610 replies to this topic

#161 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

The NHL is not a special teams league.  It is a 5 on 5 league.  And Jagr is not good at the shootout and there was a big controversy with him refusing to take shootouts when he was a Ranger.

I'd rather have better special teams than worse special teams. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#162 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

At what cost though?  Obviously purely hypothetical, but what would you be willing to give up for a few months of Jagr on the PP?

(This may come across as a bias question...because it kinda is, in all honesty :lol:)

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#163 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Well apparently my question to you is moot, because Jagr to Boston is all but official. 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#164 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Transaction: #NJDevils have reassigned G-Scott Wedgewood to #ADevils from Trenton (ECHL)

BOOM!

#165 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

a guy i'd like Lou to go after this summer is Mason Raymond

Was thinking exactly the same thing when i was looking through TSN's trade bait section earlier.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#166 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Transaction: #NJDevils have reassigned G-Scott Wedgewood to #ADevils from Trenton (ECHL)

BOOM!

Big news here, Folks!

This will be the peak of Devils moves.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#167 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Big news here, Folks!

This will be the peak of Devils moves.

Who are the people in your avatar?

#168 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Quick who is the next big name we can fantasize about for 26 hours!

#169 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Cool.  It's really hard to upgrade them, though.  You don't just stick in a player and get better unless there's someone who's really awful (like, say, Adam Larsson).

Edited by Triumph, 02 April 2013 - 12:24 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#170 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Still think Lou should try for Ben Bishop.

#171 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Cool.  It's really hard to upgrade them, though.  You don't just stick in a player and get better unless there's someone who's really awful (like, say, Adam Larsson).

Say what?  That's true if we're talking about someone like Ponikarovsky.  But, what do you know, talented offensive players are not guys that you're just "sticking in there". 

It's off topic, but the biggest problem with stat geeks is this urge to try an isolate a few factors and conclude that's what makes a team good. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#172 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

damn id love to have j-bouw. I see a lot of hate for him on hockey sites and whatnot. ive always liked his skill set and I don't think hes ever really been in a system to where he can flourish. his cap hit is high but the guy can play. the blues are gonna love him I think.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#173 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

It seems defensemen are bringing back good assets so far...I think we could trade a defenseman for at least picks (we need to collect some) instead of just having the logjam we got on defense

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#174 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

PP is mostly not about the players as much as the system, look at chicago last year they were last or near the bottom on the league on PP... with kane, hossa, seabrook, toews, sharp etc etc etc... 

obviously you need guys who can do their role well... and we could have that i think but we could be better, i'd put Kovy down low just like where Neal is always standing and scoring on the PP near the faceoffs circles and have 2 real puck mover on the blue line.

www.SterioDesign.com

#175 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Say what?  That's true if we're talking about someone like Ponikarovsky.  But, what do you know, talented offensive players are not guys that you're just "sticking in there". 

It's off topic, but the biggest problem with stat geeks is this urge to try an isolate a few factors and conclude that's what makes a team good. 

Did the Devils get way better with Kovalchuk on the PP in 2009-10?  I know everyone thought they would.  I don't think they did.  Nor do I think they've really gotten better in general because of him.

How much do you really think you can improve a power play by adding Jagr and replacing someone else on the top unit?  How many more goals would you score?

#176 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Ryan clowe for Tallinder would you do it?

#177 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

BOOM!

moustic scoops everyone!

I'm here for the party

#178 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

It seems defensemen are bringing back good assets so far...I think we could trade a defenseman for at least picks (we need to collect some) instead of just having the logjam we got on defense

We have too many dman who are playing not so great defensively and who are not creating offence at all, other than a few passes or shots that happen to hit the net once in awhile.

to me A-Train is the odd man out. Salv is captain and Fayne is too young and will help in the future. We can't get rid of Zidlicky he has no value and i could see them holding on to Tallinder.

So if Lou can get AT THE VERY LEAST a 2nd, get it done, id like to get a few 2nd round picks this year.

edit: i know Volchenkov has a NTC but if he's approach to waive it to go to a better team he may waive it

Edited by SterioDesign, 02 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#179 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Did the Devils get way better with Kovalchuk on the PP in 2009-10?  I know everyone thought they would.  I don't think they did.  Nor do I think they've really gotten better in general because of him.

How much do you really think you can improve a power play by adding Jagr and replacing someone else on the top unit?  How many more goals would you score?

That's what's so annoying.  Adding a player just isn't any kind of reliable solution.

**sob sob**  just play better guys.  It's that simple.  :evilcry:

I'm here for the party

#180 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

We have too many dman who are playing not so great defensively and who are not creating offence at all, other than a few passes or shots that happen to hit the net once in awhile.

to me A-Train is the odd man out. Salv is captain and Fayne is too young and will help in the future. We can't get rid of Zidlicky he has no value and i could see them holding on to Tallinder.

So if Lou can get AT THE VERY LEAST a 2nd, get it done, id like to get a few 2nd round picks this year.

edit: i know Volchenkov has a NTC but if he's approach to waive it to go to a better team he may waive it

2nd round picks aren't very helpful.  They're something that might turn into a player 4-5 years down the road.  But if the Devils wanted to get rid of Zidlicky, they would get at least a 2nd round pick, and probably another pick or prospect with him.  Have you seen what garbage like Regehr and Murray is going for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users