yikes

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#65 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Paul Martin had Surgery on his hand, out 4-6 weeks

http://penguins.nhl....s.htm?id=663066

#66 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Word on the street is Sabres may move Stafford. Considering we have practically nothing to offer in trade and he's a right wing I think we might as well take a shot.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#67 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

pens are pretty damaged all of a sudden. martin was the shut down guy for goals against, their goalies sure as sh!t won't stop the goals so they may start losing some games. let's see how fragile they are .

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#68 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Go after Vanek

#69 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Go after Vanek

Isn't Vanek injured?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#70 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

according to tsn people, vanek and miller will be available after the season ends not yet.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#71 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

More I think about it the more I wish the Jagr thing had legs. Unlikely that Lou really does anything. I mean even a decent 3rd line return would be good.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#72 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

jagr would be a good match, we can do without his legs, we need goal scorers in pp.

martyb.jpg

#73 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

At least we're at a point now where we can package some roster forwards with a member or two of our D surplus if there is a trade in the making.

#74 1Guy3Cups

1Guy3Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

We need a top 6 forward and or goalie. Case closed. Jonathan Bernier welcome to NJ

#75 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Really doesn't solve the scoring woes but man would it be fun to trade for Steve Ott. Ott, Clarkson, Zubrus, Poni, Kosto, Bernier... That would be a big group of boys that could really wear down an opposing defense. Plus then I could actually like Ott.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#76 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Ott can provide some offense but would it be worth it playing on the PK more.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#77 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Stafford would be a nice addition since Kovy is unknown and can provide more offense than D'Agostini, I've wanted him on the Devils for years now. Decent scoring insurance if Clarkson bails this offseason too.

Problem is that if the Devils retain Clarkson, he and Kovalchuk are the top two RWs, so Stafford doesn't make sense...unless Kovy goes back go LW.

Vanek would be a nasty addition but would take too much to acquire.

#78 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm really hoping the Devils do some major trades and shake up the team. Why on earth do they seem complacent after coming so close to all the glory last season? you would think in this shortened season it would drive them to win it all.

I realize that as long as they make the playoffs it's a whole new game, but still. Lou needs to shake up the team a bit and bring in some new major faces to revitalize the team and hopefully go all the way.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#79 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm really hoping the Devils do some major trades and shake up the team. Why on earth do they seem complacent after coming so close to all the glory last season? you would think in this shortened season it would drive them to win it all.
I realize that as long as they make the playoffs it's a whole new game, but still. Lou needs to shake up the team a bit and bring in some new major faces to revitalize the team and hopefully go all the way.

Thing is, if Lou really wants to reshape the team, blowing it up only makes sense if it's another Arnott-Nieuwy type deal. Those are tough to pull off.

#80 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Again, we have nothing to offer for even a guy like Stafford. My money is on Stafford going to the Red Wings.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users